Topic: Evil Dead the Musical

I is going to see it for my birthday. wink

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

Ohh, have fun RAGs! smile when you've seen it tell what it's like cus I'm curious. But a voice on the musical would be great! You have fun girl, *secretly jealous of you* tongue

lol

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

^^^^

No worries I'll let you know how it is and if I can I'll take pictures.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

I have the 2003 Evil Dead the Musical,  I think thats the year it is on DVD big_smile
It's alot better than I thought it was going to be. I'm sure you'll have a blast ragX.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

Be sure to sit in the "splatter zone" or whatever it's called.  wink

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

^^^
noted smile

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

Incidently RAGs when is your birthday? Sorry I have a morbid curiosity for most things smile

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

march 20.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

This is supposed to be coming to Calgary, let us know how it is.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

sure thing I'm going on the 21st.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

i finally saw it and it's soooo good!

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

That's it?!?!?
Details dear, details. http://www.moviesonline.ca/forum/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=11

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

That's it?!?!?
Details dear, details. http://www.moviesonline.ca/forum/pictur … ctureid=11

Women, promise so much, forget the <smack>
"Sorry, sweetie!"

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

will post more as soon as i have time to write a some sort of review promise huns smile should be soon

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

That's how it always is, "soon soon soon"...what about OUR NEEDS, OUR FEELINGS...:lol:

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

So for days now I couldn’t wait to see the musical. I figured since we already had tickets we could get there 45 minutes before they open the door…WRONG! Here goes the story of Rag going to see a musical.

As I’m driving to get to the freaking university in the middle of freaking nowhere, my friend’s cell phone rings. A friend of ours is already there and behind him there is about 400 people waiting to get inside. He tells us to get there ASAP. What’s a girl to do, I floor it and drive like a crazy person. We get there and it’s like a mad house. Thank evilness, my friend is almost right at the door. We stand in line waiting patiently to get inside. After a while finally the doors open. I run like the crazy person that I am to get 9 places. ((Note to people: Do not go see Evil Dead with 8 other people, it’s hard to try and find that many places together.

There is nothing on stage expect the book of the dead. I smile like a little girl. Finally the lights dime and…a freaking car cardboard appear. Now I think to myself. WTF?? The lights reopen and there is the cast holding the car and “Driving† for a second I think…what in the world. But then they start singing and I sing with them.

I must say the songs where really good, it’s been 2 days and I’m still singing “What the fuck was that?† It was great, they made fun of the typical horror movie. “a strange noise in the wood? I’ll do what my mother always told me to do and go investigate alone†

The main actor that played Ash kind of looked like Bruce Campell which was great! Obviously it’s a theatre so the props weren’t the best aka cardboard car but with what they had they made something awesome. We even had a talking moose!!!

It was great to hear everyone all at once screaming. “And this is my boomstick!!† The actors were great. The band was awesome and the songs simply marvellous. One of the 9 has already ordered the CD online. 

There is also some dancing and i must say seing Ash and Scotty do some tango while signing "what the fuck was that" was enough to made my night.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

ragXdoll wrote:

So for days now I couldn’t wait to see the musical. I figured since we already had tickets we could get there 45 minutes before they open the door…WRONG! Here goes the story of Rag going to see a musical.

As I’m driving to get to the freaking university in the middle of freaking nowhere, my friend’s cell phone rings. A friend of ours is already there and behind him there is about 400 people waiting to get inside. He tells us to get there ASAP. What’s a girl to do, I floor it and drive like a crazy person. We get there and it’s like a mad house. Thank evilness, my friend is almost right at the door. We stand in line waiting patiently to get inside. After a while finally the doors open. I run like the crazy person that I am to get 9 places. ((Note to people: Do not go see Evil Dead with 8 other people, it’s hard to try and find that many places together.

There is nothing on stage expect the book of the dead. I smile like a little girl. Finally the lights dime and…a freaking car cardboard appear. Now I think to myself. WTF?? The lights reopen and there is the cast holding the car and “Driving† for a second I think…what in the world. But then they start singing and I sing with them.

I must say the songs where really good, it’s been 2 days and I’m still singing “What the fuck was that?† It was great, they made fun of the typical horror movie. “a strange noise in the wood? I’ll do what my mother always told me to do and go investigate alone†

The main actor that played Ash kind of looked like Bruce Campell which was great! Obviously it’s a theatre so the props weren’t the best aka cardboard car but with what they had they made something awesome. We even had a talking moose!!!

It was great to hear everyone all at once screaming. “And this is my boomstick!!† The actors were great. The band was awesome and the songs simply marvellous. One of the 9 has already ordered the CD online. 

There is also some dancing and i must say seing Ash and Scotty do some tango while signing "what the fuck was that" was enough to made my night.

Was it the one in Ottawa?

I went to see it in toronto and it was really awesome. We were in the Splatter Zone! Since I live in Ottawa, we're suppose to go, but I don't remember how long it's playing at the theatre. I'll have to check.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

yup was in ottawa. yay someone close to me!

Damn i wanted to be in the splatter zone! And if i remember correctly the 21st was the last day for the ottawa tour.

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

ragXdoll wrote:

yup was in ottawa. yay someone close to me!

Damn i wanted to be in the splatter zone! And if i remember correctly the 21st was the last day for the ottawa tour.

I guess I'm not going then. I think next month Pontypool is coming to the Mayfair on Bank street. Don't know if you go there often but since January, they have a bunch of cool horror movies playing. It's now owned by a couple of guys, 1 of them is the guy who did Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

Ottawa rules!

Re: Evil Dead the Musical

i didn;t know about that, i will have to check it out!!

thanx a buch man!!!