Topic: What's your very first horror movie you've seen?

For me, my very first horror movie i have ever seen was back in the 80's called The Gate and i still love watching that movie.

Re: What's your very first horror movie you've seen?

King Kong (1933 version - when I was 4 so that would mean I saw it in 1963.

Night of the Living Dead

I think it was THE HORROR OF FRANKENSTEIN.  Maybe.  Does ANDROMEDA STRAIN count?  I remember seeing that in the theaters...

The first horror film I have ever saw, which pretty much got me into horror, was "Alien".

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

For me, my very first horror movie i have ever seen was back in the 80's called The Gate and i still love watching that movie.

That was a great movie I'm looking forward to seeing that come out on DVD..

My first horror movie I saw was actually Friday the 13th I think the third one..I think I was 10rys old maybe 9..

I think it must have been the Blob.  I was really young - three or four?

Children of the Corn 4: The Gathering

Still love watching that movie.  It was the first horror movie I seen, but before that I watched the Goosebumps series on FoxKids.  I think I was about 9 when I watched it.

first horror movie (if i'm recalling correctly) - stephen king's It, when i was between 9 - 10 years old.

i used to watch the goosebumps series when i was a kid too XD and are you afraid of the dark. lol great 'spooky' shows for kids.

I'm not sure if Critters, It, Friday the 13th or an old one about a guy being half-horse. My whole childhood is blurry and I'm only 21 years old. Heh.

NOLD then it was any and everything I could watch, my parents were super kewl, mom would take me to the Godzilla movies and James Bond and all the Planet of the apes. As  teen I could talk my parents into going to the drive-in and watching PHANTASM and horror movies like that hee hee,  My best freind and I were too young to see the Exorcist, the movie peeps wouldn't let us in so we had to see Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother, I was pissed...lol

The first horror movie I remember watching would have to be King Kong - at least that is what my mom thinks.

She says I was 4 and that the movie only upset me when they killed Kong.  Him eating the people and squishing things were fine but when they shot Kong I apparently started to cry and yelled "stop hurting the monkey".

kev that's sooo funny!

My First Horror Movie Was Suspiria And I Saw It In The Movies When It Came Out.after That It Was Horror For Life!i Was Like 19 Or 20.

i cant really remember if it was jaws or tremors (i was young and scared so i didnt really watch it, i used to cover my eyes alot) but the first one i ever sat down and actually watched was the return of the living dead 2. and its still one of my all time favs.

Theres another thread asking this and I said Dracula '31 but the mor I think of it I think it was Frankenstein 1931

vorwald2006 wrote:

Children of the Corn 4: The Gathering

Still love watching that movie.  It was the first horror movie I seen, but before that I watched the Goosebumps series on FoxKids.  I think I was about 9 when I watched it.

I used to be obsessed with the Goosebumps series on FoxKids.  smile

I didn't watch the Goosebumps tv series but I read some of the books.

Last edited by Kruz (2007-02-22 22:47:28)

I only watched a few of the Goosebump episodes...I recall the one about the typewriter that inserts you into the stories and that one about the vampire breath..thats it.  Books I actually found rather dull.

First horror film, Nosferatu...found Max Schreck kinda creepy.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-02-22 22:52:59)

I used to own every Goosebump book imaginable.  I loved those as well.

when i was 8 i did see bits  of IT! but 1st horror movie i saw (in Full)was Tremors

Last edited by BASSI (2007-02-23 10:21:39)

Dawn of the Dead is the 1st movie I remember seeing back in the 1980s, and all those BW horror/monster movies that allways came on TV.

ok, I asked my mom, and we think it was The Blob. I think I was somewhere in the 7-8 year old range when I saw it. I saw the original black and white version. I dont remember being at all frightened by it but I do remember being mezmerized by the movie. I remember trying to figure out what the blob was made out of. It was so weird looking. Later it was King Kong and I know I cried when King Kong died. That was very traumatic for me. And then I watched Christine with my dad late one night. That was a scary movie for my young years. And Carrie.

I think the name of it was The Candy Man? correct me if im wrong. I only remember that some guy kidnaps this really young kid like 2-3yrs old maybe.

Yeah, "Candyman".  Great film.