Topic: For The Love Of God Stop The Remakes!!!!!

apparently  the remakers of the nightmare on elm street series must be working with the staff of the new ghostbusters movie  i think freddy and stay  puff marshmellow man   are the same actor!!!!   please stop your ruining  excellent movie titles!!!!!!    michael myers and jason wear masks     freddy WILL always be ROBERT ENGLUND      PLEASE   STOP THIS ABOMINATION!!!

AND BY THEY WAy the other  remakes   SUCK  AS WELL....'

I GUESS GOOD HORROR FLICKS ARE A THING OF THE PAST

Re: For The Love Of God Stop The Remakes!!!!!

dude you need to chill out. While I have reservations about nightmare on elm st. without robert englund i'm going to keep an open mind about it until i see it. I'm looking forward to ghostbusters 3 it sounds like a interesting premise. Dude not all remakes suck as i really enjoyed the remakes of my bloody valentine, mirrors and last house on the left. Good horror flicks are not a thing of the past it just depends on where you look for them. It seems to me that just because of the remake trend by hollywood you think that the horror genre is dead but that is just a bunch of crap. I agree that "hollywood horror" isn't the best but a lot of indy horror and horror from the smaller studios are pretty damn good. I just watched splinter and was very impressed. I got to work on getting through both autopsy and the broken which both look pretty promising. So just calm down the horror genre isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

wonderious first post bitching about everything that we have been talking about for the last like 3 years iv been on this site. remakes are not a new concept and i hate seeing one of my favorite films remade... but shit happens and there isnt much you can do about it. give it a chance and see if its any good, cuz some of them are fairly decent... and the rest are in fact shit

Get used to them, they aren't going any where anytime soon.

For The Love Of God Stop The Remake Threads!!!! tongue
but seriously there seems to be a new "hate the remake" thread every couple of days.

ya forreal hybrid..... and most of it is from the noobs..... its really annoying

*said in slurred monotone..."Must watch more re...makes..."

My Bloody Valentine was fun. I am looking forward to The Dunwich Horror and Motel Hell wink

lol that's it I'm gonna start a tally and see how many remake threads come through the board, lol yes I have no life smile

I Want Orignal Ideas   Maybee We Should Think About Remaking The Wizzard Of Oz.........  I Am Open To New Ideas   And I Am A Very Big Horror Fan  Trust Me I Know!!!   Heres An Idea   For  A Remake.......  Lets Redo Christine.....  But Instead Of A 1958 Plymouth     Lets Use A      *#*$  Honda Civic!!!!!!!!   Or Better Yet A Smart Car!!!!!   Or Maybee  A Mini Cooper..........   Give Me A Break.............    Stop  Disgracing Legends!!!!!!!!

I Love It.... When People.... Capitalize..... Every Word.... In Their Sentences!!!! And Instead Of Periods..... They Use Ellipses.... And Exclamation Marks!!!!

gtomike wrote:

I Want Orignal Ideas   Maybee We Should Think About Remaking The Wizzard Of Oz.........  I Am Open To New Ideas   And I Am A Very Big Horror Fan  Trust Me I Know!!!   Heres An Idea   For  A Remake.......  Lets Redo Christine.....  But Instead Of A 1958 Plymouth     Lets Use A      *#*$  Honda Civic!!!!!!!!   Or Better Yet A Smart Car!!!!!   Or Maybee  A Mini Cooper..........   Give Me A Break.............    Stop  Disgracing Legends!!!!!!!!

Omg, we were just talking about remaking the Wizard Of Oz...Dorothy as a zombie, Toto a werewolf, robotic killer flying monkeys.....

thedeadshallrule wrote:
gtomike wrote:

Omg, we were just talking about remaking the Wizard Of Oz...Dorothy as a zombie, Toto a werewolf, robotic killer flying monkeys.....

There's a remake I could get into.

http://a313.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/100/l_c4e23310330ea3c709c3ba137aa03068.jpg

very true. sounds like fun

well i give up........... i'm glad everyone is happy with whats going on here........ well i aint........what ever poke your  fun........   horror movies aint life  just a hobby.. one i use to love.... i guess it aint worth talking about because  no one can see where i'm comming from!!!!   have fun watching watered  down versions of excellent movies.... and enjoy ....     
PS>>>>>    BUSH WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!

I am not poking fun gtomike it is your point of view which I respect, but you cannot change the projective of something like hollywood we will moan par for course but without OTT and also to your remark that good horror flicks are a thing of the past there have been some wonderful movies of late.
Case in point: Splinter, The Girl Next Door, Let the Right One In etc don't down horror entirely there is freshness still out there if you are willing to look.

