Topic: Star Trek (2009) predictions

I'll admit it, I'm a trekker.  That's right, not a trekkie to you non-trek fans, a trekker.  Proud to say it to.  I adore all the films and the majority of episodes from all the series.  So with that being said, I thought I'd start a thread about what I think this "new" trek is all about.

I could go on to bash it before I see it, but that would probably be a mistake.  Based off what I've seen in the trailer there's already a few things I don't like but I'll leave an open mind.  Hell, I've already bought tickets online to see it right after work on friday.

I predict a very fast paced action movie.  This will appeal to a wide audience as a flashy and explosive film that anyone and everyone could enjoy.

I predict that the focus on characters will be more on Kirk and Spock and the rest will seem to dissolve in the background.  The rest will exist more or less to appeal to fans or to move the plot along.

I predict to be blown away the first time I watch it but grow to hate it more and more after I own it on dvd.

I predict that no care will be taken into consideration in accordance with true trek timeline.  It may be nice as a "what if" but I'm sure I'll spot the inconsistencies all over the place.

I predict that it will do better opening weekend than wolverine did.  The trailer has enough power to draw in the average movie goer and the name has enough power to bring in the die hard fans.

Lastly, I predict to be let down.  After its all over I'm sure I'll be bitching about it for awhile.  I have no high hopes for it but I do know that I will at the least be entertained for 2 hours.  Just from what I've seen I can just feel it that it won't meet any expectations that I could give it.

That being said...we all know there's only one Captain James T. Kirk.

Re: Star Trek (2009) predictions

I am a fan of TOS I have all 3 seasons on DVD but not really a big fan of the other TV series that came after it and I will be seeing the film next week as well.

for the fans of the classic series here is a link to Star Trek TOS all episodes and all 3 seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=Zk2dX5DnW_c

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2009-05-05 12:05:47)

I try to avoid Star Trek as much as I can LOL.

I honestly know nothing about Star Trek, but I think the movie looks decent and would probably watch it.

Hope you're not too let down gabs.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2077/inspcontinuitypreviewpf8.jpg

It will suck.  Star Trek is LAME.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/geekspeak/archives/star%20trek%20fun.jpg

lol lol

I love all the star trek movies except for the last 1 or 2

im not a trekkie but i will be seeing it... i enjoy the trek films. I think its gonna make a KILLING.  here is a really good review of the film 10/10 stars http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_review … p?id=13019

I liked TNG better than the original though I was always admired the character of Captain Kirk -- plus I think William Shatner's a flat-out pisser, love that guy.  As for the Star Trek movies, I really dug parts 4 (with the whales) for its humor and 6 (with the Borg) because it was almost like watching a futuristic zombie movie.

I'll probably check out the new ST flick, but it'll likely be after it goes to DVD.  I might check it out in the theater if the reviews are positive enough.

I absolutely hate the show, but the movies my friend just made me watch some and they are really good.  I look forward to the movie because it doesn't look cheesy and has good graphics, something the show lacks.

I will predict that even though I have never seen a Strek Trek movie and probably not even an episode of the show, that I will still see this.  Why?   JJ Abrams.   Nuff said

I might see it only because I think they are trying to stray FAR away from the idea that Star Trek is just for geeks.. I am going to go WAY out on a limb and just guess that this is going to flop.. Just a guess but I think people will be put off because of the "geek" stigma that the title has..