Topic: Danielle Harris CYRUS Trailer

Ron666 a regular reader and contributor of news bits writes in to let us know that Danielle Harris posted the trailer for her new film Cyrus also starring Brian Kraus and Lance Henriksen. He also included the following synopsis;
A small independent ...

Read More : Danielle Harris CYRUS Trailer

Re: Danielle Harris CYRUS Trailer

Eh, the moive looks ok.... I might go watch it just because she was in the Halloween Franchise..:D

I love a good cannibal movie!  Hell, I love a bad cannibal movie!  Seriously, this looks like it could be pretty decent.  I'm going to have to look up the "true events" that "inspired" this flick.

I never by into the "true events" and even if they are true, it doesn't realy make it scarierto me. But this movie actually looks pretty decent, it looks creepy. I might rent it when it's out.

Decent trailer. A bit long though.

Yeah, well, I just looked up on the Inspired by true events and this is what I got:

“I mean there are a lot of Cyruses out there. Remember, when Albert says ‘At any given time the FBI says there are 30 to 50 serial killers operating in the US.’ That’s a real number.† And it is – as are all the other statistics and facts in Cyrus.

But, perhaps the best place to start is the beginning rather than the end. I had been doing a lot of research on serial killers for another project – and the real facts and stories of these people were absolutely horrifying. What makes them tick? Where do they come from? What they do to their victims and why? At the same time, I was driving to a horror convention in Minnesota to talk and passed by a creepy deserted farm house. The thought hit me – what if all the things I had been reading about took place in that house – it sent chills down my spine. So the next day I sat down and wrote a short story called “Roadkill† based on my research and the house – and that turned into Cyrus."

So, as expected, it was a compilation brought about by a group of crimes that may or may not have taken place at one place or another....

More bullshit.  I wish filmakers would quit this nonsense.  The Girl Next Door...Jack Ketchum wrote a novel based on real events. Two movies were made about said events.  Both were pretty damn good.  Bummer, I thought that maybe there was a good urban legend based on one particular individual.  Apparently not.  Oh well. smile

I think just for kicks, I'll put for GT:

"This film is not inspired by true events". lol

I don't think I'll be seeing this film, even though Danielle Harris, Lance Henriksen and Rae Dawn Chong are in it. It just reminded me of the Saw movies and other torture horror films.

Eh .. could be worthwhile , story looks like fairly interesting.

It seems a little under-funded to have Lance Henriksen and Danielle Harris in it, but the story is right up my alley!  I love a good serial killer show!  I'm off to find out what the "true story" was!