Topic: Lionsgate to Release Monster Squad!

Not long ago Don May Jr. revealed on Dead Pit that Monster Squad would be hitting DVD this year. Well today Horror Hound got the inside scoop and discovered that Lionsgate will be the lucky company to bring us the film on DVD. Rejoice! I think this h...

Read More : Lionsgate to Release Monster Squad!

Re: Lionsgate to Release Monster Squad!

It's almost like Christmas with extras!

What is the huge deal about this film if I may ask?

Outside it seems to have never gotten released on DVD.

Wolfman's got nads!

Monster Squad is simply a classic. it's a very fun movie plus any movie that has children cursing is great

thegoldensimatar wrote:

What is the huge deal about this film if I may ask?

Outside it seems to have never gotten released on DVD.

Because Fred Dekker is a God among men.  He did both Monster Squad and Night of the Creeps and both of them are such great movies which need to be given their due for influencing others (especially Slither).

Simply put, it's a fun movie.  I can't wait to pick this up.  Same goes for "Night of the Creeps".

This is a great movie and I can't wait for it to come out and I can't wait for my daughter to see this..

This is a good one to show the children.  Even though I don't have any.  tongue

Hey yea.. this is a fun flick.. I'm not sure if the "newer" horror fans will like it though.. This is one of those movies that has that special nostalgic feel to it..

Now Night of the Creeps on the other hand is just a great movie. Both are just really fun 80's horror..

I remember watching this movie back when it first came out. I can't wait until it comes out so i can buy it the day it comes out so all my memories will come back and if anyone can tell me when and if this movie will ever see the light of day on DVD is the movie Matinee with John Goodman where it takes place during i think vietnam war and the movie producer comes to town to bring them a new age in movies where they show the sci-fi movie 'Mant' and they have the chairs rigged to shock people. I've been looking for this movie for so long. So if someone can help me out to let me know if this movie will ever be released onto DVD.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I remember watching this movie back when it first came out. I can't wait until it comes out so i can buy it the day it comes out so all my memories will come back and if anyone can tell me when and if this movie will ever see the light of day on DVD is the movie Matinee with John Goodman where it takes place during i think vietnam war and the movie producer comes to town to bring them a new age in movies where they show the sci-fi movie 'Mant' and they have the chairs rigged to shock people. I've been looking for this movie for so long. So if someone can help me out to let me know if this movie will ever be released onto DVD.

Matinee was released on dvd in July of '98. It's out of print now so you'll have to hit up ebay for a copy. I think I saw one on there for 20 bucks.

Out of print dvds can also be found on amazon.com too.  I found Matinee on there for you too BlackDeathDamian.

Yeah I remember watching Matinee years ago on TV and really liked it.

Yea Matinee takes alot from what William Castle use to do.. He really had them install little "stun" devices in seats during The Tingler and would have skeletons fly across the top of the theater.. He was definetly a great enertainer.. Way ahead of his time..