Re: Do you like the Saw film series?

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

Its sad that they keep on with the franchise.I'm openminded so I got enjoyment out fo each one so far, but enough is enough...

Yes, I do see your point, and I kind of do wish that VI was the last one. I like actually getting real opinions from people in a forum, whereas on Bloody-Disgusting or any other forum, they just automatically hate you because you like the series.

Thanks guys! smile

That's because HM is where the intelligent genre fans congregate.

On behalf of everyone, you're welcome, and no sweat.

Maybe they will eventually do a Saw X in outer space like Jason X  after all the series is getting ridiculous lol lol

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-07-22 21:17:18)

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Maybe they will eventually do a Saw X in outer space like Jason X  after all the series is getting ridiculous lol lol

Don't say those things.... That's like making a sequel for the atrocity that was Godzilla with Matthew Broderick....

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Don't say those things.... That's like making a sequel for the atrocity that was Godzilla with Matthew Broderick....

I can picture Saw X  taking place in the distant future where a robot Jigsaw takes over the killings and his nipples fall off  lol

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-07-22 21:23:27)

That truly is frightening.

lol:lol::lol:

I actually loved Jason X. I got such a kick out of it. it was so cheezy strange.

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-07-22 21:25:30)

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Don't jinks it!:D

Jigsawrocks! wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:

Don't jinks it!:D

Too late!

I can picture it now......

lol

Jigsawrocks! wrote:

... they just automatically hate you because you like the series.

Thanks guys! smile

See, here we just automatically hate everyone equally!  lol

edit- cool, my angry salad is back, again!

edit- now it's gone?

Last edited by azathoth (2009-07-22 22:10:35)

azathoth wrote:
Jigsawrocks! wrote:

... they just automatically hate you because you like the series.

Thanks guys! smile

See, here we just automatically hate everyone equally!  lol

edit- cool, my angry salad is back, again!

edit- now it's gone?

Good policy. big_smile

It's so relieving to see that other horror fans dislike the SAW series as much, if not more, than I do. The first one was good, yet, the sequels have tarnished the original for me and I'm pretty sure I will have to put SAW on the list of movies I never care to see again. They need to put this series to rest already and spend the time, money, and effort developing and producing other horror movies that aren't so predictable and tired.

^^^ Well said.

XombieLove wrote:

It's so relieving to see that other horror fans dislike the SAW series as much, if not more, than I do. The first one was good, yet, the sequels have tarnished the original for me and I'm pretty sure I will have to put SAW on the list of movies I never care to see again. They need to put this series to rest already and spend the time, money, and effort developing and producing other horror movies that aren't so predictable and tired.

Understandable. However, it does supply a general audience with what they like. As I have watched the series, I have seen how it keeps eventually tracing back to square one, which it will probably do in the last of the franchise.

Well, Saw VII has been confirmed and the guy from Saw V (David Hackl) is directing it. Also, so far from what I have heard and read, Saw VI is supposed to be one of the best Saw films, but they say that every year. smile(

TenderJane wrote:

I have had Saw5 here for 3 weeks on bluray and I have no desire to watch it, which is a little weird... I guess I'm not interested....
Maybe inadvertently I am holding Saw responsible for all of the really bad torture horror films that have bombarded us over the past few years.

If you want to hold a certain Saw movie responsible....then its Saw 2.

Though....if it helps, think of Saw 1,2,3 as one long as movie, because in a way...those first three films revolve around the character of Amanda, so its like a thiller/horror version of The Godfather or Star Wars (though not at great as those),,,and if you own Saw 5 and still haven't watched it, it might help to know that in that film, it has flashbacks the weave in and out of the first 4 films, which is actually pretty neat. Beside...as long as LionsGate keeps their word, number 6 is the final film....even if its a horror franchise, which never actually conclude. lol

Watch it or don't, make your choice.

Joe King don't want to scare you hun wink but they are already greenlighting a 7 & 8 for SAW. So I don't think it is ending any time soon, unfortunately hmmlol

I like the first three Saw films, but now the series is just getting really really stale. I like seeng the different death traps though.

I really like the first Saw but I find the rest have been pretty mediocre. I tend to tune in for the traps more than anything else now.

From what I heard today (I know someone that worked on #'s 5 & 6) they are talking about filming 7 & 8 at the same time and there's a good chance they'll be in 3D.

I have seen all 5 thus far, and will see 6, 7 & 8 when they make it to DVD.  There ain't no way in hell I would pay good money to see them in the theater however. 
I liked the original, especially how the whole concept came to be.  But even then, it is  completely unrealistic to think that the entire scenario could have played out exactly as the mastermind planned, while he played dead on the floor between his victims.  Then in each of the sequels, more accomplices are added, that somehow don't know about one another, and the plots become more and more convoluted.  Yet in each, all of the players do exactly what they are anticipated to do, and everything works out exactly as it was planned.  Tell me that happens in real life?!
So clearly ther is much that I dislike about the series, but then, there is also something that interests me enough to continue to watch the films.

Ive watched the first 4 films in the series and lost interest. It should have been left a trilogy.

First one was okay, I hated the 2nd, found the 3rd even worse.... Didnt check out the others. In a whole, i found it craptactular. To each his own.

I'm a huge fan of the series. I have seen only one of them in the theatres, but will definately see the rest. I just love the series. I know they aren't any masterpieces, but I just love the films. Apart from the quality of the movies, we have to admit that they're pretty clever and intelligent. The 1st one had a brilliant plot. In my opinion 2,3,4 were just all about the gore. But the 5th had also a great scenario and less gory scenes. That's why I can't wait for the 6th.

Puppymonster wrote:

saw 1+2 were good but they should of left it there

Probably true,unfortunately Hollywood has an tendency   to beat movie series's to death.You only have to look at Friday the 13 and A nightmare on elm street.

I think it's great that I am old enough to follow. I was only in grade school when most of the other franches were released, such as Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Strert. I like now taht I am old enough to enjoy a franchse such as SAW. I think it was very innovative and original scriptwriting and I was hooked as soon as I saw the trailer for the first one and have been hooked ever since.

With that being said, in my opinion, the best ones out of the series thus far were SAW II and III. I especially liked the interaction between Jigsaw and Det. Matthews in the second one  and Tobin Bell's brilliant potrayal really sold me. I wasn't teh biggest fan of the fourth one and thought five was nothing more that a way to tie up loose ends more than anything else. If I were to think logically, I think this sixth one would be, to me, the logical one to end the franchse with...to find out what is in the mysterious box helfd by Jigsaw's ex wife...to see Det. hoffamn get his comeuppance...anything more than that is just whoring out the franchise and might make me question whether I continue to follow it going forward.

Last edited by joe91074 (2009-09-30 19:21:34)