Topic: New horror ideas and goings ons

I know of a fantastic author by the name of Brandon Massey who wrote a fantastic book called Dark Corner.

Its about vampires taking over a out of the way backwoods country town, with an all black cast.

This book is phenomenal.  It is scary, suspenseful and has many thrills.  It encompasses many vampiric themes and legends and some new.

If anyone on this forum has read this book or has any comments.

My biggest question is

What do you think or would you think about a horror movie with an all black cast??

Re: New horror ideas and goings ons

I don't care if the cast is all black, all pink, or all green - if its a good story then bring it on!

Just curious, havent really seen this in the horror genre since tales from the hood.  Good attempt but more political satire in that.

This book is phenomenal 

It is called Dark Corner by Brandon Massey

On a side note Tales from the hood was a great movie!

A serious all black cast would be awesome.

The book that you mentioned does sound fantastic.  Along with many others, I need to look into that one.  Back to your question: What would I think of an all black cast?  I think it would be awesome.

whats the differance-all black,all white,all brown, all red, all yellow, or all green, people are people actors are actors.

I'm not quite sure where this conversation is going but there have been many black people in horror films.

Perhaps if you look at other countries in Africa or the Carribean, you would find your all black cast.

If you want all Japanese, I suggest watching a Japanese film smile

Race is only relevant if it needed for the story.  Otherwise the character can be played by anyone who can act, regardless of colour.

I've never heard of this book but sounds interesting so I'm gonna check it out being I love vampires but to your question no I don't care that there black..matter of fact who do you think played Blade? its kool to see different races play a vampire..

Black cast is ok. As long as they cast a whole black cast because they're the best actors.

I haven't read the book.

Yeah, color should not matter.  If you can act, you can act.

I wasnt meaning race being the issue.  But seeing the  success of the Blade films and the fact that I know this book has been bought to have the go ahead for a film.

Sometimes the idea of  vampires taking over a small town can indeed be pulled off regardless of the race of the cast, like someone said good acting is good acting. 

But we have all seen it happen where an idea has been genre over to mainstream,  hence The grudge,

How many movies have been remade for american horror genre that began as Japanese horror.

Thanks for the plug on African and Carribean films and even some of those are  awesome.

I loved all the feedback and those  those that pick up the book and read it  venture back to this post  tell me their thoughts. 

Also another book that has been slated for film release is a book called My Soul to Keep  a supernatural thriller about a tribe of African Immortals.

It is written by Tananarive Due and there is a sequel

Well, probably most dumb kids need to see MTV people in their movies so they can relate and be scared. That's probably a reason of why original j-horror movies aren't as scary as the remakes, at least for the dumb MTV kids.

Hey man, thank you for the recommendation.  smile

I guess I should have thought of catchier title for this forum

Laugh

Probably.  tongue

any more thoughts or ideas on this

does anyone know of any other books out there

maybe mexican horror

Mexican?  Try "The Ruins" by Scott Smith...?

did you read that one Tim?? loved it:)

Seems like I must read The Ruins. I read a paragraph about the book and the story starts in my hometown!

Not yet.  I really want to.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers that movie "Snow White - A tale of terror" - I was thinking that someone should take a cartoon like they took Snow White and make it a horror but with much severe action, cos that movie wasn't really scary. I think someone should write a good ass script to freak us all out by one of the cartoons.

What do you think?

Well what did you think about Brother's Grimm??

Ha ha

Well, my dad has a book called, The Other.  Has nothing to do with the movie, The Others with Nicole Kidman.  I haven't read the book yet, but I am going to.  My dad says it is a creepy book, so I can't wait to read it.  And I don't know who the author is, but I'll try to find out.

Oh god, don't even remind me of "The Brother's Grimm".