Topic: A Nightmare On Elm Street Director Announced

According to comingsoon.net (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52816)

The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Business Blog has gotten early word on who will be helming the Platinum Dunes remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street and it's none other than music video director Samuel Bayer, the man responsible for MTV's introduction to grunge in the form of Nirvana's award-winning "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. No word on when production will start on the movie that was being scripted by Wesley Strick (Arachnophobia), but Bayer is also slated to helm the Platinum Dunes thriller Fiasco Heights according to the story, which you can read here.

Who else is less than impressed about this?

Re: A Nightmare On Elm Street Director Announced

I like his music videos as I am a big Cranberries fan and the Nirvana video was good 15 years ago, but for a horror movie....I'm scared because Wes Craven left big shoes to fill

You gotta be yanking me? Has he done anything else? Is the teenagers gonna be all depressed in the remake? Are they actually using their brains at all? Platinum Dunes is producing this! WTF?

Maybe Freddy can have long hair and be all jumping up and down while killing people!  Maybe to the song "Love Shack"  (may have to redo it to 'Love Boiler Room').  Sorry, that was bad.  sad

OMG.
I wasn't too thrilled that they were remaking this truly
awesome horror movie anyway, but now I have zero
interest in seeing it. No Robert Englund(even a cameo),
and now some music video director. Give me a brake.
The producuers have more money than brains as usual.
sad:(:(

I hope they do the tongue phone again in the remake. It's a classic.

how ironic, i wonder if the janitor in smells like teen spirit will have a cameo in freddys new boiler room =P

lol lol What a joke