Topic: Non-Horror Movie Reviews

It came to me the other day that I love writing reviews for this site.  Now, please sound off if you don't like the idea, but shouldn't we have a spot for mainstream movie reviews?  Not really mainstream as a whole (no Titanic or Superbad) but stuff like action or sci fi.  We have great movies like Blade Runner or Star Wars that WE horror fans are also big fans of, too.  I noticed Meh did a review of Punisher: War Zone which falls into that hyperviolent category which is a sister of horror, but what about the other ones?  Feedback please

Re: Non-Horror Movie Reviews

hmm its a tough call it REALLY doesnt fit our site. Punisher Warzone is close enough to let slide but let me think on it... i am sure i can come up with a solution. You could submit the reviews to MoviesOnline.ca our sister site?

There is already a site where you can do that.
It's called MoviesOnline
It's a great site and it's got a funkadelic new forum big_smile
Pop on over and have a browse.
Join the forum, the mods there are super funky big_smile

Damn, Meh beat me to pimpin for MOline lol:lol:
At least I got the link in big_smile

I may check it out, but I watch more horror movies than anything else, so I wouldn't be able to contribute 1/12th as much as I do here.  I just thought it would be a nice idea.  Like, maybe I'll just start a thread in the Mainstream Movies section instead of official reviews.  Thinking about it now, someone who isn't a true horror fan would then get more Toe Tags than a real horror fan.  So that wouldn't be cool. 
BTK, American Beauty...no.  Shawshank yes only because it's Stephen King and supernatural.  Usually, half of the people I have asked have given that as their favorite movie...Like you! 

I'll just say make a thread in General Chit Chat or Mainstream Movies and write the review there

umm yeah, but if someone isn't a true horror fan, why should a site built for horror fans pander to them?

And also, Shawshank doesn't have any supernatural elements to it.

review it at Movies online wink

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

umm yeah, but if someone isn't a true horror fan, why should a site built for horror fans pander to them?

And also, Shawshank doesn't have any supernatural elements to it.

Morgan Freeman is in it and he's supernatural because he just can't die (car accident)

That's just stupid. Stop failing at life.

Moviesonline.ca isn't half as cool as hm.ca but I like it, looks like there are more than 2 Twilight fans there, though.....I CAN ONLY HANDLE 2

BTK, EBK is just jealous that he's not as cool as you or I.  And he does make a rather good point.  This site is for horror fans only.  My idea for other reviews was me, a horror fan, who likes other movies.  But Moviesonline.ca will be a good outlet for that.

If people are looking for non-horror reviews, they're not going to come to a horror site looking for them and if you start trying to make rules for what type of mainstream movies are acceptable to review and what type aren't acceptable then it's going to get messy. 

Also, no offense to anyone, but I wouldn't even read a review for something like Shawshank because I've seen it, own it and have long since formed my own opinion about it.  I read reviews to decide if a film is worth watching (or how much effort I'll put into finding it and how quickly) and not just to see what someone else thought of it.  That's just me, of course.  smile

That's a fair point JACKAL and thanks for the reason why. My problem isn't horror movies but I am actually running out of films sad my town being as meagre as it is means I cannot get half the horror films I so sorely would love to have hmm it's a shame really.

Yeah I would just keep non-horror reviews to the other site.  We can discuss how super cool they are in the mainstream movies threads but full reviews I don't think so.  It is horror-movies.ca.

:PI'm already addicted to moviesonline.ca tongue

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

:PI'm already addicted to moviesonline.ca tongue

They come for the reviews but they stay because we take their families hostage big_smile:D

Imagine how much extra work for Meh and the guys if we did most movies. I know that some are borderline, if that is the case ask Meh if it fits into the criteria of HM.

who does Movie Online belong to?

The Corleones...:lol: