Re: Official GunTown Thread

azathoth wrote:

Welcome back Ace.  Glad things are going well.  (We're all secretly jealous we're not making movies)

Don't be jealous of me, lol, it's hard work...

We are jealous for we want to be in one not make one lol

a little update for ya...

I stumbled upon a local guy who does music and score with a badass full recording studio in his house.

We're going surround sound baby.

That's awesome news... now get to work! lol

Nocturnal wrote:

That's awesome news... now get to work! lol

I second this lol and congrats on the latest news Acey wink

just a small update, and I'll get to the point. After some thought, I've made a decision, and rightfully so.

But, I would like some feedback before I pursue this venture.

As you may or may not know, Andy Grace who plays "Frank Bailey Jr." in GT, has Cerebral Palsy, he's restricted to a wheelchair and walking canes.

I think it is in order to donate a portion of every DVD sale to the UCP.

In fact, for every movie I make, a portion will go to a charity. So, the next film will donate a portion to the Foundation for the Blind, the next one - The Shriner's, the Red Cross, etc.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I think that's a damn good idea Ace  !

thats a really noble thing to do acey full respect for you hun xxx .

Thank you Noc. Far too many people are less fortunate than others. Foundations such as these can always use a bit of extra assistance. If I am going to pursue filmmaking, then I feel I should give to such charities to help.

Research and development takes funding. Why not contribute.

the Shriners huh?
goofy hats and miniature cars aren't getting any cheaper I suppose lol

kidding of course ace, that's is extremely commendable,
I really admire your generosity and kind nature,
you're bound to go far with that attitude alone...
people like you make me sick  tongue

Thanks Puppy and Deadhorse.

Deadhorse, lol. My stepfather has been a Shriner for over 50 years and even started the SASMC. (Southern Association for Shriners Motor Corp) I've seen what those guys do for people.

My father was blind, so the Foundation for the Blind came to mind. The Red Cross is a worthy organization as well. I just hope I can continue my venture as a filmmaker so I can contribute.

again I was just ribbin ya ace - I'm well aware of what they do for the community - and I honestly do admire your ethics. Much praise to thee!

my sister had spina biffada and fluid on the brain so I donate  as regular as I can to them  and any other childrens charities . They all do amazing work hun but you need to decide on one or two that you will support fo the long term or you'll end up with all profit going to charity and earning nothing . keep sight on that your iin this to make a living as well >>>>>>> Just saying  all power to you though hun xxxxxxxx

You're right Puppy. That's why I will donate a portion of each movies DVD sales, not just GT.

I've heard of a yogurt brand that donates .10 cents per unit, so I'm thinking .25 cents per DVD sold. It doesn't sound like much, but over time it will add up.

All credit to you hun , sounds like you know what you want so go for it I wish you all the luck in the world withthis venture and can't wait to buy it on D.V.D soon xxxx

just updated the site with movie stills. check it.

www.guntownthemovie.com

Looks like IMDb has just about wrapped up adding the credits. Proud to be on there.

wow Acey !!!   you've done such a good job ! I am soooo  impressed !!!  and how very truly sweet of you to think of giving to charity..a heart of gold to match those devastating good looks !!

Thank you Mistress. XOXO I've decided to give to a different charity for each film I make.

be still my heart..  Acey you are  quite a man smile

Ace, that truly is remarkable.  Good for you.  smile  Bo and I are very excited to chat with you about the flick and do everything we can to get it out there.  The heart of a true fan as well as the heart of a philanthropist.  That's the kind of film maker I like to support.  smile

acey you are such a sweetheart wink

Thanks ya'll. It feels really good to give something back. I told Andy about it, and he was very happy.

Kinda funny, we had discussed it a bit, then I mentioned that my stepfather has been a Shriner for over 50 years.

As it turns out, the Shriners Hospital were the ones who gave Andy his therapy to where he could use special walking canes to help get around. If it wasn't for them, he'd be stuck in a wheelchair full time.

Copper Canyon Halloween page is live on GT website.

www.guntownthemovie.com

What's UCP?  I'll be happy to buy a copy when it's available!!!