Topic: Malevolence 2, Dog Soldiers 2, Thankskilling????

Has anyone heard anymore info on when these films will be coming out.......Malevolence 2, Dog Soldiers 2, and Thankskilling???:/

Re: Malevolence 2, Dog Soldiers 2, Thankskilling????

From information I have grabbed from the net RIP regarding the Dog Soldiers sequel it isn't happening. I was following this news really closely waiting and waiting, scrolling through site after site on information. But when I last checked the internet movie database had gotten rid of the info on the sequel and other sites had started saying it had stopped production.

I hope it isn't true but from the fact that the newest news pieces are quite darn old, I'm left to believe it's true. I really don't think it is happening anymore. That said if the Descent 2 is a success maybe they will start up production again, that would be nice.

good questions... sin jin smyth is another movie. I will do an editorial on them. If anyone can think of any others that are missing in action please post.

Thanks for the info BTK.:cool:

I don't know when any of them are coming out, but I really want to see Malevolence 2.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I don't know when any of them are coming out, but I really want to see Malevolence 2.

Me too.....I really like Malevolence by Stevan Mena and I know that they made a sequel for it cause I saw a trailer for it on either youtube or imdb a long time ago but it never has come out for some wierd reason. The film is a prequel actually.

Yep I just found the info I got in regard to Dog Soldiers that was posted on UHM. > this sheds a little light on the current status of DG2-

CURRENT STATUS

This is a film that many people wanted to happen, myself included. Sadly, for whatever reason, it never did. Not only has this project been removed from IMDB, but production company Kismet has also removed it from their upcoming slate.

You're welcome RIP smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-06-07 11:12:03)

Damnit, and I was so looking forward to Dog Soldiers 2. I was hoping that it would start from the end of the first one with Cooper still alive in the woods.:(

The Rage 2 is one that i would like to see.

i would really like to see Malevolence 2 , I liked Malevolence alot ! I'm also very interested in Thankskilling  !!

eDogg2012 wrote:

i would really like to see Malevolence 2 , I liked Malevolence alot ! I'm also very interested in Thankskilling  !!

"Gobble, gobble motherfucker" - lol I love that line from the trailer for it lol.:lol:

I need to give malevolence another try - the first time I saw I thought it sucked!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjSRoxc6mg[/youtube]

"I'm thankful that your mom has the juiciest poon in town"
"Gobble Gobble, motherfucker":lol:

1:26 headshot was lame, why wouldn't they do that with practical effects?

pR1m3vil wrote:

1:26 headshot was lame, why wouldn't they do that with practical effects?

Cause it's low budget lol.:P

Last I heard Thankskilling was going to be released in the fall of 2009 on DVD.  I know Goon has seen it and reviewed it, so maybe he's got some inside scoop on it. 

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_5138.htm

jmh314 wrote:

Last I heard Thankskilling was going to be released in the fall of 2009 on DVD.  I know Goon has seen it and reviewed it, so maybe he's got some inside scoop on it. 

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_5138.htm

But at the end of the trailer it was suppose to be out last year. This film must have taken place back in 2007.

RIP wrote:

Cause it's low budget lol.tongue

Yea but all you need is a compressor a tube, and some food colouring, corn syrup, and water. Hot glue the tube to a nozzle on the compressor, make a flap/lid type thing on the tube, and bam insta GOOD headshot. Like Honestly it would cost you 5 bucks and looks decent. Just my thoughts.

Can we include films that have been made but still haven't been released yet?  The Viy remake has been meant to be getting released for three or four years now and it's still not seen the light of day... sad

Hey RIP! Yes, ThanksKilling was shot in August of 2007 for next to nothing. It's a long story, but it was intended to come out last fall, however it just didn't work out. Finally, it will be arriving on DVD November 17th of this year!

If you would like any promo materials for the film, send us an email at our temp address:
thankskilling(at)gmail.com. Feel free to ask any questions or anything.

The kick ass website for the film should be live in a couple weeks!

Welcome aboard Thankskilling big_smile
Your best course of action would be to drop a line to scoops@horror-movies.ca with as much info as possible and let Meh (our glorious leader) write a nice article big_smile

One thing about small films like Malevolence 2 and Thankskilling is they are done on very small budgets.. Keeping that in mind it is VERY hard to secure any kind of distribution.. That is why I always try to cover films like that extensively when I can..

Even movies with millions of dollars sunk into them can sometimes have huge problems with distro.. Think of Trick r' Treat or the first Exorcist: The Begining film they shot.. Its a long and often unfair process..