Topic: Dorian Gray Movie Trailer

Below you can checkout the trailer for Dorian Gray. Dorian Gray is of course the man who never ages and has committed unspeakable evils. The problem with this new trailer is I am not sure who they are catering to. Dorian Gray is a demon inside, and a...

Read More : Dorian Gray Movie Trailer

Re: Dorian Gray Movie Trailer

The trailer still does not tell us much other than hes immortal?

Anyone else have a problem with the trailer running at about 2x speed?  Nice and quick and all, but pretty much useless.

azathoth wrote:

Anyone else have a problem with the trailer running at about 2x speed?  Nice and quick and all, but pretty much useless.

Yeah, Im having the same problem.

I've always liked the 1945 film with George Sanders. It does have a large romantic element, as written by Oscar Wilde, and a gay subtext. Gaydom is evil, of course, and is part of Dorian's transformation into evil. If this new one is anything like the old one it should be good. It's a good story.

I never saw the original one but i've seen the European remake that was on BCC Television and i thought it was pretty good. Saw the trailer and not really impressed by this new one but its still a little too early to tell.

One: I hate the speed! Sorry but that was ridiculous. I'm trying to watch the trailer but moving at that speed it was hard to keep my focus on it and Two: Can someone explain what this movie is centred around? I understand mystique, I get trying to keep everyone curious but there is a fine line between being mysterious and overly done. It was not interesting and to be fair the thought of a romance in this does put me off slightly.

I hope this is not a bad film but they will not win awards for trying to achieve the unachieveable, give us a simple proper trailer and I might be more courteous in my response. Sigh hmm

If they stay true to the story the romantic element is essential. Women treated badly, suicides, unrequited love, betrayed friendships,false marriage with evil secrets, etc. Telling a story about a life and other connected lives of grown up people is impossible without including the sexual and romantic complications.

this does look a little shaky LOL

I personally gravitate toward the 1970 version with Helmut Berger - it's campy, sexy fun
Maria Rohm and Marie Liljedahl definitely help matters too smile

It went double time for me too. It reminds me of a BBC made for TV movie...

Yeah, the double time works in snippets, but not as a whole.  I didn't see any gay subtext, and if there was any, I wouldn't care.  It doesn't matter, a good story is a good stoyr.  I love this tale, and look forward to it.

I look forward to this as it looks very Gothic and Oscar Wilde tells a great story. Hope that the script lives up to the book.

I don't know he looks kind fruity but it may be suprisingly good.

It's a good story and has been a good movie before. We'll see.

the before times were swell weren't they fred? lol

Right on Dead, I suppose this time Dorian will be a high school cheer boy? and the nerd chick and the jock will die before the super tough 98 pound chick saves the world with her super powers.

just like in the painting!! LOL

nice one

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-07-27 22:33:21)

Fixed yet?  It's a nice story, but I can't tell what's going on in the trailer.

The clip works fine on youtube , dont know much about the story but must admit it looks good.