Topic: Fangoria Spooksmodel 2010 Contest

I hope this is appropriate for me to post, and if so, that I am doing it in the right forum.

I am a hopeful for Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors Spooksmodel 2010 Contest. The voting goes up tomorrow. I'm really hoping that I will get enough votes to make it to the Finals round, when I attend Weekend of Horrors Los Angeles in April. I am a true fan of the horror genre, and I sincerely believe that I am appropriate for the role of Fangoria's Spooksmodel.

I really would appreciate all the support I could get from my fellow Horror forum friends.  I don't really like that I'm making an entire thread regarding this, but being that I've made quite a few friends on this forum, I was hoping that I could look to some of you guys for some support.

I don't have the direct link to the voting yet, but, I'm sure it will be listed on the Fangoria website tomorrow.

I'm not a model, so I hired a friend of mine to take my photo entries for the contest. I'll post them here so you will know which one I am, if you do decide to help me out and vote for me.

*EDIT: I don't have enough posts to add pictures/links to my messages, so if you'd care to see them, PM me or message me on Myspace.

Thanks, in advance, to those who vote for me. It is greatly appreciated!

Re: Fangoria Spooksmodel 2010 Contest

once you have a few more posts you are allowed to post links / images. We dont allow it for new members to prevent spam. One of the agonies of running a large site is the TONS of spam. That said I do not consider your post spam since you are a member

Hi, Kaci!  Welcome to the site!

Shannon, the current Spooksmodel, is a friend of several of our members (Just had dinner with her last night as a matter of fact) and is a wealth of information about the job.  Contact her via her MySpace, or http://www.thechainsawmafia.com.

But in the meantime, stick around!  Show off your Horror chops, learn as you go and meet the best congregation of Horror fans you're likely to meet! 

Generally around here, we kinda rock.

"Generally" rock? Oh, we be rocking baby...we be rocking...:D

good luck kaci!  If you could provide pics/links I would gladly vote for you.  Very cool competition smile

ahhh i missed the competition

Thank you everyone :-]

I really like these forums a lot. I've made quite a few friends on here (most of them talk to me via Myspace though). I always like talking with other artists about horror and art related things :-]

I'm not sure when I'll be able to post links, but go ahead and visit my Myspace, so you can view the pics that I submitted to the contest.

myspace . com / kaci    (remove the spaces)

The voting hasn't gone up yet (at least, not to my knowledge), but it supposed to go up on Fangoria.com or Fangocon.com today.

If you guys would like to ask me any questions, feel free to PM me or message me on Myspace. I'd be more than happy to answer them, and tell you why I think I have what it takes to be the next Spooksmodel for 2010. big_smile

will check it out kaci smile

Not to be a typical male, but does Fangoria choose women with certain, ahem, assets, each year, or do they usually go the horror route. I looked at what MIRTH provided and saw an attractive woman, but just because she knows how to hold a chainsaw doesn't add to the beauty of what that chainsaw on flesh can do...:D

Well, I was thinking about that too.

I'm not a model, and the MAJORITY of the other contestants that I've seen are models/actresses. A lot of them posted pictures in their underwear, or more-revealing clothes than I did.  I'm not like that. I am an artist, a fan of horror, and I run the Central Valley Horror Club in my area. I have experience working with minor special-effects makeup in a haunted house that I helped operate and act in for 5 years.  I had to hire my friend to take photos of me, because of the fact that I'm not a model and didn't have any nice ones. I did the set design, and my makeup/hair/wardrobe. I just basically tried to be myself in them, instead of smearing my entire body with red-tinted corn syrup. lol

I extensively filled out the questionnaire as well, so I'm hoping the fact that I'm really, really into horror will shine through.

Thanks for your help, to those of you who will vote for me!

Last edited by kaci (2009-03-11 10:23:04)

Ok...so, no picture of you in a bikini...got it...(mark her off list)...:lol: kidding...

Is it based on votes who gets to hold this title?

Mmmm corn syrup tonguelol:lol:
Good luck with the vote Kaci big_smile
You should be good to post pics here now. Failing that, you can always put pics in your morguespace big_smile

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

Mmmm corn syrup tonguelol:lol:
Good luck with the vote Kaci big_smile
You should be good to post pics here now. Failing that, you can always put pics in your morguespace big_smile

Kaci, what MACHO meant to say was, feel free to send them directly to us. (what was the story again). Oh, yeah, we know the judges...:P

To get to the finals round, you have to be one of the top 13 in the semifinals round.

The board still isn't letting me post links or pictures yet...

EDIT: I added them to my MorgueSpace.

Last edited by kaci (2009-03-11 10:40:22)

But how does one become one of the lucky 13 (weird typing that)? Is it based on online votes?

Ooops, I just realized I wasn't very clear on my last post.

Yes, to move onto the next round, one must have enough votes to do so.

Then, there is a second voting round for the Finals. The Finals judging is at WOH in LA, where the winner is determined based on number of online votes, crowd response, talent routine, questions and the judges (which are people from the horror-movie industry).

I just added you on myapace Kaci, hope thats ok.  I'm the HFYNTK guy smile  I love your profile pic, very awesome.

No problem. I always love meeting fellow horror-fans! :-D  And thank you very much for the kind words.

now I just saw the pics on your morguespace...very awesome.  I still like the chair one the best.  but the rest are just as cool.

Indeed, the pics are made of awesome big_smile:D
But the first one is made of super awesome big_smile:D

Thank you! The chair one is my favorite too.

your welcome, I personally enjoy someone with some class over just mostly naked wielding chainsaws.  Not that I dont like that stuff, I just like the classiness of your pictures.  I'm more mezmorized by the power of beauty and color over how nice your jugs are.

I love your photos. Your friend is a wonderful photographer.
And you look simply stunning!!  smile

I was so convinced GABS until you used the word 'jugs', then I laughed and caught on lol

Now that the men are done mesmerizing over the photos, can someone explain how this thing works please? lol

I meant it as I perfer the style over the substance of her photos...wasn't commenting on her "jugs".  lol I can understand how you could read that...pervert lol j/k

Oh! I also forgot to comment on how gloriously evil they all are too.