Topic: another Robin Hood movie???

i was just browsing over IMDB and saw that there are rumors of a new Robin Hood movie to be made... does anyone know anything about this?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955308/

Re: another Robin Hood movie???

I don't even need to look that up to tell you that it has been over 10 years since the last Robin Hood movie and it's overdue.  You know how ADD Hollywood is these days.  Horror isn't the only genre affected by the infamous remake outbreak.

Interesting, but what can they possibly put into that movie that hasn't been done in one of it's previous movies?

Granted, I know the new SHERLOCK HOLMES is coming out this year. THAT is something to jump up for joy about. ROBIN HOOD...ehhhh, Russell Crowe's attached so...

Yep, both Russell and Ridley Scott been working on this project for awhile and Scott announced they are shooting very soon, i think he said starting in April so its a positive go. They originally had an idea to be called Nottingham but changed it to plain Robin Hood. Also they had an idea to make Russell play both the characters Robin and the villan Sheriff of Nottingham but axed the idea as it would be pointless and cause troubles in shooting. Which i have to agree why they axed the idea. I had and idea that they were gonna do a twin brother thing were one as the hero (Robin) and one as the villan (the Sheriff) which would be an interesting idea but realized it was similar to the Man in the Iron Mask. Still no clue as to whos gonna play the Sheriff of Nottinham.

im a fan of both Ridley Scott and Russle crow. Scott is a amazing director and him and Crow have worked together before, so... its bound to be IMO... iv not sen a film with Crow in it that i didnt like so thats always a plus when i see his name shoot up in a new film

Hmmm-I don't know. Ridley has done some good shite but Robin Hood? Maybe the brits can dig it. I'd rather see something like a western (USA) version of 'the Duellists'-obsessive honor and revenge kind of thing. Maybe involving real life famous characters like wild Bill Hickok and Wes Hardin.

that would be pretty cool Fred... but i have to say i do like the story of Robin Hood. as i said in my Costner topic... i love Robin Hood prince of Theives, great cast in that one Kevin Costner, Morgan Freeman, Christian Slater, ans Allan Rickman

Yeah, Morgan Freeman is one of the great actors of our age. I remember him when young playing small parts and killing the stars.

If it was true to say the British telly series with Michael Praed then I would be interested. I would be interested if they understood who Robin was and worked more with the spiritual aspects of our hero. More Cernunnos and dryads and Marians earthly form but with her Goddess aspect.
Not the watered down played out versions by Hollywood. But then that is merely me and wishful thinking.

i LOVE MORGAN FREEMAN HE RULES

Freeman's da man.