Topic: How do you like your zombies?

I've seen many kinds of zombies. The color of the eye(s) being black, white, red, normal-human-color or even without eyes. I've also seen zombies that look like wounded humans and zombies that look like they've rotten for quite a while. Also I've seen many reasons as to why zombies appeared.

So how do you like your zombies?

I like zombies that look like they've been rotting for a lot of time, therefore they have practically no organs or skin. And the reason they started I like the most is some kind of magic bringing the already dead people in the cemetaries back to life.

How about you?

Re: How do you like your zombies?

I liked the way the zombies looked in Zack Synders' Dawn of the Dead(04) but I want them to be the slow moving zombies of Romeros' films. The look of the zombies in the new Planet Terror movie in Grind House, with the whole burn and boil look...looks promising.

i liked the zombies from return of the living dead and i also llked how they came back when they burnt the one zombie in the crematorium and then it started to rain and the chemicala all went down into the graves.

I like my zombies DEAD tongue

I like my zombies, well, think "The Return of the Living Dead".

How about the reason they became zombies? To my eyes the more popular is drug testing gone wrong but I've already said that my favorite is by magic o something extremely supernatural.

I like my zombies REALLY hungry...the dead white fish eye look is kewl, lots of decompostion, the jaw and mouth area where part of the lips are gone and you get to see alot of ucky teeth, peeling eaten away flesh. tattered clothes, flannel shirts work well on zombies:) dragging some intestines is a nice flair, lots of groaning its just creepy.
lurching shambling walk, I love it when some actors can almost twist that foot completely around and walk. grabbing with arms outstretched ...........

i like just about any zombies smile

Meh wrote:

i like just about any zombies smile

Good answer but don't you have a favorite?

hmm its tough, i really like alot of different zombie angles. frankly my fav is romero's from the night remake, runner up would be zach's in dawn of the dead 2005, they were spooky.

I'll second that, Meh.  The zombies in the Savini NIGHT remake were the only really scary ones to me, as they actually LOOKed loke freshly dead folks and not just people in makeup.

A close second would have to be the zombies from "Dead Alive".

I like the classic slow ones without the over the top effects.

Slow or fast is another story.  But, if that's the case, I like them slow and classic.

I also like them slow with that weird walking.

Zombies come in so many different stages of decay. My favorite are the most rotted ones, but I still like the whatever in between that the film maker gives us

Over Easy with Oktoberfest Sausage and a Heineken!

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-03-02 00:11:16)

I just like zombies.  Period.  I don't care where they come from.  I don't care why they're hungry, just so long as they're hungry.  I don't care if they run, walk, stumble or crawl.  I'll take zombies any way I can get 'em.  I don't care if they're freshly dead or rotting corpses or anywhere in between.  I just likes 'em.

I too, like zombies in all different shapes and sizes.  I just think that they were meant to be slow and stupid.  After all, there dead.

So you love your zombies without discrimination.

Uh, what?

I had a fever when I wrote that. Forget it.

I like the classic slow and stupid zombies.  Having them just being a slowly progressing doom that is relentless in its pursuit of brains is very unnerving to me.  Sure we can run faster than them and outthink them but they are NEVER going to stop coming after us.

I'm currently reading Zombie Wars by Max Brooks.  For those zombie fans, I strongly recommend it.  It collects stories from different people who have survived the war on zombies and how the stupid, slow ones almost wiped out the entire world.  It brings up the question of being able to win a battle but do you have the stamina to win a war.

kevinj4 wrote:

I like the classic slow and stupid zombies.  Having them just being a slowly progressing doom that is relentless in its pursuit of brains is very unnerving to me.  Sure we can run faster than them and outthink them but they are NEVER going to stop coming after us.

I'm currently reading Zombie Wars by Max Brooks.  For those zombie fans, I strongly recommend it.  It collects stories from different people who have survived the war on zombies and how the stupid, slow ones almost wiped out the entire world.  It brings up the question of being able to win a battle but do you have the stamina to win a war.

thankx kevinj4 gonna check that out:)

I liked the Night of the Living Dead 1990 zombies. Slow, and weak shamblers. I liked zombies like in Dawn of the Dead 2004, especially Andy when he had his head blown off.