Topic: Eli Roth says Hostel 2 is the Last

Eli Roth has announced that HOSTEL 2 will be the last ( via FilmStalker ), there will be no Hostel 3. This contradicts an earlier story by Variety where they announced Hostel 3 would be coming. But seeing as how things change in the movie biz more th...

Read More : Eli Roth says Hostel 2 is the Last

Re: Eli Roth says Hostel 2 is the Last

I knew it.  I knew that Eli Roth would eventually put his foot in.  I'm glad.  I can't see a "Hostel" film under the direction of anybody else.

hey Tim im not sure what your saying. I doubt Eli owns the rights to the film franchise, and no question the studio will make 3 if it even hints at a $ maker

There will be sequels for sure. Just wait. Just cause Eli Roth isn't going to direct any more of them doesn't mean there won't be anymore!

What I meant to say was that, I'm glad Eli Roth is going to stop at the second installment.  Even if there is a third, chances are, it wont be anything worth wild.  To me, "Hostel" isn't "Hostel" without Eli Roth.

I thought the first one was overrated...It was ok but really didn't do anything new and original.  Im getting a little tired of the straight torture trend in movies...there are other ways to scare people.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

To me, "Hostel" isn't "Hostel" without Eli Roth.

Amen.

Bulin wrote:

I thought the first one was overrated...It was ok but really didn't do anything new and original.  Im getting a little tired of the straight torture trend in movies...there are other ways to scare people.

agree

"Hostel" was most definately something new and original.  It happened to be released in 2006 where countless remakes and sequels were hitting us hard.  "Hostel" was almost like a breath of fresh air in the sense that torture films hadn't been done in a long time.  For it to hit theaters, was almost like a miracle.  Plus, I'd rather have a hardcore horror film, like "Hostel", be exposed rather than another "Scream" film or "I Know What You Did Last Summer".  Your certainly right, there are other ways to scare people, torturing victims just happens to be one of them.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

"Hostel" was most definately something new and original.  It happened to be released in 2006 where countless remakes and sequels were hitting us hard.  "Hostel" was almost like a breath of fresh air in the sense that torture films hadn't been done in a long time.  For it to hit theaters, was almost like a miracle.  Plus, I'd rather have a hardcore horror film, like "Hostel", be exposed rather than another "Scream" film or "I Know What You Did Last Summer".  Your certainly right, there are other ways to scare people, torturing victims just happens to be one of them.

I at least partly agree lets just hope part 2 doesn't blow it.

Trust me, I highly doubt that "Hostel: Part 2" will blow.  But, that's just my opinion.

I really hope that the guys in suits don't show him the check book because after that there would a statement from Eli Roth "They showed me the Hostel 3 script and it was awesome! These guys have really topped themselves" and stuff like that... I really hope that Hostel 2 is the last one for Eli and that he makes it better than the first one (which I found dissapointing).