Topic: Rob Zombie Talks Halloween 2

In an interview with MoviesOnline Rob Zombie spilled the beans on his new film Halloween 2. Right off the bat he is once again making the point its not a remake.. its his own animal.

My Halloween 2 has nothing to do with their Halloween 2 [ John ...

Read More : Rob Zombie Talks Halloween 2

Re: Rob Zombie Talks Halloween 2

He'll be back... just like he didn't want to do H2, and here we are.

Captainhoodoo wrote:

He'll be back... just like he didn't want to do H2, and here we are.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I think that's why he said "I don't think" at the end of that statement. You know I absolutely couldn't stand the last one but excluding the one sheets and snap shots I'm seeing from this one so far it actually looks pretty decent and I'm willing to give him ONE more chance. I'm one of the biggest Halloween fans period so I'll keep seeing Halloween movies as long as they make them whether they are shit or not. I have to admit though, I don't think any Halloween can be as bad as Halloween: Resurection.

I was ALSO just going to say that. LOL!
Notice how much more careful he is in THIS interview about addressing his possible involvement in future Halloween films.
I can see where he is coming from though. I probably wouldnt want to think about another film either, especially not before seeing how people react to this one. I hope the remake storyline is done although wasnt it reported a while ago that Tyler, Malcolm, and Scout were all signed on for 3 films?
Perhaps Im one of very few but Id be content with seeing direct to dvd sequels continuing the original franchise storyline as long as they handle them with care. Perhaps its selfish but I want more Michael. Hes my favorite and Id love to see him continue his slash-fest.

Besides, I wont be happy until hes taken out Busta Rhymes.

Last edited by Ron666 (2009-07-30 09:44:41)

Here's my question...as I'm sure most of you know there are two versions of the ending of Rob's first Halloween film...which ending will the sequel be starting from?  I don't think that has been touched upon...I mean, at the end of the directors cut Michael seems dead with his sister blowing his brains out...then thers the ending where the cops blow him away...either way he seemed pretty dead at the end of the film...is he a supernatural being now?  We really didn't get that feel in the first film in my opinion...any thoughts?

Aidan13 wrote:

Here's my question...as I'm sure most of you know there are two versions of the ending of Rob's first Halloween film...which ending will the sequel be starting from?  I don't think that has been touched upon...I mean, at the end of the directors cut Michael seems dead with his sister blowing his brains out...then thers the ending where the cops blow him away...either way he seemed pretty dead at the end of the film...is he a supernatural being now?  We really didn't get that feel in the first film in my opinion...any thoughts?

By the looks of the trailer, it looks like they will start H2 from the Director's Cut ending, as you see Laurie wondering around and Sheriff Brackett find her.  She is saying "I shot him" and he asks, "Who did you shoot?"  So I'm assuming it starts from the end of the Director's Cut.  Also, you never actually see her blow Michael's brains out.  You only see blood spatter her face, so in the movie world, he could very well survived it.

As remember seeing Halloween when I was small and it absolutely terrifying me I'll always love the original. I am a fan of rob zombie's movies however and went in to his movie expecting that. I guess I might be the only one but I actually enjoyed his take on the franchise. It was far from perfect but it could have been much worse in my eyes.

Needless to say I'm pretty stoked for his H2.  Less pressure this time around as we already know what his halloween vision is like and I think it's going to be a blast. smile

Just my two pennies.

Rob Zombie has his finger on the pulse of what's good, bad, and or edgy in the horror genre. I have complete confidence that he will NEVER put out your typical Bullshit Hollywood cheap scare crap movie that Hollywood puts out 9 out of 10 times... if he chooses to stay the coarse or change the movie completely, I know damn well that when I am done watching it I will be satisfied...He doesn't make the 5 way too good looking teens on a fcken camping trip movies just for the sake of sucking in the young under 21 crowd to make the studio a ton of cash type of horror mainstream movie, even though the movie might be mainstream in name.... he just doesn't do it... He does it for the love of the genre... good for him... good for us.

I'd like to see a RZ write and direct a comedy... lol

One month to go. Looking forward to this. It and District 9 are the only movies left this summer that I must see. The rest can wait for DVD.

amethystvenom wrote:

As remember seeing Halloween when I was small and it absolutely terrifying me I'll always love the original. I am a fan of rob zombie's movies however and went in to his movie expecting that. I guess I might be the only one but I actually enjoyed his take on the franchise. It was far from perfect but it could have been much worse in my eyes.

I too am a HUGE fan of the original and I remember seeing it when I was about 8 and I had to sleep with my lights on for a month. I have to admit I was HIGHLY disappointed with RZ's Halloween though. I was all about the idea of having an origin story behind Michael but I think he did it poorly and it was too cliche. He made Michael seem too human instead of "pure evil" and I didn't like that at all. I am still going to see H2 and I think so far it looks pretty decent and I'm REALLY hoping it's better than the last one.

I have a lot of faith in Rob Zombie. I have very high hopes for this movie.

Watch this interview and get more of a feel on how he views Halloween. I like his films and I do like his Halloween, but come on Rob, you said you were a fan.
About Halloween II: "I can't even remember what that movie is like. The whole movie takes place in a hospital, girl gets killed in a hot tub, and all this silly stuff like that..."

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEEyjMHG3qODIH

I look forward to RZ's Halloween II, but I don't like that in a few different interviews I've seen and read he sort of appears to not really be that big of a Halloween fan.

Well I guess I'm glad they are going to start the film from the end of the Director's cut as I liked that version of the film better.  Thanks MacheteMassacre !  I am looking forward to this film though I am still not a fan of the bag lady look they are going with for Michael Myers...

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Watch this interview and get more of a feel on how he views Halloween. I like his films and I do like his Halloween, but come on Rob, you said you were a fan.
About Halloween II: "I can't even remember what that movie is like. The whole movie takes place in a hospital, girl gets killed in a hot tub, and all this silly stuff like that..."

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEEyjMHG3qODIH

I look forward to RZ's Halloween II, but I don't like that in a few different interviews I've seen and read he sort of appears to not really be that big of a Halloween fan.

He isnt a fan of the Halloween franchise. He is a fan of the original film. He discussed that in an interview. Yes he is a fan of Halloween. Hes not a fan of the franchise. The only one that mattered to him was the original.

Ok, he makes some nice movies, but dear CrispyPops is he a PR whore!

Last edited by azathoth (2009-07-31 05:45:04)