Topic: Horror Comics

I used to collect Spider Man comics, but lost them due to some unknown reasons.  I was looking to get back into collecting comics, except this time, make it horror.  What are some good horror comics?

Re: Horror Comics

Tim,

The Deadworld series that came out from Calibre Press written by Vincent Locke were always the best in horror comics in my opinion and are well worth picking up as reprints if you can get them. Story is tough and uncompromising and, considering it was written before a lot of the more modern stuff, was ground breaking when it first came out and is still great now.

Derek

Tim run don't walk and order all the Preacher series from your local comic book store.
these are called graphic novels, they may be in a different section, individual comics compressed into one book, real nice.
same goes for the Walking Dead series, my favorite!!!
Enjoy Tim its waaay too much fun:)

Try the original Faust: Love of the Damned series.

Comics... are one third of my life.  I am a huge comics fan.  In the way of horror comics I say pick up Preacher, Hellboy, Hellblazer, Swamp Thing, The Sandman, Lucifer, and 30 Days of Night.  Collect them all... I promise you nothing but brilliance.

Thank you all for your help.  I am definately gonna look into every comic mentioned.  Trust me, you have my word.

I just went by my local comic store, before I read this feedback unfortunately, and picked up a couple back issues of Hack/Slash for REALLY cheap.  Like... yeah, cheap.

Another quick question revolving comics:  Anyone know of any good online sites to purchase them?

Zenescope has some of the best comic books around.  Go to zenescope.com.  they are having a dollar blowout thing.  My favorite series is Final Destination.  only three of 5 have been made thus far, four is due out any time.  The graphic novel is slated to be released before june.  Also, the Grimm Fairy tales seem to be really popular and have a really twisted story to them (Much worse than what the Grimm Brothers wrote).  So check those out.  I have been in touch with Mike Kalvoda (writer of the final destination comics) and he has given me some interesting "inside" information.  Sadly, i can't indulge any further on that.  But be assured, you won't be disappointed.  Also, from another company there is the Walking Dead (good series), but you will have to get them in graphic novel soft cover.  the first five in the set are hard to come by if you attempt to get the basic comics.  You can also get ZOMBIES.  There are two series in that.  Zombies Eclipse of the undead and Zombies Feast.  they are put out by IDW.  You can go to the site and get those.  They are sets of 5.  Zombies Feast was the first series.  Another interesting comic series is by avatar called Blackgas.  take a look at those.  And another good series is Zombie by Max Comcis.  Max comics is a subsidary of Marvel.

Zenescope (Zenescope.com):  Grimm Fairy Tales, Final Destination, Se7ven
Image (Imagecomics.com):  The Walking Dead
IDW (IDWpublishing.com):  Zombies Feast, Zombies Eclipse of the Undead
Avatar (Avatarpress.com):  Blackgas
Max (http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?book_id=6165): ZoMbIe

Hope that helps