Topic: Scariest console game?

So, what get's your vote for scariest Console game ? I mean what Console game actually gotcha?

Silent Hill: Homecoming gets mine.. could be due to it being the freshest in my mind. Or the 6'7" monster of a man I call my best friend that damn near jumped into my lap while playing it.... Or having been to Centralia.. Love the series in general.

Re: Scariest console game?

Firstly it's nice to have you on the site Nocturnal smile, welcome.

Secondly I know this may just be me but despite the fact there have been a number of scary games that deserve mention only one still stands clear in my mind. The very first Resident Evil. The zombies, the dogs. Empty rooms, dark surroundings even years on it still retains a creepy edge and was incidently the first scary game that actually scared me. Years on it still stays fresh in my mind. That's all smile

Tetris....when you get to the higher levels, the music gets faster, scary as shit man

My favorite will always be Resident Evil.  When that dog came  through the window I almost went out of mine.  LOL

Then Silent Hill.  Yeesh.

More recently, Fatal Frame got me.  Great game but scary as shit.  When the chick comes at you screaming about her eyes....good lord. 

Good times.

I've not played a video game in ages. I used to have a ps2 a while back and when I did I played some game that freaked me out pretty good. It was either silent hill or resident evil, I really don't remember which. It was one of those popular psychotic games. I was walking through some mist and there were dead people walkin and little torsos crawling up to me and shit. You could feel/hear your characters heart beat. There was a building I went in and it was really dark but you could hear creatures or people in various rooms and hear footsteps behind you, I eventually had to turn on the light and quit playin. Plus I suck at console games.

Condemned Criminal origins!

Resident Evil 2 - Great game and it scares the shit out of me.

F.E.A.R. has some pretty good tense moments.  Too bad my computer can't handle it sad

I have got say dead space or tiger woods golf sometimes i think its fn with me.lol

The Suffering is pretty damn scary.

^^ the suffering was pretty creepy.
FEAR was very tense, very fast paced and the ending sequence scared the living daylights out of me... really great game.
im a HUGE fan of the RE games... the first is the best by far..
Silent Hill 2 is the scariest of those games iv played... freakin intense.
anyone play Clock Tower? that game still gives me the creeps... its PS 1 and your basicly being chased around by this guy with a giant pair os scissors. the premise dosnt sound too scarry... but trust me it is.

one more i want to add... Devil May Cry, the first one. its not very scarry... but its pretty rough at times

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

Tetris....when you get to the higher levels, the music gets faster, scary as shit man

lmao

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Firstly it's nice to have you on the site Nocturnal smile, welcome.

Much obliged!

Silent Hill is my fave then Resident Evil, I also really enjoyed Nightmare Creatures II wish they would make more like that, I liked ending up fighting on the Eiffel Tower and the music is awesome.

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2009-05-15 22:44:08)

I really want to get RE5 .. and i'm suprised no one mentioned Fatal Frame.. i thought it was pretty decent.

Doom 3 in pitch black with sounds turned up....love it smile

pac man aswell, them things coming after you....not nice...

Resident Evil 5 was a pretty cool game, but I really doubt that it's the scariest of all time.  We've all played Res Evil before, and if you haven't, then you probably won't.  The scarier ones were the early ones.

Fatal Frame. You don't get no gun, just the camera. And Broken Neck is still scary as shit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3jfnsbmc-Y[/youtube]

See? Makes grown men scream like girlymen..

i am glad someone mentioned DOOM 3 -

i stepped up to the plate... thinking... ohh yeah dooom... cant be scary...

but the atmosphere the game builds... is fukn awesome...

as said, must play with headphones on loud, and a dark room...

the first freak i encounted... seriously shocked me... smashed my knee on the desk and started screaming fuck lol
awesome game, might be dated now, like all the others....

need more zombie games!!! more!!! for ps3@!!!

Suspiria_89 wrote:

The Suffering is pretty damn scary.

I was going to put this one down. Sadly enough when I first got this game a while back I go so into it it was almost an obsession for a while. I literally had nightmares about the damn Slayers (I think that's what they were called) Walking down a dark hallway and all I could hear was clink clink clink. Stupid bastards.

F.E.A.R. screwed with my head because I would be playing it on my computer with headphones on in pitch black. I think the music got to me more than anything and the little jumps it had were kinda freaky.

Last edited by bottledtweaks (2009-05-19 19:38:52)

Nocturnal wrote:

I really want to get RE5 .. and i'm suprised no one mentioned Fatal Frame.. i thought it was pretty decent.

I totally mentioned Fatal Frame.  LOL 

And TDSR, I forgot about Nightmare Creatures.  I loved that game, too.

moviemaven wrote:
Nocturnal wrote:

I totally mentioned Fatal Frame.  LOL

yikes You did! Sorry Maven!! Didn't notice till now..

The first Resident Evil game.  After that it was more action.  Definately the Silent Hill series, except for the latest one.  But, I'm gonna have to go with Fatal Frame.

what about eternal darkness

daxter wrote:

what about eternal darkness

I've never played it .. looks like it's worth checking out though. Maybe i'll snag a copy off ebay . A buddy of mine has a gamecube and a Wii..

MacheteMassacre wrote:

The first Resident Evil game.  After that it was more action.  Definately the Silent Hill series, except for the latest one.  But, I'm gonna have to go with Fatal Frame.

Couldn't agree more!

I would like to add Dead Space and both Condemed 1 & 2 to the list.