Re: Japanese/Korean Horror movies

Like I have said in my posts prior all these film festivals help. If a distributor is present during the screenings and makes an offer we could see it soon. But even once a deal is made, you have wait quite awhile for all the special features to be compiled and all the discs to be pressed up.. Hopefully someone will pick it up..

Just buy Natural city
             Neigbor no 13
             abnormal beauty
And last week was at the Fantasia festival in montréal!!!
Was pretty cool^^

Neighbor No. 13 is pretty weird.. What movies did you see at the Fantasia Film Festival.. I'd like to go next year. They always show a ton of great films..

I have seen The Descendant , a premiere,a ghost story from a Canadian director.
I dont have seen much film cause all tickets was sold out so if you wanna go take your tickets like 1 month or 2 weeks before the festival.I was there for the films Brocken(new england wave of horror), Reincarnation(Last film of takeshi shimizu), and Feed but all tickets was sold out so..

Next year ill go for more movies!

Dont see Neigbor no.13 yet but i have see abnormal beauty and i can say this movie is awesome! I really like when you see the man with the pipe smashing his victims with all the chains and the green teint(so lovely).lol

Ho and Art of the devil 2 was playing at fantasia but i dont see it cause i order the first and the second and i dont have them. and when you dont have seen the first one its like to broke the party to see the second before.

Asian horror movies are great.Their plotting is amazing, the problem is wit their A)randomness beginnings and B)the randomness ending.But Hey, everyone has their own flaws.I know about the mainstrem Ju-Ons and Ringus, but i tend to go for the underground movies or Takashi Miike movies.First time beginners, i suggest not to begin wit a Takashi Miike movie...well thats if u wanna keep ur sanity.i know backstories of many movies (ichi the killer...that semen in the beggining credits....he made his whole crew masturbate in a bucket for that) and for the last time he is banging not his mother but the mother of creation(some ppl know this back story joke) so calm down.My favorite movie is everyones favorite...Battle Royale.not to mention i have the regular edition, special edition,directors cut, and 3 disc extra of that movie.I also cannot stand American adaptations and continue to beg american directors to please find their own unique ideas

Laughs.
Actually the Americans did a wonderful job with Ringu!
Neither the Japanese or American versions are faithful to Suzuki's book , if I had to choose between the two adaptations of the novel , the American's win hands down. Juon is a different story.

Yea I really liked The Ring more.. Ringu seemed to just remain in a "weird" mode for most of the film while The Ring focused more on the creepy side.. Miikes best work is Audition. That is a nice slow burn that I think any horror fan could jump right into..

One miss call or phone
are they anygood

One Missed Call is OK.. Not Miikes best by any stretch of the imagination but its worth renting.. Phone is really good.. The little girl is a great actress for only being like 6 she really does a good job..

Here is my list of asian horror dvds that I own in my horror film collection:

Art of the Devil
Art of the Devil 2
Audition
BioZombie
Evil Dead Trap
Evil Dead Trap 2
Ichi 1: Prequel
Ichi the Killer
Infection
Ju-On
Ju-Rei
Oldboy
One Missed Call
One Missed Call 2
Pulse: Kairo
Ringu
Stacy
The Eye
The Eye 2
The Host
Versus
Wild Zero

Last edited by RIP (2007-08-04 13:26:00)

Don't forget about Uzumaki, Suicide Club, Isola, and Shaolin VS The Evil Dead.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I have never seen those films before so I need to buy them sometime soon.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Uzumaki The Spiral was just freaky.  I so love Asian Horror.  I have my Amazon wish list and I am just waiting for next years tax refund then I am building an Asian Horror library.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

i just rented Isola any good
plus i also rented Locker 1 and 2

Last edited by BASSI (2007-07-27 15:52:01)

Is any of the Tomie series any good or are they boring?

