Topic: JJ Abrams Star Trek Thoughts

Anyone go see it? any thoughts? Warning this thread could contain spoilers for those who might care smile

I thought the movie was 'ok'. chris Pine was good as was Zachary Quinto as spock. The damn LENS FLARES in the movie though just about drove me to drink.

see it? like it? hate it?

Re: JJ Abrams Star Trek Thoughts

Opps i already mentioned it in another thread but i will edit it out after this

I just now got back from it and i liked it a lot. I went into it skeptical. The time line was off from the background story we trekers know about and leaves you saying WTF? but the movie then explains everything well, ties up the loose ends so to speak and it all comes together. I liked it better than wolverine.

That chick. whats her face, I can not stand, played spocks mom. I felt they should have chosen someone else for that role. She was not convincing at all.

Another thing i liked is they kept some of the cheezy sound efffects from the old tv series. Those old cheezy blurps and beeps. You noitice it right in the first minute or 2 of the movie

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-05-10 15:38:24)

the cheesy audio was done well. they integrated it so it really made sense for sure!

Ya. right into the movie in the opening scene was the crazy blurps and stuff. I loved it

Star trek is #1 box office hit

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ … index.html

I'm going to swear here because it's the ONLY way to describe this "would be" virgin fest. 

FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE.  I HHHHHHATEEE the series and only like a handful of the movies, not even to the point where I'd buy them...this movie is over the top awesome.

Yes it was well made. in all the movies series i liked only:

Star trek 1
search for spock
final frontier
generations

and this one the thread is about

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-05-10 21:00:36)

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Yes it was well made. in all the movies series i liked only:

Star trek 1
search for spock
final frontier
generations

and this one the thread is about

I only liked The Undiscovered Country, First Contact and Nemesis. tongue

Looking forward to the new one, as long as it's not an action flick being passed off as Star Trek.

I think I'll just stick to horror LOL

My wife, who is normally stoic, and NOT a Star Trek fan was bawling within the first ten minutes.  Powerful stuff.

The new movie doesn't really stand up to repeated viewing.