Topic: Wrong turn 2

any idea when this movie will be released, and its going straight to dvd right?  seen the trailer, looks interesting, also liked the first one, not great but worth watchen again.

Re: Wrong turn 2

its to be released spring 2007

the trailer is on TerrorFeed.com and it looks HORRIBLE

I liked the first "Wrong Turn".  But, the sequel looks pretty crappy.  The trailer does, at least.  I'm diggin' the cast though... Crystal Lowe and Henry Rollins.  Nice.

yea me to tim i loved the first one.

Yeah the first one was great and am hoping the second one will be too. I'm goin to watch it right now...

I haven't watched the first one but the trailer of part 2 is horrible.

From what I saw in the trailer it looks exactly like the first one but way lower budget and bad acting. Although the gore actually didn't look that bad.

I heard that its going to be released on March 27th atleast we don't have to wait to long to see it.

skfan wrote:

From what I saw in the trailer it looks exactly like the first one but way lower budget and bad acting. Although the gore actually didn't look that bad.

Yeah, that's what I was going to mention.  The gore will probably be the only thing that keeps this film together.  Crystal Lowe, too.  big_smile

So, gore and hot babes it's enough to forgive all the other mistakes?

Mmm... in depends on the movie. If I had high expectations, obviously I couldn't ignore all the mistakes. But if I don't care about the movie, bring on the babes!

I loved the first wrong turn! Dont know about a 2nd one though?hmmm will have to wait and see. Howva if Texas CHain SAw can do it.......

It's not being released in theatres in Canada here :-( It's being released on DVD in October. Erika Leershen is in it! I like her, she was in TCM the remake as pepper & Blair Witch 2. I guess they don't think it will make much in the box office so it's going straight to DVD....I WILL SEE IT THOUGH!

Here cover for Wrong Turn 2
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … verArt.jpg

Yeah, we got that a while ago.  Looks pretty cool.

i remember seeing a thread on this a while back. looking forward to this

I loved the firts Wrong Turn but something tells me that this sequel is gonna stink. Henry Rollins hasn't been in too many decent films.

I've come to really look forward to this sequel.  Henry Rollins is the man and I have faith in Joe Lynch.

Meh wrote:

the trailer is on TerrorFeed.com and it looks HORRIBLE

wow... : \ i didn't really like the first one much, but thats just me

Yea Joe Lynch from what I have seen seems to be a really cool guy.. So I have pretty high hopes for this movie.. We shall see..

First off, I have to say that I loved Wrong Turn. To me, it was the TRUE throwback to late 70's/early 80's horror that so many movies have tried to be recently. And it actually had better acting that most of it's ilk...Though the best actor dies first, but hey.

When I heard that this sequel was DTV I was bumbed. We all know the stigma that goes with DTV, though in recent years, it's really been improving. Well Wrong Turn 2: Dead End both lives up to that stigma and breezes by it.

The first and foremost of the bad is the script. It's pretty much an endless string of set pieces thinly tied to a "reality TV" plot. It's a shame too, because there are some truly original and twisted scenes in this movie. But man, the dialogue is WRETCHED. Every single line of dialogue is terrible. It's made that much worse by some of the worst acting I've seen in a long time. Not only was it bad, but grating as well. Everyone is annoying as hell in their respective "types" and none of them are convincing. Not even Henry Rollins, who if the movie had been taken seriously, would have worked but seeing as how most of the movie is done for laughs (though it's not funny) his role is that much sillier. And I was kind of embarrassed for him.

Sounds like I hated it, right? Well I didn't. Why? Because the action and horror elements of the film are about 80% great. The people who die and when they die is almost constantly a surprise and it's all shot reasonably well. Joe Lynch shows some real talent for this stuff. Now he just needs better material and actors.

The gore is satisfying as well and there are some truly twisted and original spins on familiar death scenes. Though the final confrontation and resolution was pretty dire.

It's too bad they didn't try for a more serious tone like the first film. This might have been great movie. Instead it's a pretty bad movie with some good or great scenes in it.

8/10-horror elements
4/10-everything else

6/10

Last edited by N2NOther (2009-08-22 11:42:58)

good post you should submit a review of the film!

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I've come to really look forward to this sequel.  Henry Rollins is the man and I have faith in Joe Lynch.

HELL YEAH hank rollins is the man !! and altho this doesnt have eliza dushku in the sequel (my best homer voice-eliza dushkuuuuu *droool*).ill still check it out and hope hank doesnt get killed as bad as feast.in true reality hank would get attacked by crazy hillbillies and he would kick the ever loving shit outta them

N2NOther wrote:

First off, I have to say that I loved Wrong Turn...To me, it was the TRUE throwback to late 70's/early 80's horror that so many movies have tried to be recently...And it actually had better acting that most of it's ilk...Though the best actor dies first, but hey...

When I heard that this sequel was DTV I was bumbed...We all know the stigma that goes with DTV, though in recent years, it's really been improving...Well Wrong Turn 2: Dead End both lives up to that stigma and breezes by it...

The first and foremost of the bad is the script...It's pretty much an endless string of set pieces thinly tied to a "reality TV" plot...It's a shame too, because there are some truly original and twisted scenes in this movie...But man, the dialogue is WRETCHED....Every single line of dialogue is terrible...Mad that much worse by some of the worst acting I've seen in a long time...Not only was it bad, but grating as well...Everyone is annoying as hell in their repsective "types" and none of them are convincing....Not even Henry Rollins, who if the movie had been taken seriously, would have worked but seeing as how most of the movie is done for laughs (though it's not funny) his roll is that much sillier...And I was kind of embarassed for him...

Sounds like I hated it, right? Well I didn't...Why? Because the action and horror elements of the film are about 80% great...The people who die and when they die is almost constantly a surprise and it's all shot reasonably well...Joe Lynch shows some real talent for this stuff...Now he just needs better material and actors...

The gore is satisfying as well and there are some truly twistedly original spins on familiar death scenes...Though the final cofrontation and resolution was pretty dire...

It's too bad they didn't try for a more serious tone like the first film...This might have been great movie...Instead it's a pretty bad movie with some good or great scenes in it....

8/10-horror elements
4/10-everything else

6/10

Good post, i agree with you but  didn't think the acting was bad, i thougth the acting was really good.

Gotta see this - even if it seems kinda..well..not very good. But since I liked the first, I'll give the second one a chance.