Topic: Pick One

This one should make you think for a while!
Shake

Re: Pick One

I voted for Halloween because it creeped me out and I love it's musical theme.

All about the Thing baby...

I love all of them but I went with The Thing just because I like movies that are set in the winter with lots of snow. Don't ask me why but I've always loved films like that

I had to go with the original TCM.. I think that was the movie that REALLY got me hooked.. I had always been a fan but that one really sent me over the edge if you will..

I went with the exorcist..that movie scared the living shit out me and thats what got me started..

Sorry to disagree with everyone but I need to cast my vote for Night of the Living Dead.  Not only does it show the heights that can be achieved in independant filmmaking (read no money) but it also revolutionized an entire sub genre of horror film.

Besides, I like it when the zombies moan smile

was tough but most my favs were not on that list so i went with The Thing.

I went with the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre".  If I just had to choose, that would probably be my favorite horror film.

If I could change my vote, I would change it 4 times at least.

Raven's right, the best is the Exorcist with Halloween a close second, so close that on certain days it is actually first!

Well I pick Texas Chainsaw Masacre, the original one. IMO thats the best one from this list.

I remember the hype around The Exorcist...I remember this freaky TV ad that is not on any S.E. disc that I saw as a child...with cult like people, bald heads...I remember school letting out early on opening day of the film and the teachers calling it "E Day"...I remember my siblings coming home from seeing it and talking about it and when I went to bed that night I couldn't move. I was literally frozen with fear.

No film has done this for me or to me since. The Exorcist rules in fear! It may not have the same effect today but it was the first of its kind when released in the 70's and no other film has had the same hype and effect on people as it has. IMHO.
So I went with The Thing as my choice. Just kidding!

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-02-21 11:34:09)

kevinj4 wrote:

Sorry to disagree with everyone but I need to cast my vote for Night of the Living Dead.  Not only does it show the heights that can be achieved in independant filmmaking (read no money) but it also revolutionized an entire sub genre of horror film.

Besides, I like it when the zombies moan smile

I agree with you !!NOLD

Demon, I know you all to well.  You'd pick "Hellraiser" if it were up there.  smile

it was hard but i went with the exorcist just because of its history. my grandfather used to tell me stories about people running out of the theatre in hamilton freaking out and ambulances would be called and stuff like that. my mom also banned me from watching it cause she said it was too scary. so of course with a build up like that i had to see it. and when i did i couldn't figure out what the big deal was.it wasnt that bad.

Your absolutely right again there Tim lol  smile

I love every single movie that is posted but i had to go with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre b/c back when i was in college, i modeled out the house and swing set which looks exactly like them from the movie. But most of all this is one specific movie that has one of the most memorable scenes and characters from the movie.

Had to go with Night of the Living Dead because it really started me on my path of chaos and nightmares lol.

I knew it, again... tongue

Cool poll
i like both The Omen and The Thing
so i went with The Omen

I went with The Exorcist, simply because that movie has frightened me more then any others on the list. The Shining comes in a close second.

Texas Chainsaw Masacre Without A Doubt,that Should Be Labled One Of Those Cult Classics!

damn I guess I'm the only fan here of the "Alien"

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I perfer somewhat realistic films.