Chinese
The Eye 10/10
The Eye 2 7/10
The Eye 3 1/10
Korean 
The Doll Master  8/10
The Host 10/10
A Tale of Two Sisters 10/10
4 Horror Tales  (i have only see two movies of that)
R-Point (give it other watch)
Japanese
Ichi the Killer  10/10 + A*
Yogen 10/10
One missed call  9/10
One missed call 2  4/10
One missed call Final 10/10
Suicide Club 10/10
Ju-on (The Grudge) 10/10
Battle Royale 10/10
Battle Royale 2 0/10
Ringu 8/10
Ringu 2 4/10
Nightmare Detective 8/10

Philippine 
Wag Kang Lilingon 10/10

Last edited by BASSI (2007-07-27 16:03:06)

Does anyone know if there are any other asian horror films that are slasher style films besides Evil Dead Trap?

Hey here's a new box set that i stumbled upon this past week at Best Buy for only $14.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Kazuo-Umezzs-Horr … mp;sr=1-31

Bio-Zombie is also a good, fun Asian film.  And if you like revenge films, it doesnt get any better than Oldboy

jmh314 wrote:

Bio-Zombie is also a good, fun Asian film.  And if you like revenge films, it doesnt get any better than Oldboy

BioZombie is funny as well with the english dubbing:

"Did you see the size of that guy's balls":lol:

Oldboy is a good film too. That scene though with the guy eating that live octopus was nasty though lol.

RIP wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any other asian horror films that are slasher style films besides Evil Dead Trap?

BLOODY BEACH aka Haebyeoneuro Gada
Bloody Beach" is about a group of Internet chat buddies who decides to finally meet to take a real life vacation together and head to the beach for some fun in the sun. Unfortunately, their beach vacation turns into a nightmare when a killer whom they know by the internet moniker "Sandman" begins stalking the members of the club

and

Otoshimono aka GHOST TRAIN
On her way to school, high school girl Nana sees a train accident. Then Nana and her friend Kanae start to come across various bizarre phenomena, including red fingerprints and a female spirit who 'lives' on the station platform. One day, Nana's younger sister is lost, and the only possibility seems to be that she had been taken by these spirits. The missing tracks. The predictions that a mysterious woman makes.

Last edited by BASSI (2007-07-27 16:31:43)

BASSI wrote:
RIP wrote:

BLOODY BEACH aka Haebyeoneuro Gada
Bloody Beach" is about a group of Internet chat buddies who decides to finally meet to take a real life vacation together and head to the beach for some fun in the sun. Unfortunately, their beach vacation turns into a nightmare when a killer whom they know by the internet moniker "Sandman" begins stalking the members of the club

This sounds like a good one. Is it out on region 1 dvd? And does the killer wear a mask or anything?

I'm telling you guys to check out that link i posted for 6 brand new J-Horror movies on 3 discs that has legendary J-Horror directors. The movies are:

Vol. 1 House of Bugs (Episode 1) In this story about an unfaithful couple, Koji believes his cheating wife may no longer be human. Unsure of what to do next, he asks his lover to look in on his wife. Someone it would seem, has lost their mind. Diet (Episode 2) When an overweight girl gets dumped by her lover, she resolves to impress him by going on an extreme diet. All goes well at first, but when she is reunited with her former lover, she begins to feel the hunger pains once again. Vol. II Snake Girl (Episode 3) Yumika has been invited by her cousin to spend their summer vacation in a rural village. But once they arrive, Yumiko is made to feel unwelcome by the locals who keep referring to her as "Snake Girl". The Wish (Episode 4) A lonely schoolboy finds block of wood in the shape of human head. He and the makeshift puppet-doll become friends and playmates. But it's not long before things go from innocent to downright scary. Death Make (Episode 6) A teenager Kuroe and a TV Director Satomi visit a warehouse to shoot a horror TV program. After they find a mysterious mask at inside there horror becomes reality.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-07-27 16:38:43)

BLOODY BEACH came out (2004) i
The killer wearing Big long black coat with a hood