Topic: Freddy vs Jason 2

So many rumors of Freddy vs Jason 2. I've heard Michael is suppose to be involved..I just need to know if its on or not..Michael vs Jason would be legendary.

Re: Freddy vs Jason 2

Good question, there was talk right after the first one came out but I haven't heard anything lately.

Michael probably won't be.  He is owned by Dimension, New Line has Jason and Freddy so Dimension and New Line would have to work out a deal to make it happen.  Or New Line buys Michael like they got Jason from Paramount but with a remake Halloween and a rumored Halloween 9, I doubt Dimension would let him go when if Zombie's remake hits they have a chance for a whole new franchise. 

On Halloween 25 Years of Terror, Clive Barker mentions he and John Carpenter thought of a MICHAEL VS PINHEAD...Barker would write and Carpenter direct...but Dimension wouldn't go for it as they thought there was still engery in the franchises. 

New Line does though have rights to Leatherface, so there is always a chance of him jumping in but as he is the most mortal out of any of the big icons, would have to find a way to keep him alive and in good shape to fight.  Heard also Ash was gonna be invovled at somepoint, but Raimi said he had plans for him. 

So...I wouldn't look for a FvJII anytime soon.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-02-24 17:15:04)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad.

Same.  FvJ was okay...but it wasn't good enough to warrant a sequel imo.

yah that would be awsome if leatherface was in it..but just seems some much more legendary for michael myers to be in it, I mean michael, jason, and freddy are like the 3 legendary slashers, are they not?

I thank so!!!!!

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Michael probably won't be.  He is owned by Dimension, New Line has Jason and Freddy so Dimension and New Line would have to work out a deal to make it happen.  Or New Line buys Michael like they got Jason from Paramount but with a remake Halloween and a rumored Halloween 9, I doubt Dimension would let him go when if Zombie's remake hits they have a chance for a whole new franchise. 

On Halloween 25 Years of Terror, Clive Barker mentions he and John Carpenter thought of a MICHAEL VS PINHEAD...Barker would write and Carpenter direct...but Dimension wouldn't go for it as they thought there was still engery in the franchises. 

New Line does though have rights to Leatherface, so there is always a chance of him jumping in but as he is the most mortal out of any of the big icons, would have to find a way to keep him alive and in good shape to fight.  Heard also Ash was gonna be invovled at somepoint, but Raimi said he had plans for him. 

So...I wouldn't look for a FvJII anytime soon.

Thanks for the info

i'd like to see Chucky Vs. Leprechaun. that would be a good battle!

I would love to see Jason vs Michael. They have similar styles and they there would a lot of slashing in that movie. I thought that FvJ would have a bigger body count but still it was an ok movie.

I loved Freddy VS Jason (it's even in my Top Ten) but i don't think F V J 2  is good idea, 
No matter who's in it 

but i would like to see other Nightmare on elm street movie

I actually heard that they were talking about remaking Nightmare on Elm street did anybody else hear that? I guess its only a matter of time.

i heard it was going to be freddy vs jason vs ash (from evil dead) but for some reason  or another it fell  through. freddy vs jason was ok but i wasnt too keen on bringing the two horror legends together, it seemed a little lame to me and now freddy vs jason has been made i think its almost impossibe to have a sequel for nightmare on elm street  or friday the 13th, anyone agree?

nice! that would be so awsome if they redid nightmare on elm street. i never heard that before, but hopefully those rumors are true.

MindFuk wrote:

nice! that would be so awsome if they redid nightmare on elm street. i never heard that before, but hopefully those rumors are true.

Wow. I never thought I'd read that in my life.

lol thanks for that kruz. i know the nightmare on elm street series is not really a fan favorite, but freddy is a legend, and a remake could be intresting.

Mindfuk you probably are a good guy but I can't believe you are saying you want them to remake Nightmare on Elm street...........are you serious??????? leave the classic alone!

yah, i love that original, i just think a remake would be wicked.

yeah i heard that they were going to remake nightmare on elm st awhile ago. and i also heard that wes craven is getting kind of pissed off because so many of his movies are being remade, whether its true or not i dont know but if it is true i think it'd be understandable. bot an elm st remake would suck.

a nightmare on elm street remake would be great, well worth a watch but how ever good its made it will never compete with the original

wish we could see michael vs jason

I liked the First "Freddy vs. Jason".  I just don't think there is any need for a sequel.  Then again, do I ever?

i liked freddy vs jason but bringing the two of them together i was never too keen on, just seems too unreal

Now Chucky vs Leprachaun is a different story.  tongue

Last I heard of ANY Nightmare on Elm Street was a few months ago with John McNaughton apparently approached to do a prequel about Fred Kruger while he was still human.

But a remake?  Its like a remake of Posideon, only thing they can really do is give it sleeker FX and make it into some MTV music video with trippy dream sequences.  They should stop remaking, get some fresh scripts or remake films with great concepts but failed because of script and or production problems like A SOUND OF THUNDER.

I never thought I would live to see the day when a horror fan would say they would love to see a remake of such a genre classic.