Topic: Harry Potter

So this may be a surprise to you all, but I am a Harry Potter fan and I have been trying for 5 years to get my misses, Colleen, to watch those movies with me.  Now, after months of begging, with a little help from my mom, brother and sister, Colleen is now watching the Harry Potters with me.  So far, enjoying them, too.  I am so happy I just felt the need to share with all of you on here. 

Is anyone else out there a HP fan?

Re: Harry Potter

Uh oh

I also enjoy Harry Potter, the books and the movies. I cant wait for the next movie this summer! big_smile

I know!  I am excited for it as well.  It's funny, too, the movies got me interested in the books.  Lately, the movies have been close to the books so that makes me happy as I'm a book worm.  BTK, why the UH OH? Tell me you still love me sad

Of course I still loves ya GARDEN you silly lil thing! smile Just Harry Potter, not really my thing. I was always the LOTR girl big_smile

I try not to put it like that.
You either like Star Trek or Star Wars
Democrat or Republican
Harry Potter and LOTR I feel are different 100%  I, of course, LOVE Lord of the Rings.  The books are absolutely fantastic and the movies, the extended cuts, kick ass, too.  Harry Potter is a nice throw back because there isn't as much involved with watching them and it brings out the child inside of me.  Plus, it's a rare thing I have in common with my mother (who hates the music and movies i watch)

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against HP, hell I have the first book (not through my choice) but as a gift, I tried to read it and could never get into it. On the other side I love Rowling for the simple fact she got reading back as a hot topic, respect to the woman! smile You don't hate me now d'ya? sad

I would never ever hate anyone, especially you, on a difference of opinion.  We're all entitled to it.  At least you tried.  I hate the people who don't like HP and they never read the books or saw the movies.  Can't judge what you don't know.  You're like me, though.  I read the first book when it originally came out a few years before the movie.  I hated it, so much, I threw it away.  Then I saw the movie with me mum and loved it so much, I got all the books and now love it.

In that case Garden smile don't get me started on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Friends. I hated these shows originally and now? big_smile I'm world champion on all things Buffy & Friends!! It's actually quite strange how I got the HP book though..

Holy Mother Fucking Shit, you're a friends fan?  My fiancee and I watch a disc a night before we go to bed, like we put it in then go to bed.  I literally have seen every episode over 15 times.  I loves that show sooooooo much. 

Never ever ever ever ever watched Buffy.  I wouldn't be objected to seeing it one day, but I'm not jumping over hurdles to see it

Friends fan? One of the biggest!! big_smile I want the entire series on boxset but @ the mo would have to pay £80, cannot wait to get it properly! Have them all on video tho, so they keep me company smile
Who's ya fave characters on the show?

<is it me or are we going slightly off topic? lol>

This is my thread it can go in whatever direction I want it to, Friends is the way to be big_smile
Alright, my missy and I had the individual seasons on DVD but I bought her the boxset because the boxes on the individual ones were getting not damaged, but you can tell they were being used a lot, heh.  We got the boxset for about $150 (that's dollars for us in the states, heh).  So we watch those for now.  I hope to upgrade to Blu Ray one day and I can only hope Friends will have a proper Blu Ray release. 

My fave character....well my relationship with my missy is EXACTLY like Monica and Chandler, only I'm the one who loves to clean (she's hyper organized though).  My personal favorite is Phoebe because her life is just like mine, you can't stick a definitionon it, I don't fit in with any one class of people, yet a lot of people from everywhere love me and I love them. 

BTK, who is your fave character(s)?:)

Chandler I mean he is funny as hell but when things get tough he turns on the head and becomes so real, tender it hurts. Moments like when he proposes to Monica (2nd time!) and they find out him and Monica could never naturally conceive a child are such heart-rendering scenes. I cry everytime I see them.
&
Phoebe!! She is eclectic, weird ie alot of what I am and therefore I am able to define with her the most. Also I love her kooky ideas she is one smart cookie underneath all of the insaneness!

big_smile I love this thread!

The misses and I have our moments where we shed tears, that's right boys, I'm not afraid to cry....Whenever babies are born because we were there when our nephews were born and can't wait to have kids, when chandler proposes (the right way), when the Thanksgiving that goes wrong turns into the best one when Monica gets word she is adopting a child, when they are told they can't have kids, the last couple episodes (specifically when Rachel got off the plane, when chandler and joey say goodbye and when they put their keys on the table).  Just typing that bringing back those memories gets me a bit misty.  God I'm a wuss, at least I watch them with my Fiancee so no one can judge me tongue

This thread does rule, I'm officially naming it the ANYTHING GOES thread because I say so

Yippee!! big_smile

I would say I get a lil weepy but in my case under exaggeration much! lol I cry at just about anything tear inducing. All the scenes you just mentioned get me going esp the final ep, damn I was holding back the tears on that one! But Friends how I miss it. Have you heard the rumours they plan to do a reunion special Garden?

No, I have heard rumours that they are doing a movie, like Sex and the City.  I would be down for either of them just because I want more!!!!  So tell me more of these rumours?

I've heard of the movie rumour too but what I heard was sometime this yr on a specific holiday I think something like next thanksgiving they are doing 4 special episodes so you can see where the characters now are in life & according to reports I have found all the cast seemed to have signed on for the idea. Anything friends related as got my nod so damn I hope this is true!! As you can see I love my friends too much,.

Will be back ltr to debate more Garden mate. Sleep for me now smile, t/c of yourself. big_smile x

You too, love.  I have no life so I'll be online probably until 6am (it's 1230 am over here now) then wake up around 11am and be on all day.  Being unemployed SUCKS, but I get to hang out with you kool kids cool

Nightynight, this thread will be open all the time so just drop something new on and I'll be sure to comment

Really quick, I just told my misses (Colleen) about that Friends rumour and her eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas.  You seriously just made her so happy, my job is done, hehe

More like Harry Twatter.  tongue

Tee hee...

Seriously, can't stand the books or the movies.

Oh, Tim!!!!  At least you're honest.  That's all I can ask for.  Well just because you don't like Harry Pothead, I still like ya

I'm with TiM, I HATE Harry Potter. I've read the first book and hated it, then I tried to watch the movie and I just ended up laughing my ass off.

I agree the first two films/books are very childish, but (and especially)once the 4th one comes around, much more adult.  4 has my favorite scene when Robert Pattison dies (Twilight kid).  He had a noble death.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Really quick, I just told my misses (Colleen) about that Friends rumour and her eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas.  You seriously just made her so happy, my job is done, hehe

Glad I could make someone's day smile

i liked harry potter when it first came out.. not gonna lie.. but i was also in 6th grade and it was for people my age... even at the time my reading level was way above these books... but now, i cant stand to try and read them just because i get bored from both non-interest and non-chalenge. iv been reading like Mark Twain and Jules Verne since like the 7th grade and i love their works. i have a thing for classic novels... and jst as a side note. i had a college reading level by the time i was in 8th grade... so english class bored me and likeing to read was never a problem for me.

dont like harry potter no more.. books nor movies... jst annoies me. its more teeny-bopper bullshit that i just get mad at.