Topic: underground metal

iv been listening to alota underground metal recently, and i personally think that alot of it is better then mainstreem music. now iv got nothin agains bands like Megadeth, Mudvayne, Slipknot and any others that almost everyone knows, but bands like God Dethroned, Diecast, Suffocation, and Kilgore, that arnt very well known, are better because they dont hav the producers tellin em things about their music. they keep it real, and are just plain bad ass. does anyone else agree with me?

Re: underground metal

I'm not a big "metal head", but I do agree with you.  Underground music is ALWAYS better than mainstream music.

Well, the bands you mentioned aren't well know in some circles. But probably every single true metalhead knows them. Personally, I only like Suffocation (from the bands you mentioned). I'm more of a black metal kinda guy but death metal comes in fourth place (after thrash and classic heavy metal).

Have you heard Ghoul? If so, what are your thoughts on them? They're the same guys from Impaled, just in case. They play horror death/thrash metal. If you haven't heard them, get Splatterthrash right now! And I mean, right now!

Well since you guys like all sorts of different types of metal groups. Well i have that's death metal which you should check out. The group is called Devourment. They kick so much ass. I met the lead vocalist who is also a tattoo artist.

Check out the bands website:
http://www.devourment.us/

I'll check those guys out.

Is there a concept death metal album? I think it would be great for a gore movie. smile

Kruz wrote:

Well, the bands you mentioned aren't well know in some circles. But probably every single true metalhead knows them. Personally, I only like Suffocation (from the bands you mentioned). I'm more of a black metal kinda guy but death metal comes in fourth place (after thrash and classic heavy metal).

Have you heard Ghoul? If so, what are your thoughts on them? They're the same guys from Impaled, just in case. They play horror death/thrash metal. If you haven't heard them, get Splatterthrash right now! And I mean, right now!

the bands that i mentioned were just a few that came to mind, and while they may be more well known than others, they still dont get radio time like mainstreem music, so their not as well known.
yes i have heard of Ghoul, they kick ass.

By watching horror movies, listening to metal and studying physics, I'm pretty much disconnected from the mainstream world and therefore ignore the mayority of it.