Topic: The Hills Have Eyes 2

Hi,

Yesterday - I had the chance to watch "The Hills Have Eyes 2" from 1985, and I was just wondering is this going to be the same script on the new "The Hills Have Eyes 2" which is going to be released in March?  Cos it sucked big time I almost fell asleep watching it. So can anyone update me with the info ??? cos I'm planning or was planning to go and if it will be the same I'm not going.

Best,
Michael

Re: The Hills Have Eyes 2

From what I've read and heard it is a completely new script that Wes Craven and his son are scripting. Although I liked the original more than the remake I agree that the sequel was a piece of crap. I know that Craven wasn't happy with the first sequel so lets hope this one is better.

Last edited by skfan (2007-02-17 23:09:33)

So Craven didn't like "The Hills Have Eyes Remake"? is that what you are saying? I wonder what is "good" to him. Cos I thought the first part was not half bad, but when I watched part 2 from 1985 and I thought to myself if they did a remake of this shit, I would and will be very disappointed cos I am very eager to see that movie.

What do you mean Wes Craven wasn't happy with the remake?  He served as a producer.  Last I heard, he was very happy with it.  I still don't know why they are giving Wes another shot at writing a sequel.

Agree with TiM, all reports I have heard is that Craven was very happy with Aja's remake.  He even did a commentary track on it and writing the sequel.

Well, from what I heard from various interview with Craven and others...he apparently only did it because he needed the money.

Holy shit I must of been hung over still I meant to say that he wasn't happy with the first sequel 1985 not the remake........sorry guys

LOL, its all good.

Yup, yup.  It's all good.

He only wrote the upcoming sequel because he needed the money?  Chances are it will turn out like shit.

Heh No he wrote the 1985 sequel because he needed the money... Heh you guys need to speak more clearly! heh..

That plan sure failed.

I watched the original Hill Have Eyes..snooz fest. but I thought the remake was awsome, I'm hoping Hills Have Eyes 2 is gonna be kick ass

MindFuk wrote:

I watched the original Hill Have Eyes..snooz fest. but I thought the remake was awsome, I'm hoping Hills Have Eyes 2 is gonna be kick ass

Sorry to break it to you but you are wrong!

lol ouch, why am I wrong?

LOL....... Because Wes Craven is a God and the original was classic. but hey you are allowed to have your own opinion even if its wrong

the hills have eyes was a great film, the remake even better, i cant wait for the hills have eyes 2, its a sequel ive hoped for since the remake, altho most sequels are disappointing i think wes  craven can pull it off

The remake to Hills Have Eyes is not better than the original. The remake left scenes out that was in the original and the original is a complete classic.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

The remake to Hills Have Eyes is not better than the original. The remake left scenes out that was in the original and the original is a complete classic.

Thank you!

the remake also puts extra scenes in which made a better movie

The remake was good but the remake will never ever compare to the original. It's like comparing the original version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the remake to it. The remake was good but the original will and always will be a cult classic. It doesn't matter the stuff they added but it's not the original. Nothing wil ever compare to the original.

why does the original always have to be best? just bcoz its the original? most of the time you are right the original is better but this isnt always the case in my eyes, the remake  of the hills have eyes  was a bit  better  horror film