Remakes are a sore subject but don't take too much to heart. It is nice to meet you as well as a final thought lol, I think too much! smile

gtomike wrote:

Maybee We Should Think About Remaking The Wizzard Of Oz.........

They did remake that, it was called Tin Man and it was on scifi.  It was like 3 hours long and stupid but it had Zooey Deschanel in it so I enjoyed it.

As far as the remakes....I can understand your outrage but it really does no good to go ape shit in a forum.  What you really outta be doing is emailing hollywood, calling up execs, and starting protest sites or petitions that you could SHOW these people how we fans feel about it.  They won't do anything so long as big money keeps rolling in.  Would you?

I'm just as appalled as the next person for the Nightmare remake and especially the Hellraiser remake.  I myself find these sacred but there are plus sides to them....first off some of the benefits (i.e. my bloody valentine) is we get a brand new all polished up and filled with extra features DVD of the original.  That in and of itselt makes it worth it.  Secondly....we have a new breed of dumbass horror teens coming into the scene and getting these titles into their brains is a great thing because A. they learn thru the grapevine that they are a remake, B. they search out the original and find out it kicks so much more ass than the remake and C. we have better informed horror fans to help fight the good fight smile  Finally, I would like to add that sometimes I get sick of watching some of those movies over and over again so a fresh persective on the project could really help me to appreciate what I have.  And who knows they could be such a success they might spawn some kick ass original sequels.  (like maybe H2 will be totally different now that its continuing Zombie's remake)

But what it really comes down to is this....we're hardcore deadite horror fans.  We know what we like and we love them.  When a remake comes down the tubes you bet we're the first ones to know about it.  If something is so sacred to you that the thought of a remake appalls you....JUST. DON'T. WATCH IT.

....or Jason will kill you.

They better not mess with the Sta-puff marshmallow man, that's all I know. mad

gabs1515 wrote:
gtomike wrote:

Maybee We Should Think About Remaking The Wizzard Of Oz.........

They did remake that, it was called Tin Man and it was on scifi.  It was like 3 hours long and stupid but it had Zooey Deschanel in it so I enjoyed it.

don't forget 1978's remake "The Wiz". big_smile

LOL. no worries gtomike, a lot of us are similarly minded when it comes to remakes - I posted this earlier today in the Horror Remakes: Stop Your Bitching!! thread:

"Personally, these experiences have led me to believe that most remakes are crap, plain and simple. Yes there are certainly exceptions. Not a Platinum Dunes release among them, sorry.

To tell readers to tritely "stop your bitching" I think you're missing the point. You cannot appreciate any art without critical analysis, and when companies like Platinum Dunes come along and continually force watered down reinterpretations of the "classics", one can't help but be wrathful. Anyone out there who truly believes that PD has brought anything inventive into their remakes really needs to revisit the originals.
I'll give any of them a chance, but patterns of behavior are extremely hard to ignore LOL.
If you really know and love your horror you'll always bitch when it's shallow, frivolous, poorly conceived, or just done for the dollars."

I'm all for remakes if they add something to the original or truly improve on the ideas presented, but these instances are few and far between. I actually look forward to a couple on the horizon: Piranha, Night Of The Demons & Hellraiser to name a few. Hollywood's bound to get some right eventually LOL

I will say this constantly, remakes are a good thing because most of the time, remakes are of lesser known films and because of the remake, we get proper DVD releases.  Instead of bitching about it, we should take that proper DVD release and educate the uneducated.  My sister, IE, wanted to see the MBV remake and I said, "here, come over and watch this".  She saw the remake and said it was NOTHING compared to the original, and I was proud.  So bitching makes you no better than everyone else complaining.  It gets no one anywhere.  Finding the positives in a situation will make it better

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 18:57:31)

on the topic of what you said "there is no good new horror out there" maybe holywood isnt putting out any good shit... but there have been alot of good films within the last few years that were amazing. 30 days of night was awesome and Sweeny Todd, now i dont ever go to movie theatres and i dont usually rent movies, so i pretty much buy movies just because of what my friends on here tell me about movies.

I am enjoying quite a few of the remakes coming out.  I am looking forward to the NOES one but i can't saty the same about the re-working of Pinhead and Hellraiser.  I mean c'mon people, if it weren't for re-makes there would be no John Carpenter's THE THING which has become a classic.  I'm sure a few of the newer ones will be like that 20-30 years from now.

I understand that remakes from Hollywood feel like they are crankn em out and throw em at us just for the money. But there are some gems in there. What doesn't interest me, I won't watch OR I will wait to read the reviews on here. I put alot of faith in reviews from the awesome people of this site. They help me decide what I want to watch and they Sway my opinion at times. I find new and interesting movies for instance "May" I would NEVER have found that one if not for reviews on here. Maybe my open mind might tick some off. But that is just how I am wink