Topic: Dark Tower

Anyone else excited about this? First issue February 7th, 2007 that's next Wednesday for all you calendarless peeps.

smile

http://www.marvel.com/comics/Dark_Tower

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-02-01 22:42:50)

Re: Dark Tower

Got my copies!

This should probably go in the "Horror Gaming and Collectibles" section.

You're right...I just need to explore this wonderful, informative site more. Thanks!

Is this based on Stephen King's "The Dark Tower"?

skidog wrote:

Is this based on Stephen King's "The Dark Tower"?

Yep.  They gave it a great review at aintitcool.com

Thanks, kev, I will have to check it out.

The Dark Tower series are a few of the only Stephen King books I haven't read.  I might just read the comics instead.  tongue

OMG The Dark Tower series rules! But be warned, its not horror. It is actually very hard to catagorize.

I bought all three different covers for 92.38...wow...what they'll be worth one day!
Get em while they're hot folks they won't ever be printing them again.
Collector's Items for Sure.

I can't wait! as my title shows I love anything that Stephen King is involved in.

the comic book store was open late night for this one:) got my copy, I have been reading 300, the movie comes out soon also.

STephen King says he has no intention of ever bringing the Dark Tower to the big screen - I believe the success of this comic will govern differently and that this is just a precursor to this series actually becoming a big screen animated blockbuster in the style of Lord of the Rings...

I've always thought that The Dark Tower series could be amazing on the big screen but does anybody really think that they would give it an epic movie series like it deserves.

A movie would be interesting.  I have books 1 thu 4.

Peter Jackson comes to mind.

Valky wrote:

OMG The Dark Tower series rules! But be warned, its not horror. It is actually very hard to catagorize.

I am a huge fan of The Dark Tower series (and Stephen King in general) and would have to disagree with you on this one.  I believe that it is horror.  What makes it scary is not only what The Gunslinger, or Roland of Gilead, must face but what he must deal with inside as he is fully obsessed with reaching the Dark Tower.

Same here, I would say that the Dark Tower series mixes many different types of genres and horror is for sure one of them.