Topic: Do you like the Saw film series?

I am just wondering this because I have been to a million different forums, and everybody has their different opinions on the Saw series. I would just like to see if likes or dislikes are greater on this forum.

Now, I for one love this film series. At first, I wasn't too thrilled with all of the sequels, but when I came to different forums with Saw fans that explained it to me, and when I began to see it in the films, I noticed that these films are very intelligent.

So, with that being said, please express how you feel about the series...

Re: Do you like the Saw film series?

I like the first movie but after that the only reason I watch the movies is for the traps and gore, but I don't actually like the movies and they even dissapoint on the levels I'm watching it for. I'm all for people's opinions so I'm not saying anything bad about people who like the movie just in my OWN opinion I don't care for the movies, but the first was pretty good tho.

Saw is overrated.

I have had Saw5 here for 3 weeks on bluray and I have no desire to watch it, which is a little weird... I guess I'm not interested....
Maybe inadvertently I am holding Saw responsible for all of the really bad torture horror films that have bombarded us over the past few years.

I liked the original "Saw".  S2 was a bit much, and from there it just went downhill.

I hate those films...all of them...I thought their "Dead Silence" film was ok...

I saw the first three in the theater I loved SAW, LIked SAW 2,  hated SAW 3 and never watched anymore cause i thought 3 was crap..

saw 1+2 were good but they should of left it there

Preposterous in its set-up. Pretentious in its merit. Piece of shit compared to the greats.

But I can understand why it excites 12 year-old boys -- I used to be one too. 

Thanks for the Poll, though. I obviously needed to get that off my chest.

Last edited by One Bad Seed (2009-07-13 09:49:28)

One Bad Seed wrote:

Preposterous in its set-up. Pretentious in its merit. Piece of shit compared to the greats.

But I can understand why it excites 12 year-old boys -- I used to be one too. 

Thanks for the Poll, though. I obviously needed to get that off my chest.

I'm not 12 and I'm damn sure I'm not a boy  tongue and like I said enjoyed the first 2 but the others go to far

the first rules
2 was alright, completely gave up at 4 - way too convoluted by that one

Jigsawrocks! wrote:

Now, I for one love this film series. At first, I wasn't too thrilled with all of the sequels, but when I came to different forums with Saw fans that explained it to me, and when I began to see it in the films, I noticed that these films are very intelligent.

I liked the 1st, thought the 2nd was boring & haven't seen the others cause i didn't like the 2nd. As far as having to have a film explained by someone, if that is the case the film makers are not doing there jobs right.

ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:
Jigsawrocks! wrote:

I liked the 1st, thought the 2nd was boring & haven't seen the others cause i didn't like the 2nd. As far as having to have a film explained by someone, if that is the case the film makers are not doing there jobs right.

Well, I don't mean somebody ACTUALLY explained it to me. I meant that I got it, and we discussed the series to get a better understanding of it.

I loved the first movie, I enjoyed the second, and I wanted to see where they were going with it for the remainder.  I'm a sucker for a good story, and what I thoroughly appreciated about the Saw franchise is that they held continuity.  Every loose end gets tied up somewhere or another. Character profiles are expanded upon, and in some cases, completed.  The kills are huge fun, I love the "what would you do" scenario.  I wanted to find something wrong with them, but I dig the hell out of the story. 

Someone told me, "I don't get it, I'm lost" after watching Saw V.  Of course, he lost track, because he watched the movies hoping for the story to be fed to him.  I got it, because I paid attention.  As the title character's name suggests (which I almost cringe to admit), if you look at it altogether as a whole, the pieces do fit together for a much bigger picture.

I hate all the Saw movies even the ones I haven't seen. smile

Cool, my Angry Salad is back!

Meh, I promise not to abuse the privilege.

The original only. Maybe it is a mish mash of older movies and trying to infuse a newer generation of people to it but it was different even if only a little. The buzz literally died because they stopped caring about the film imo. Tacking every character to Jigsaw's past in some way became VERY crass.

Believe it or not I actually smashed the 4th film to pieces it annoyed* me that much!

*Annoyed as been used because if I used the actual words I might get a few angry PMs. wink

LOL - agreed, 4 was a disaster, that was my final straw

Oh great, now we have to look forward to STRAW 2, The Final Chapter.  lol

The Quickening!

http://www.clubhats.com/images/LadiesHats/WomensStrawHat.jpg

So overall, i have no problem with the saw franchise, but i find that with each new installment the movie studio pushes out they take something away from the original and people now think that because the first one was so good why can't the rest be. but i guess that's how sequels go, they get further and further away from the original.

The first was alright.  The second was beating the proverbial dead horse, so I didn't watch any of the others.

The first Saw ruled, 2 and 3 weren't bad, 4 was only good because of Donnie Walburgh (spelling?) meeting his doom with those ice blocks.  5 was one of the worst movies i"ve ever seen and I know 6 will be just as bad

It's definitely Walburgh I don't think Aaron Spelling had a son called Donnie lol:lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for pointing that out, macho, you always have my back, lol