Re: House of Pain Poster

It's great to hear that the auditions went well.  Even though, you are exhausted.  I'm sure you'll make the right decisions on who to cast and what not.  I really look forward to seeing the audition tapes and just reading more about this project.  Awesome stuff.  Thanks for sharing.

TiM - I'm going through the audition tapes now, and i'll put some up on our site shortly smile

We have callbacks this coming sunday, then we will be rehearsing every saturday until we shoot.  Things are going super fast now.... its like a snowball, just getting bigger and bigger, lol

Heh, better things move faster then slower, right?  I can't wait.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-02-26 10:02:46)

I'm sure these next 2 months will fly by..... can't wait to shoot in Niagara Falls.... smile  i'm getting giddy

going back to the gore discussion, backlighting, camera angles and creepy cuts can say triple what the gore says. Slap us with the harshness but temp us with the subtle artistic. have fun!! I can't wait to see what you do:)

I have to agree with you.... Gore should be used sparingly and be given as a reward/treat, rather than out there in the open the whole time.

Thanks..... all this talk and pre "buzz" is going to make us have to step up to the plate and really work much harder now, which i believe will be a blessing rather than a burden.

It's friday. Have you chosen the ones you'll call back or are you still deciding?

yes we have....

we are calling back about 16, there were too many good actresses..... and i'm still debating over the older looking guys or younger looking ones....

after sunday i'll put up some of their tapes for you all to see smile

Great. Keep up the good work. I don't know why I'm so excited about this, I can only imagine how excited are you...

its excitement mixed with being scared shit less, lol

You hope for and plan for the best, but you never know.... i don't want it to turn into a turd..... I think one of the keys will be the post production work.... so much can be saved or lost in the editing stage.  i wouldn't mind including a few people from this board to view the progress of the rough cuts and voice their opinions. Anyone interested in that?

I think one of the most exciting things about this short is that it is being filmed on location, and not someone's house, backyard or basement.  Niagara is like an untapped resource that is just ripe to be the center of a great horror movie.  Who knows, if all goes well, i'll be back there shooting HOP as a feature and really getting into the underbelly of the haunted house and the evil things that happen smile

Once i get permission from the actors i'll put up the clips, or i'll put up some screen caps so you guys can give your input on who looks better with who.

Mike

I'd to help you with my opinion but I would be an uneducated one. There's a lot of members here that have the credentials or knowledge to help you.

the only skill needed is being a fan and knowing what you like and don't like smile

Technical skills are just a bonus.

Then count me in!

I'm a fan and I know what I like and don't like. Count me in!

great.... i'll count you in as an adviser.... send me an e-mail at houseofpainmovie at hotmail.com with your contact info

Just a quick update.... i'm finalizing a teaser trailer as we speak, and i should have it completed over the weekend..... smile

I'll also have the cast pictures up over the weekend.

Stay tuned

Mike

be sure to email us a spot where we can downlaod the teaser trailer and add it to the baddest horror clips site on the inter-web, www.TerrorFeed.com

Thanks, i will for sure....

Just polishing it up a bit so it looks right.... its hard when you're your own worst critic! lol

P.S.

Since you guys broke our cherry in terms of mentions, i'll give the clip to you guys first smile

I really look forward to seeing the trailer.  Can't wait.

LOL, i hope i don't hype it up too much.....

you'll get to see the scene of the crime so to speak, and get a visual idea of the locations..... should make everyone see what a great location we have smile

This site is a big supporter of indie filmmakers and their films.  Trust me, if your making it, we can't wait to see it.

I never doubted the location.  tongue

Thanks... i actually just thought of a way to make the trailer better, and i'm going to include a piece of a scene from this weekends rehearsal smile

Awesome!  Can't wait to see it.

i'll have it done sunday night.... what format do you guys want it in for your trailer section?

Last edited by House of Pain (2007-03-16 09:00:53)