Topic: Will Jason Live Yet Again?

just wondering if anyone thinks or has heard of a new jason movie comming out...prolly sounds doubtful, but jason x came out of nowhere

Re: Will Jason Live Yet Again?

i dunno but it'd be killer if they did. i dont know whats going on with the remake or whatever, i also heard it might be a prequel.

yeah i heard about the prequel, that would be very interesting, more so then another sequel i think

thats awsome..like i never heard anything myself..i juss wondered if anyone else had..i'm a jason fan for sure..so i'm looking forward to it

God I hope no more Jason hes not that scary anymore (never thought he was).  The only one that ever scared me was the 1st and he was not even in that. smile

What I heard from Fangoria about another Friday the 13th was that....wait for it.

A REMAKE BY MICHAEL BAY AND HIS MINIONS AT PLATNIUM DUNES

Course it would be with them...who else?  And they want Leibsman from TCM: Beginning to direct.

Well damn. This is just gonna be a rehash ot TCM: Beginning. Unless they give Jason some retarted backstory (even though he has a flawless one already) like his real parents are mutant pigs from space or some shit like that, or that Jason is actually Freddy's son after he got together with the bride of Chucky.

All that joking aside. I really hope that Michael Bay takes this in the right direction. I really don't wanna see another disaster remake from him. (the Hitcher comes to mind)

Also apparently with a Platnium Dunes remake they probably won't go for Kane Hodder but instead with Andrew Bryniarski *grumbles angerily*

Just hope at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards after its released they get the RIGHT Jason. *snarls at Hansen not being Leatherface at last years awards*

Umm dude....this is Michael Bay, guy only knows how to blow shiz up.  Doesn't know horror one bit.  What we will see is an MTV music video.  Form and Fuller both say that their big problem is either doing a full remake of the first film and the problem there is the fact everyone that knows Friday the 13th knows Mrs. Vorhees killed the kids and thus trying to remake it would be kinda lame or they would ahve to think of something different.  Or they do a remake/sequel with Jason as the killer. 

And the reason I say we will see a MTV music video as the last thing I read about the remake thing is that MTV wants in on it also.

From what I've heard the new Friday the 13Th will be a "reamanaging" of the first two original films which when Micheal Bay is involved I don't hold out hope for anything but another piece of shite.

There was actually a false report about Clarkson playing Mama Voorhees you can read it http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5705.html

since manhattan aside from Jason X the films have bombed, I beleive its a copyright issue between new line and paramount, I don't expect it anytime soon.

If Michael Bay is involved, please, count me out.

New Line bought not only the franchise but also the title Friday the 13th a while ago I believe.  So there isn't much of that sort of an issue I think but its possible Paramount might still own a small part of the first film, just enough to make New Line have to bring them on.

Dunno why, apparently Paramount really doesn't like the series for being so successful and being in the horror genre.

Last I heard Platnium Dunes (Bay's company), New Line, MTV (up in the air at the moment), and possibly Paramount are all gonna get behind whatever they wanna call their remake.  Dunes I think will be the production company as thats what they have done with all their films, make them then sell them to a studio for distribution.

Thanks for the update, I just read a article that it will most likely be a co production between them.

Aye.  And apparently Jonathan Leibsman is the person they want to direct.

Great! Another music video! (sarcasm)

why would they waste the money making a remake of friday the 13th? it seems utterly pointless. it isn't like it would be hard to write a new script. campers death done. don't forget the cheesey lines.

squidward wrote:

why would they waste the money making a remake of friday the 13th? it seems utterly pointless. it isn't like it would be hard to write a new script. campers death done. don't forget the cheesey lines.

hahah sorry "squidward"..it was just a thought

They would use the money on it squidward because they know they can make it for under 20million and it will make bank.  Enough said, its the reason why so many films have been remade.

if they really wanna make it cheap what they should do is follow in lucas's footsteps. forget reshooting the entire movie and just take the originals and upgrade the f/x. at least then we as fans don't need to worry about them ruining another good movie.

well, word is they are remaking the original Friday the 13th, same rumors on the original Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween. Well we all know Zombie is in control of Halloween.

freddy vs jason was an excellent way to end either franchise, we dont need another friday the 13th for petes sakes!!!!!

yah, like i said before..a sequel to Friday the 13th is pointless..cause..wut can you do with it..last they left off, he was in space..a prequel..it is possible..but there is gonna be a FVJ2..and if oyu seen the ending of FVJ, you can see how a part 2 is very possible.

I think an FVJ2 would be awesome! The only way they can continue FT13, based on where  Jason X left off, is if he floats to that space station from Leprechaun 4...

Freddy vs Jason vs Leprechaun vs Michael Bay

(now this'll be good) tongue

i thought the nightmare on elm st was gonna be a prequel not a remake. a prequel could be good. the only remake i am truly lookin forward to is night of the living dead. sure it has been remade a few times now but in 3d it should be awesome.

ResidentEvilRising wrote:

I think an FVJ2 would be awesome! The only way they can continue FT13, based on where  Jason X left off, is if he floats to that space station from Leprechaun 4...

Freddy vs Jason vs Leprechaun vs Michael Bay

(now this'll be good) tongue

haha i agree for the most part..no way they could continue FT13 after Jason X..FVJ2 is the only way Jason and Freddy could keep going...the 4 man rumble haha...thats a bit of a weird toss up..maybe they could go tag team..

Michael and Jason vs Freddy and Leatherface..that might be a good tilt.