Topic: Religulous- a movie everyone should see

so i watched this movie for the first time today, and wow. Bill Maher is a comedian who made this documentary questiong the worlds major religions. it really funny with alot of the facts that he points out, and people just dont have any comebacks too. i was laughing my ass off through the whole thing, but it also blew my mind. its an amzingly controversial film, but i think its one that EVERYONE should see. anyone else seen it? if so whats your opinion about it?

Re: Religulous- a movie everyone should see

fucking loved it. Maher is fantastic, and the film is both funny and thought provoking. I agree that everyone should see this film, especially the zealots LOL. I love his wrap up at the end. The deleted scenes with the guy in Amsterdam with a Church dedicated to cannabis was pretty funny as well (yeah, Bill partakes smile )

i think tghe wrap up at the end is the most important part of the entire film.

I REALLY want to see it.  I love just about everything Bill Maher.  Even my dad (who is a little right winged) likes him.

i totally agree. Religulous was very intelligent and informing... great documentary.

I'll skip this one, I've strongly disliked Bill Maher ever since he made the "Slave States" comment. I wished I knew his address, then I could send him a History Book smile

I liked the movie alot and I'm not the biggest Maher fan, he's okay sometimes, but he can be a bit of a smug douchebag.  But then again I've been an atheist for most of my life, so he was just preaching to the choir.

what exaclty was that comment Suspiria?

deathgate666 wrote:

On the tonight show he said "Congratulations to John Mccain for winning the Slave States during the election" Meaning that he won Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina and almost every other State in the south. But Barack Obama won almost every state in the North. So that comment just doesn't make much sense to me since the North had double the amount of slaves that the south had. He needs to read a history book.

well i think it was more that the south were the sates that didnt want to give up slavery, when the north already had. hes talking about the states from the Civil war that rebelled against the north

I see your point, but it's also a fact that much of the North was very upset when Slavery was outlawed. So it's not fair to pin it all on the south.

very true. but back to the topic of the post... i would very much urge you to see the movie, its very well thought out, and a strong work in my opinion. and i would suggest, even with your dislike a Bill Maher to watch it, just for the reason that its an important documentary, and its more than just jokes

Suspiria_89 wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

On the tonight show he said "Congratulations to John Mccain for winning the Slave States during the election" Meaning that he won Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina and almost every other State in the south. But Barack Obama won almost every state in the North. So that comment just doesn't make much sense to me since the North had double the amount of slaves that the south had. He needs to read a history book.

I don't think it's possible that the North had double the amount of slaves, since the majority of the black population lived in the South.  After the American revolution most of the northern states abolished slavery since they thought that slavery was against the ideals of the Revolution,  so that was under British rule and had nothing to do with America.

Oh this is funny because I JUST watched this last night.  I love Bill Maher and laughed my ass off through the whole thing...but then I'm not religious so of course I thought it was funny.