Topic: The Host (2007)

The Host is Now Online
i could not wait untill monday to get on dvd
but if you can't wait until Friday

The Host.Perfect Quality, UK Subs

Enjoy

REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Re: The Host (2007)

Thanx for the heads up but I think I'll wait for the DVD.

What about the theater? smile

http://www.magpictures.com/dates.aspx?i … 6c733385e6

From what I've heard it won't be getting a very wide release so I don't think I'll be able to see it any where near where I live. But hey I guess I can always hope.

skfan wrote:

From what I've heard it won't be getting a very wide release so I don't think I'll be able to see it any where near where I live. But hey I guess I can always hope.

if you check that link it has all the the theater locations.

Today, when I was watching TV, the trailer popped up for "The Host".  I'll actually get to see it on the big screen, this friday.  I can't wait.

Its actually gonna be in a theater near me.  So if I ain't working on Friday...I am so gonna see that and 300.

yeah I want to see 300 too it looks awesome.

I don't think they'll show it on mexican theaters. I'm gonna have to wait for the DVD.

And yeah 300 is definetly gonna kick ass. It'll probably be released here in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Kruz (2007-03-05 01:52:17)

It just comes down to, which one to see first.  "The Host" or "300"?  I'm leaning more towards "300" but I'll end up seeing both next weekend.

I wasn't lucky enough to see it in the theater; does anyone know how long it will take to release on dvd to US?  Really want to see this one.

You can get a great iso. version of it off the internet right now to hold you over until it comes out on dvd smile

Thank you skfan!

Last edited by Tina12312 (2007-05-05 12:13:24)

Well I bought The Host 2 disc dvd yesterday and watched it last night.

I was greatly disappointed in it. Even though the creature CGI was decent it looked like a deformed tad pole and the characters in it were absolutely horrible and stupid.

Was this film suppose to be funny? Cause it looked like it but I didn't laugh once. I did not like this film at all and wished I had not bought the dvd now.

"The Host" is a fantastic monster movie.  Something we haven't seen in years.  I still haven't picked up the DVD, but I will eventually.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

"The Host" is a fantastic monster movie.  Something we haven't seen in years.  I still haven't picked up the DVD, but I will eventually.

I thought it was quite boring actually. I mean was the film suppose to be serious or funny cause it certain parts in the film it was just too silly acting.......that is to me it was. I just did not enjoy this film at all and would rather watch Cabin Fever before I watch this film again.......yes you heard it folks, I said it.:lol:

i liked aspects of the film but do tend to agree there were certain elements that bored me as well.

I liked the Host as well. i liked the history of the beast and what it was. For sure it was a comedy sometime . But it is not the first Korean movie i saw, i mean if you have seen "The quiet familly" you will probably understand cause the way of acting was similar.Anyway i can say i liked this movie:D

Did anyone else notice the enormous plot similarities between this and Cloverfield?

My older sis got me The Host on DVD for Christmas last year, and I finally got around to watching it just last night.  I shouldn't have put it off so long; what a great monster movie this is.  The ending pissed me off a little, but it's nevertheless a very well done flick and I can almost guarantee you've never seen a monster movie quite like this one.  Very highly recommended.

i ended up likeing The Host as well but i do agree with RIP about the humor, it seemed a little out of place...almost to the point you dont take the movie seriously

I found the beginning of Host to be very interesting and a great throwback to 50's creature features. As the movie progressed I kinda fell out of love with the story. Asian horror has a way of starting out one way and quickly shifting directions. Overall it was a good fusion of humor and horror.

over rated the best part of movie was when y the thinks tail hit man
Went in water.

I thought that the ending ruined it for me. They should not have let it end that way. The monster was good and yes it did look like a very angry giant tadpole. Wish it had eaten the stupid scientist from the beginning, and would I have done what he said No! I would have walked out and reported him. The brothers/sister relationship was sad and the fact that no-one would believe the one who had lost his daughter.  More sad than horror for me.

News from Korea on The Host 2.

Early poster art.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa261/bloodwavedvd/AHW/host1.jpg

According to the official press release and reports from various Korean news sites, THE HOST 2 will take place in Cheonggyecheon (or Cheonggye Stream), a creek running through the downtown of Seoul that leads to the Han River. Cheonggyecheon was covered with concrete between the 1950s and 70s to build a road, but restored in 2005.

The story is set in 2003 when the restoration was at an early stage. Principal characters, such as street vendors, demolition contractors, and policemen are involved with the disorder and conflict caused by the restoration— one of which is, or course, the monsters from underground. The script, written by well-known comic artist Kang Full (as previously reported in SciFi Japan’s THE HOST 2 Update), was submitted on December 20, 2007 after six months of writing. The press release confirmed that the sequel is actually a prequel, which will fill in the blanks of the prologue of the first film. The press release also confirmed that there will be multiple monsters appearing in the new film.

Courteousy of Asian Horror World
http://groups.myspace.com/asianhorrorworld