Re: Freddy vs Jason 2

yeah but I think the people that say they like the remakes over the originals are too young to appreciate the classics or simply never have watched them

or the remake might be better

Liking remakes over originals is a very, very rare case.  Even for the younger folk, like myself.

Agreed to an extent Tim.  I'm only 19 and I can say I have never seen a remake that I think is better than the original.  Might have one or two things that are done better than the original as they might have had more budget or time but overall...never better.

Heck, I saw TCM remake before I saw the original and fell asleep several times during the remake.  Thought it was either a very bad remake or they copied the original film and the original film dispite all the press was bad.  Thankfully....it was only a very bad remake.  And could only get through the prequel by listening to the commentary.

Yet many of my group either think the remakes that are out are original films or that they are better as they are set in modern times, have sexier actors and actresses, look cooler etc.  Heck, caused a friend of mine at Borders some woe as she had a few folks return THE WICKERMAN original saying it wasn't the one with Cage and dispite her constant tries and even with them seeing the original...they refused to believe that Cage's was a remake...some thought the original was a rip off of Cage's film.

the remake of the hills have eyes is the only one i think is better then the original, 99% of remakes dont compare to the original but it can happen

How about "The Thing"?

Thats not a remake imo.

Its another adaptation of the original short story and a far more loyal one, staying much closer to it.

I doubt anyone will say Peter Jackson remade Ralph Bashki's LOTR adaptation.

Well, then it all comes down to a matter of opinion.  I know a lot of people that consider "The Thing" to be a remake, hence, the best remake they have ever seen.