Topic: Feast is Finally Hitting DVD. Excited?

Goon posted that Feast is coming to DVD, quote:

More good news is on the way. Finally Jon Gulager's Feast will be released theatrically on September 22. Now I'm not sure how wide of a release the film will be getting though. I'm afraid they may pull a "Venom" and do no promotion and release the film in about 500 theatres and forget about it.

The ideal release for this film would have been about a year ago right after Project Greenlight aired. It had everyone hyped for the film and ready to go check it out. Now one year later and most of the mainstream fans have probably forgotten the movie exists. Well I have high hopes for the film and everyone I have heard from that has seen the movie says its fantastic. Now we play the waiting game until the release on September 22nd.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5979.html

I did not watch project greenlight, so i have no idea if its going to be any good. Any thoughts on this?

Re: Feast is Finally Hitting DVD. Excited?

I am excited, I watched all the Greenlight episodes and despite the ususal hassles going on it seemed like everything fell into place. 

I am nervous as I think FEAST will get the bare bones DVD treatment with 'Trailers', 'Scene Selection', 'Subtitle', and 'Animated Menus' listed as its special features.  I am trying not to think that but hard not to.

I am hoping that the DVD comes with the complete season of Project Greenlight as its making of documentary, that would be perfect and maybe a bit more stuff to round it out like stuff that was removed cause of the show's running time.  Or if the Weinstiens dont' wanna do that, the very least they can do is with every copy of the DVD is a coupon for like 10-15% off the Project Greenlight 'FEAST' season...if that ever comes to DVD.

I think they will definetly have a making-of feature that will probably be a "best of" from the Project Greenlight season.. I'm just mad at the way the Weinsteins have mishandled this movie. I really hope I get to see it in theatres and not just get the DVD..

Well if its true, and I've no reason to doubt it, that Feast will only get a limited release; I won't be able to see it in theaters.  So bring on the DVD!  As I expressed some time ago I am hoping for a good multi-disk set with all the trials an tribulations of the Project Greenlight series.  They could probably summerize the project pick part of the PG season as most of that isn't what us horror fans care about.  Another cool extra would be the short film Gulager did to win the contest.

I'm pretty sure it won't be showing around here if limited release, but I've been psyched about this one for quite a while.  I'll definitely be buying the dvd and hoping that they have some decent extras from the show on it.  I just love that Gulager guy.

Last edited by Tina12312 (2006-07-28 17:41:10)

Shawn spoke to the director of feast and got some specifics on the reshoots for feast.
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9456.html

Smoking hot new review of FEAST, sounds like its a movie we dont want to miss out on!
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2148.htm

Yeah Feast was really great, I think everyone is going to be really happy and pleasantly surprised by how good it is. I think it's kinda cool how they're releasing it nationwide for midnight showings and then putting it on DVD a couple weeks later because it gives you the option to decide if you want to spend the money on the tickets, or just buy the DVD (or rent it). Should also cut down on the amount of bootlegging...at least here in New York.

You catch is in a sneak preview?

Well I wouldn't call it a "nationwide" release considering its not playing one date in my entire state. The Weinsteins must really like to piss me off..

lol, what state are you in?

Yeah, I caught it at the sneak. Lots of people there cracking up, hooting and hollering during the whole thing. One of those movies that you have a good time seeing in a crowded theater.

what zoidberg went to was invitation only. Part of the perks for writing for me is you get to see stuff early and fREE smile

way to out me Meh smile

and I got free pop and corn

Last edited by Dr. Zoidberg (2006-09-19 16:36:59)

haha yes i know im a bastard smile Dr. Zoidberg writes for me.. and enjoys free movies, pop and corn lol.

lucky

I totally am in Skidog and Tina's camp, I CANNOT wait to see FEAST.
I hope they do put a Gulager intro//ect. extra on the dvd.
Dr. Zoidberg free pop and CORN now there's the life:)

This is a movie that I have been waiting to see for a long time.  Its not a too complex movie, i mean bar attacked by flying demon things...what more could you want?  This, along with many more I have said, are must buy's for me.  I'm thinkin' some good gory fun awaits us.

when you guys do see it be sure to pitch in your own reviews so that we can all get a good feel for how this film is. Considering Dr. Zoidberg gave it a 10 / 10 I am stoked!

Yeah I was floored that I actually gave it a 10/10 because I'm pretty picky about which films I go bonkers for...but I'm convinced I made the right decision. It's virtually flawless, and when it's over I coudn't point to anything you would want changed. It's totally 100% buyable and something I would throw into heavy rotation in my DVD player, and like I said...it got me excited about horror after all the letdowns of the last year or so.

There are supposed to be some midnight showings in my area so barring police intervention I will have a review of this movie fairly soon of course I will have to pay for my own pop corn but that's o.k. After all the good words put out about this movie and finally seeing the trailer I am sporting wood to see it. I will let you guys know all about the show.

i know im looking forward to seeing your review. its now playing where i am at or i would see it to.

Yea I live in Ohio.. You'd think they would at least screen it in Cleveland or Columbus. Oh well.. I'll just have to wait til the DVD hits.. I've been waiting for this one forever.. I watched the entire Project Greenlight show and even before that I wanted to see the movie because I heard they were going with a horror script for the show..

Yeah that's pretty lame that they won't be showing it in your state, considering Ohio has a ton of people in it. Maybe that's punishment for throwing the last election to the republicans? But I digress. I missed the Project Greenlight show--watching too many Roseanne reruns I guess--but now I want to watch to see what happens next year. Horror is a great genre to boost because, as Feast proves, you can make a damntastic film for virtually NO cash (in Hollywood standards...Feast was made for 3 million)...you could probably make your money back and then some based only on DVD rental/sales.

Another feast review that re-affirms what Dr. zoidberg is saying. Its kick ass!
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_review … hp?id=3224

This movie looks to be just as kick ass (If not more so) than The Decent, BTW is Wes Craven haveing anything to do with Feast? i heard that somewhere.