Topic: creepy stuff ya find......

there is a "body farm" in Knoxville, Tennessee, founded in 1971 as part of the University of Tennessee. The farm is a 3- acre plot of land where human bodies are left to decay under varied conditions, there are about 40 rotting cadavers present at any time, ugh, this gives scientists a chance to study how the decay happens.
not the job I want.....

Re: creepy stuff ya find......

Well, at least its legal.

Anyone remember that guy with the creamtory whose furnace didn't work so he chucked hundreds of bodies into the woods in GA?

I guess I missed that.  tongue

I wouldn't want that job either.  Reminds me of "The Devil's Rejects".

Is there really a skelenton farm in India? Like the one refered to in Return of the Living Dead.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Well, at least its legal.

Anyone remember that guy with the creamtory whose furnace didn't work so he chucked hundreds of bodies into the woods in GA?

omg! I remeber that lol..he was giving other family members ash's of others and I think some of animals?

Right now in Vancouver, we have the Willie Pickton trial going on...

Tonnes of bodies found in his pig farm...Crazy stuff

The only thing we had going here was the Hugo Selinski case in which was said that he killed two drug dealers on his land then burned the bodies and buried whatever was left..they went to trial for it and everything him and this other guy the other admitted to everything and Hugo kept his mouth shut the charges were dropped on Hugo but the other got slammed with everything but Hugo escaped from prision he was found but now he will have to face the charges for that..so he thought he got away but fucked it up in the end..

sounds like a pretty creepy job, one that could give you nightmares for years.

i suppose one could have a worse job...

How about the dr on the east coast making deals with area mortitions to harvest body parts and selling them to donor clinics, without checking with the deceased persons' families and falsifying the cause of deaths on the paperwork.  Several people got infected by using the parts.  When they caught him he had already sold parts of Allister Cook...

People like to hang themselves across the street from my house. In the past 3 years 2 people hung themselves across the street from me. And a few years back they found a body part a few bloacks from me in a trash can.

thats pretty creepy vander. when i lived in hamilton me and a friend were walking through the woods and found a dog hanging from a tree, it was really freaky, and upsetting really.

The smell in that "body farm". That's all I'm gonna say.

I read about the body farm in one of my forensic books. I think its pretty interesting. I mean think about it; the things humans do in the name of science. Not only are we studying the cadavers in varying states of decomp but this also gives us a chance to see where in the decomp timeline the insects come in. This is where they got the idea for Grissoms passion with his bugs in the CSI show. I know it sounds messed up but if it werent for the sick crazy people studying all this, were wouldnt have the forensic headway we have now. I cant wait til I start school in the fall!

keep us updated on your schooling fireyredhead that's sounds really interesting.
did you hear that James Brown isn't buried yet (death Dec.)?
legal crap, He was imbalmed almost immediately so he is really well preserved. Anna Nicole Smith is deteriorating rapidly as she was refridgerated for a week before imbalming.
they brush beeswax on the deceased skin to preserve it better.
would zombies be drunk, imbalmed with all that wood alcohol???

Why do you think they shamble?  big_smile

What about that priest that killed a nun in what looked like a ritual? That was pretty strange.

Mirthquake wrote:

Why do you think they shamble?  big_smile

*slurs*..I wanna zombie just like the zombie that ate dear ole dad....hic

lol, deadshallrule, you really worry me sometimes! LMAO!

Speaking of thins we do for science. A physicist named Ernest Rutherford performed a gold foil experiment in which he allowed allowed alpha particles to pass through a thin piece of gold foil. Most of the particles would pass through the foil or be deflected. And he had his students "watching" the particles pass through the gold foil or be deflected. Obviously the deflected ones impacted against his students eyes and a lot of them died of eye cancer somes years later because of radiation. At least that's what I've been told because I haven't found the exact procedure followed in the experiment, since it was in 1909 it's really difficult to find it.

Marie Curie also died in the name of science, she didn't know that radiation was gonna kill her.

Dying in the name of science is ok for me.

cant wait to see whats going to kill me!

My hometown in about 3 hours away from Ed Geins farmhouse...well, what remains of it; some people burned it down after the old chump kicked the can on July 26th, 1984, three days after I was born...

in the name of science, you could always be a medical school cadavar *shivers
preferably after death:)

Science is a scary scary thing...