Re: best decade of horror

I had to go with the 70's b/c there were so many of my favorites that come from this era. Tod's right. what happened to the silent era? especially the most famous out of them all Nosferatu which came out in 1922.

"Nosferatu" is one of my favorites.  smile

80's all the way.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

"Nosferatu" is one of my favorites.  smile

THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI? THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA? The list could go way on...DER GOLEM?The silent era is valid.

80's i like slasher movies

Remember Tod, I haven't seen that many movies from that particular time period.  Your gonna have to slow things down a bit.  smile

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Remember Tod, I haven't seen that many movies from that particular time period.  Your gonna have to slow things down a bit.  smile

Not a problem. It really will help you as a budding filmaker to study the history of horror. The real old stuff could give you something to tap into and give you an edge over the other guys.

I'm one step ahead of you.  This summer, I'm taking a horror film history class and a film studies class.

GREAT! Soon, you'll be telling me about the history. I'll love it. Put me in your film. Ha ha!

I can't beat the master.  wink

I loved the 80's cause it was my teen years in highschool and I loved all the slasher films that were out even the good cheesy ones like:

Slaughter High
Final Exam
Evil Laugh
Offerings
He Knows You're Alone
April Fools Day
My Bloody Valentine
Prom Night
Just Before Dawn
Splatter University
Intruder

and so on.....