Re: Wrong turn 2

Meh wrote:

good post you should submit a review of the film!

Thanks...How do I do that?

In your MorgueSpace, click on Write a Review link and then you can write and submit your review.

I've been reading some reviews of this lately that have said it's the best direct-to-dvd in a long time so I think I'll check it out.  I really liked the first one and I agree can't go wrong with Rollins.

I thought the first one was pure gold and I loved it.  This one doesn't look as good but if i get the chance, I just might check it out.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2804.htm
My Review for wrong turn 2

Last edited by BASSI (2007-10-12 13:01:18)

N2NOther wrote:

First off, I have to say that I loved Wrong Turn...To me, it was the TRUE throwback to late 70's/early 80's horror that so many movies have tried to be recently...And it actually had better acting that most of it's ilk...Though the best actor dies first, but hey...

When I heard that this sequel was DTV I was bumbed...We all know the stigma that goes with DTV, though in recent years, it's really been improving...Well Wrong Turn 2: Dead End both lives up to that stigma and breezes by it...

The first and foremost of the bad is the script...It's pretty much an endless string of set pieces thinly tied to a "reality TV" plot...It's a shame too, because there are some truly original and twisted scenes in this movie...But man, the dialogue is WRETCHED....Every single line of dialogue is terrible...Mad that much worse by some of the worst acting I've seen in a long time...Not only was it bad, but grating as well...Everyone is annoying as hell in their repsective "types" and none of them are convincing....Not even Henry Rollins, who if the movie had been taken seriously, would have worked but seeing as how most of the movie is done for laughs (though it's not funny) his roll is that much sillier...And I was kind of embarassed for him...

Sounds like I hated it, right? Well I didn't...Why? Because the action and horror elements of the film are about 80% great...The people who die and when they die is almost constantly a surprise and it's all shot reasonably well...Joe Lynch shows some real talent for this stuff...Now he just needs better material and actors...

The gore is satisfying as well and there are some truly twistedly original spins on familiar death scenes...Though the final cofrontation and resolution was pretty dire...

It's too bad they didn't try for a more serious tone like the first film...This might have been great movie...Instead it's a pretty bad movie with some good or great scenes in it....

8/10-horror elements
4/10-everything else

6/10

great review i just watched this and i agree 100%

wow wrong turn 2 thread.. i wanna watch this movie.. i think wrong turn 2 was out straight on dvd last October 9..

i just watched that movie yesterday and loved it. the first one is better, but this one is still awesome

This movie was rather blah! for me. Didnt like it really. Maybe it shoulda been a different movie and not Wrong Turn Dead End. Maybe they should have spiced up Henrys role and made it a black comedy......but they didnt. I had problems with the story line progression. Cannibals who sit at their dinner table grunt something with only an audible Amen and have a hill-billy version of table manners. Loads of cars and dead people so that A) they either ate a lot or B) they had sorted out the meat storage thing. None of these cars/people where searched for and although the wild-life no longer existed the plant life was thriving. And the Rollins thing well enough said (actually wont say for those who havent seen it--needless to say-wrong executive decision) I know you are thinking that I expect too much... but all these cannibal toxic hill billy stuff is getting so samey that I tend to meld one into the other (like Hills 2) and I am getting a bit over the ending after the end sorta thing... that too is getting a bit lazy and over cooked

I really enjoyed the first movie, so I was really eager to see the sequel. I suppose having high expectations always gives you a bigger let down if the movie isn't the best in the first place. But even though it seemed like a cheap production, I still really enjoyed it. But i think thats only because it had ongoing gore, that kept me going and I think without that the movie would have failed all other aspects. But I really enjoyed watching it, although i prefer the first by a mile.

I am a big fan of the first one and i have just seen the second one.... um what can i say.... dont take it too seriously and dont expect it to be better than the first one or have oscar winning scripts or performances and you will enjoy it.
Overall i enjoyed how silly it was especially Henry in Arnie mode! oh and how could i forget Crystal Lowe