Topic: Wolverine Movie thoughts

Who all went  to see Wolverine? I did and thought it was ok. It wasnt as dark or gritty as I wanted but still was an ok film. the cgi sucked but at least it wasnt as bad as the FX in Ghost Rider.

Re: Wolverine Movie thoughts

I saw it and the story seemed too rushed and made the acting look bad at parts. I thought it was obvious they cut a lot out on the final cut. Some scenes did not flow together well

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-05-10 15:35:22)

I have zero intrest in seeing this movie.

Deathpool wears full body spandex, ryan reynolds is almost naked, that's fucked up

Yeah the Ryan Reynolds parts were messed up but I liked the rest of the movie.

I do not remember seeing anyone in tights or almost naked

The final fight with Weapon XI, Creed and Wolvie.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Deathpool wears full body spandex, ryan reynolds is almost naked, that's fucked up

OK, now I know that I'm never going to see it.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2009-05-10 21:30:08)

Just saw it today, I thought it was good, but not great. Wolverine's past life and all the Weapon X stuff is just too much for only one movie, they really should have done it like Lord of the Rings and shot 2 or 3 movies at the same time and released it as a series. I think that's why the pacing felt rushed and why they had to change a bunch of stuff from the comics and why the other Weapon X agents are hardly in the movie. I guess I wanted it to be more faithful to the original story. It was pretty cool that they got Ryan Reynolds to play Wade Wilson though, he's actually a perfect choice for the Deadpool character. It sucks he was only in a couple scenes at the beginning. I'm kinda curious what the upcoming Deadpool movie will be like.

I have no interest in seeing it but know a family member (who I actually care about!) who loves action and no plot. their birthday is not far off the mark so it'll still be in cinema's where I am, when their b'day is. Is it worth taking them to see it? Like I said they love Action, comic book films but they care little for plots.

Answers on a postcard lol j/k

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-05-13 23:43:11)

I liked it for the fact that lynn collins was in it, though she had brown hair and not red like in numb. They butchered deadpool so god damn bad. He's never been a mutant, he's never had retractable katanas, he's never been able to shoot lazer beams out of his eyes, he's never had an adamantium skeleton, he's always been able to talk, that's his thing so having no mouth was ridiculous. I consider deadpool to never have been in the movie. Just wade wilson which was oddly enough played perfectly by the man who tends to play the exact same person in every movie he's been in having the emotional range of a peanut.  And then some retarded new cluster f*ck of a mutant that has never existed in the comic world. But no deadpool. Which is the only reason I went to see wolverine, because I thought wade wilson was going to turn into deadpool, not some dumb ass mutated super weapon. So happy there will be a deadpool spin off, just hope they put time and effort into it since deadpool is just about the only comic character I truly care about.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.  Sure, they changed things from the comic and left a few gaps, but the casting was great.

i already watched the leaked version prior then my buddy took me to see the finished legal product in theatres. It was entertaining but its not something id add to my superhero dvd collection.

Aside from the crappy origin storyline (i prefer Logan to be mysterious its the main part of who he is and his cigar ..:lol:..).  I was disappointed with the whole, 2 secret endings bit. I got the short end of the stick and saw the Logan in Japan scene. While my friends dad got the secret ending with deadpool looking for his head (way sweeter). I definitely agree with the movie being too rushed. Then again Marvel does tend to shit out its movies(theres a couple sweet ones but their the most recent  aside from Blade), while DC actually takes the time to perfect theres *(Watchmen, Dark Knight, Superman).