Topic: THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL reviewed

Ti West's The House of the Devil has been reviewed over at the Tribeca Film Festival. The film is reported to look good and to borrow liberally from movies like Rosemary's Baby and To The Devil a Daughter. Some good performances from Mary Woronov and Tom Noonan are noted. They are among the weird inhabitants of the spooky house. The review stated they were like a mix of the Castevets and the Leatherface clan. Like a haunted house/devil worship film should, it has some scary scenes, but they report the film as being rather boring due to the lead, Samantha,  who is a rather unremarkable and uninteresting young woman playing the lead victim. The slow pace designed to build atmosphere just doesn't work due to a character that is boring and brings yawns instead. Oh well, I was looking for a review and I guess I got one.

Re: THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL reviewed

First I've heard of it, sounds interesting, I'm always game for devilish detours, even in spite of poor reviews.
I'm also just happy to hear Mary Woronov is getting some work again LOL
(thanks to Rob Zombie for dusting off her cobwebs)

Me love Mary from such classics as Eating Raoul and TerrorVision Coolest of Cool.:cool:

Eating Raoul was a fun flick!