Topic: Autumn

by David Moody, has anyone read the book? What did you think?

Re: Autumn

whats it about?

I really enjoyed the book, but very disappointed in the movie.

I found an audio on line I am going to listen to. Why are all the paperbacks of his like 60 bucks on Amazon, ebay ect.??

This series by David Moody is AMAZING!! He also has some other novels out, Hater, Trust, Straight To You, they're all excellent.

floridapossum, you are correct, the movie is terrible!! very slow, characters are weak!!  The only good part of the whole 21/2 hours (it seemed) was David Carradine!! wow, I miss him as an actor, he has done some great work, and he was always able to convey creepiness!

If zombies ever did take over the world, I imagine it would be much like this story, Moody is really able to make you feel the quiet and isolation in a dead (or undead) world.  Also the progression of the "walkers" seemed a little more realistic than bodies just jumping up and starting to eat people, I really liked how these zombies more or less just crushed their victims with their sheer masses.
If you guys have not read these books, you really should, they're just great!

Haven't read the book or seen the film, but I'll keep my eye open for both.

Holy Batman!  Check out freaking price!

They must be OOP.  But it they're going for that much they'll be re-issued.  I would suggest checking out your local library.  (mine has most of 'em)

^^yes, it's ridiculous. But, if it doesn;t bother you, you can download the whole series.  PM me if you want the site, or I can even e-mail the whole thing to you!

saw the film and wasn't impressed, although it did have a couple of good moments, not read the book so can't comment on it but wasn't David Moody one of the producers of the film?

wolfman1959 wrote:

saw the film and wasn't impressed, although it did have a couple of good moments, not read the book so can't comment on it but wasn't David Moody one of the producers of the film?

yup! It was actually filmed not too far from my town, too bad it sucked!!

LadyZ wrote:
wolfman1959 wrote:

yup! It was actually filmed not too far from my town, too bad it sucked!!

part of the problem was the cast, Dexter Fletcher for christs sake!

I like lobster.  I have no idea what's going on.