Topic: Trailer: Cirque Du Freak The Vampires Assistant

From youtube comes the trailer for Cirque Du Freak and I hate to say it but I really do not like it. Even Salma Hayek is not gonna save this one as the beared lady. Kinda reminds me of Big Fish with a horror angle. Watch below. The film wil...

Read More : Trailer: Cirque Du Freak The  Vampires Assistant

Re: Trailer: Cirque Du Freak The Vampires Assistant

sad Oh hell no! I am so, so sorry I absolutely love the books and still do but dammit this trailer seems like the atypical teenager trite shoved on to me lately. I was expecting something.. well dark, mystiqued, bold and rather different but beautiful. This looks bad, not even funny bad just bad.

I'm scared now hmm I was hopeful but that trailer has just taken my interest and slashed it to a mere 5%. Oh please god, do not let this be as bad as the trailer makes out.. neutral

I don't know... looks really Hollywood.  Maybe there's a cameo by Mr. Boogedy to spice it up.

So now it looks like they're using the title "Cirque Du Freak: The Vampires Assistant" ?
What are they going to do for the sequel? Or is this movie a combination of the 2 books?
It does look like they are planning for another tween smash though hmm
I'm beginning to have reservations about this now and I thought it sounded interesting when I first heard about it.

I might watch this. Dewey Cox amused me.

Are you just saying that because you're ashamed to admit you liked him in Chicago? winklol:lol::lol:

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:

Are you just saying that because you're ashamed to admit you liked him in Chicago? winklol:lol::lol:

Dewey Cox was in Chicago?

wasn't Dewey Cox in Boogie Nights ???

Entertaining yes, the genre bender I thought it would be....definitely not.

C'mon Meh- "Big Fish"?  That's a stretch.

I for one actually liked the trailer, it had a nice bit of humor to it, especially the Gameboy (or whatever) in the coffin.  Doesn't look like real horror.  I haven't read the books yet, so I cannot comment on the differences.

Won't see it in theaters, though; doesn't look that good.

Glad they decided on a title at least...I work for a research/development company and they've been circulating between Cirque Du Freak, The Vampire's Apprentice and Freak Like Me as possible titles....still, John Riley as a vampire is intriguing  neutral

Y'know, finally watched the trailer, not impressed, but I don't think it's that bad. I won't see it in theaters or anything, but hey it might be entertaining. Maybe..

Actually I AM impressed Love the Gothic look and the dry humour. Will definitely be awaiting the arrival of this one.  cool