Topic: Madison Horror Film Festival 2009

The Madison Horror film festival will be held on Saturday October 3rd and Sunday October 4th, 2009. We will once again be brining you the best in independent short and feature films, special guests, vendors and more.
   Madison Horror is proud to announce that Wisconsin native and film icon Bill Rebane will be a part of this year’s Madison Horror Film Festival. Bill is credited as a director, writer and producer and has worked in many other facets of the filmmaking business. He has directed numerous films including Twister’s Revenge, Blood Harvest, The Capture of Bigfoot, Monster A Go-Go and probably his most famous, Giant Spider Invasion. Bill will be joining us at the festival to do a Q&A session and autograph signings. We will also be presenting Bill with the Wisconsin filmmaker lifetime achievement award.
   The final submission date for independent films is September 4th, 2009. For all the submission information, visit the submissions page at www dot madisonhorror dot com . Guests, ticket info and all festival updates can be found at www dot madisonhorror dot com .

Re: Madison Horror Film Festival 2009

Why the heck can't some place near Philly have a horror fest?!  B-fest is in, what, around Chicago, Madison's got one, the TX Alamos House (something like that) has one every year.  I know there must be more (got to be a bunch in New York City, but I'm not fond of that city), all I get is Blobfest.  Well, it is cool that it is the original Blob theatre, but still.  I think the overnights in Mt. Holly, NJ even went away.

Sigh.  I'm a sad, sad monkey.

It would be cool if someone could co-ordinate an "on the road" horror fest and just travel from city to city.

Didn't Charles Band do that but it was just his films and a bunch of gatuitous nudity?

madhorror wrote:

Didn't Charles Band do that but it was just his films and a bunch of gatuitous nudity?

Now that you mention it, yes he did.  Back around '90 or so I was working in a video store, and the store got a bunch of invitations to go see his show in some Philly theatre.  The owners brought me along, and we all got some nifty promo swag (which is buried away somewhere), got to meet and greet the various execs, and saw a presentation and a couple of movies.

Kinda neat, actually, since this was back when Full Moon was still fairly good.

Colorado doesn't get any horror fests. Damn Colorado.

Let's get through this one and try and spread out. I had thought about franchising it into other states, but would need people in thise areas to help coordinate venues, media, etc. Any interest in any area is good.

madhorror wrote:

Let's get through this one and try and spread out. I had thought about franchising it into other states, but would need people in thise areas to help coordinate venues, media, etc. Any interest in any area is good.

The Colonial Theater in Phoenixville, PA may be interested in something like this.  I have no association with them, so no pull, but they put up weird things all the time, plus Blobfest yearly.  Remember I emphasized 'may'.

227 Bridge St
Phoenixville, PA 19460
(610) 917-1228

Give'em a ring, see what they say.   If there's any traction I wouldn't mind being the local gopher/contact, depending on timing, of course.

I'd love to help set up some kinda mini-fest with all local and semi-local HM freaks.  No way I could run the whole local show, so help would be necessary, but I'm game.