Topic: Lake Placid 2 Going Straight to DVD

It seems that Fox is the one studio that is getting really trigger happy with this straight to DVD phase. The first Lake Placid film was quite good with some nice chomping action and a good dose of humor I enjoyed it. Not to mention one of the Golden...

Read More : Lake Placid 2 Going Straight to DVD

Re: Lake Placid 2 Going Straight to DVD

just what we needed a sequel to lake placid.

So this makes three croc films in one year, right?

the year of the croc I guess !!! I hope they are good ..... and by good I mean no cg and lots of gore !!!! big_smile

I did enjoy the first "Lake Placid".  However, I don't think there is a need for a sequel.  Especially a straight to DVD sequel by the same guy who directed "Boa vs. Python".

I MUST see Boa vs Python just to have some laughs

crocodiles are this year's penguins smile

Has there ever been a horror movie with Penguins.  We've had crocs, dogs, crows, rats and sheep so why not Penguins.

Happy Feet...... OF DEATH!!!!!

Hey Kruz, Really you should check out Boa vs Python, There is some shit in that flick that is just wrong in a good kinda way smile As for Lake Placid 2 WTF is wrong with Fox!! what kinda fucking fools do they take us for right now i can think of well over 20 flicks that could use sequels, And Lake Placid ia not one of them, Maybe we will at least get some gore, and T&A

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:

Hey Kruz, Really you should check out Boa vs Python, There is some shit in that flick that is just wrong in a good kinda way smile

I will. I was being serious about watching it. Probably it's gonna be really hard to find it here in Mexico and I'm definetly not ordering it.

Yea I mean an outright sequel might not be bad.. But a straight to DVD with probably none of the original cast blows.. I liked the first film but this seems kind of poiintless and are just using it for name recognition.. My guess is they will call it like Lake Placid: Terror Lake or something... Drop the "2" especially for SciFi..

I guess you could watch "Boa vs. Python" for some laughs.  To me, it's just so bad it's hard to watch.  Heh, "Lake Placid: Terror Lake" sounds like an all out Sci-Fi title to me.

Yeah by no means don't run out and buy Boa vs. Python (I don't need any more folks useing voodoo dolls on my ass) its really not worth $20 bucks (Like i paid for it when it first came out) Shit by now its more then likely in the $5 bin at walmarts, Whenever you do watch it the part to look out for is dealing with this dude and this chick in the back seat of a car smile

Yeah, it's not worth $20.  Norrock, how could you?  tongue

I loved the first one.  Good cheesy fun.  Endlessly quotable.  I wish Betty White would just hit this one on the head with a frying pan.

Betty White rocks in Lake Placid! I loved this movie!

She made the movie what it was.  And of course, the giant crocodile.

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:

Hey Kruz, Really you should check out Boa vs Python, There is some shit in that flick that is just wrong in a good kinda way smile As for Lake Placid 2 WTF is wrong with Fox!! what kinda fucking fools do they take us for right now i can think of well over 20 flicks that could use sequels, And Lake Placid ia not one of them, Maybe we will at least get some gore, and T&A

You want to see Betty White naked?!?!

What kind of sicko are you?!?!

Next you will want them to put Danny DiVito in a thong?!?!

I am gonna be skipping this I think, unless I feel like a Killer Croc day. 

But gonna be renting Supercroc instead most likely.

lol @ wanting to see Betty White naked.

http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/white_betty.jpg

Come on, guys!

I prefer Bea Arthur myself. 

Seriously, though, most of the fun was Betty White.  Hearing this sweet lil' ol' lady curse like a sailor was endlessly entertaining.  Good stuff.  And just like her, incomplete records haunt me so....

The sheriff had a few good lines too, and I really liked the interplay between him and Oliver Platt. 

The two weak links were really Bridget Fonda and Bill Pullman.  They had some decent lines, but I really wasn't feeling the chemistry. 

A DTV sequel doesn't thrill me, because I don't think the sequel can capture the magic.

Nor quality effects.  The first one, is kinda B cheese fun imo.  Something I would watch every now and then...not something I wanna buy.

I announce here and now....I will rent Primeval, Lake Placid 2, & Supercroc....and should Lake Placid 2 be any better than those two...umm.....I'll ummmm....let me think on this.

Wait until "Rogue" hits us.  That might be a winner.

Definatly.  I really liked Wolf Creek so I am ready for this one.  I'm gonna as my friend in Australia if he has seen it tonite and if he has see what he thinks.