Re: Remember the Rules... New Banning Policy

Taken to heart Meh trust me. I was down yesterday and all the crap pulled me even further but I do understand everything said as I do the new rules. We understand ya Meh smile

Who could ever hate Mr Meh sir ? your lovely the new rules are really fair and I promise to be nice at all times except to Macho though .

Just as a reminder of why Meh originally started this thread.

Meh wrote:

The rules should all be clear to everyone but lately some of you seem to forget you are my guests here and its not a RIGHT but a priviledge to be a part of our community. So with that said new banning policies are now in effect.

Normally moderators wait until I am around so they can share the links with me and decide a course of action. Effective immediately if you break my very clear and very easy rules a moderator will ban you immediately from the site. It is at their discretion as to whether it will be permanent or a temp ban.

If you behave properly, let me know what happened I will consider lifting the ban so long as we can all agree its water under the bridge / apologies are given, etc. Otherwise your SOL and no longer welcome in our community. If a moderator bans you and you re-register and act like an asshole you will be given no consideration and your ban will not be lifted.

Those of you who have been around awhile know  I rarely ban and often give people the benefit of the doubt and unban people who apologize. I am not some all seeing being and I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

I do not take pride in banning people and I do take pride that its VERY rare I have to. You all police yourselves so the moderators are here to help people and encourage discussion not police. But now they have my permission when I am not around to do just that... make sure the integrity of the community WE have all built is maintainted.

As for the rules its pretty simple. RESPECT. You will respect me, you will respect every member and you will behave like a mature adult. If you can not post without flaming and if you can not show enough respect for me by not following this simple rule... you will be banned. Period.

Every member new or old is just as welcome and just as important as those who have been here from the start of this site. Just because some members like MovieMaven, myself, and JMH314 have been around forever does not make us anymore important then somebody with 10 or 100 posts. What that means is if you can not show the same level of respect and courtesy to them as you would me or any other senior member.. you are not welcome here.

This is not directed at 1 person. Its directed at everyone. We are all guilty of saying stupid things at times its how you followup and what you do after that will determine your stay here. Or if you stay at all.

Hopefully this is the last time this year I need to post this.

One thing I have always tried to have on HM is respect. If a post has upset me, I simply do not reply. No good can come of replying back when it might simply exacerbate things. But I do agree 'Respect' is something HM needs greatly. And I will always be respectful to the mods, Meh and everyone else on this site. smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-08-11 07:55:10)

I echo what BTK said, This is a great site and we all have a great time on here for the most part, I seriously hope nothing ever happens again like happened the other day.
Sorry Meh for derailing the thread, but yes we are all taking what you are saying seriously.

Meh wrote:

i hate to be a dick but this is a very serious topic. i hope everyone reading it is taking it to heart. Its kind of gotten derailed. Yesterday bullshit which resulted in me getting hatemail was easily the low light of my time running this site.

i realise that meh, and i really felt sorry and embarrassed for you, jmh and any other moderator who had to sort that shit out.i keep saying this but you and your team do a great job and we all appreciate it and we all know the rules , nothing has changed much in that respect. let's keep this site the way it's always been ( most of the time) good fun, good discussion, flirting, insulting ( in a nice way), laughs, tears ( hope we don't have too many of them,), advice, and good honest opinons and reviews. three cheers for meh and the whole of Horror Movies ca  the best website there is!:cool:

*Cheers!* thanks to everyone on the site who makes this place so welcoming and kind. The last few days have really tested the waters of HM and what we can/ cannot accept, but finally now we can go back to talking of the genre we all know and love...

Horror! big_smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-08-11 08:58:56)

amen

Agree with the policy 110% .... but what the hell did i miss while i was gone???? .... guess it's time to search the threads.... I have a feeling i know who was involved without looking though... hmm

I come to this site and actually post here because the atmosphere is more positive then other sites I visit.  There's one in particular...

Anyway, I'm not sorry I missed the events that led to this post, but I've always found this site to be congenial toward healthy, well reasoned debate without the need to resort to flame wars and name calling. 

To be honest, based on what I've seen here, I had believed those rules posted above to always be the case.  I guess I was mistaken.  And not for the first time.

You guys do a great job already in keeping this place civil and I for one appreciate it.

Keep up the good work.

^^ I think the threads were deleted

sMart wrote:

I come to this site and actually post here because the atmosphere is more positive then other sites I visit.  There's one in particular...

Anyway, I'm not sorry I missed the events that led to this post, but I've always found this site to be congenial toward healthy, well reasoned debate without the need to resort to flame wars and name calling. 

To be honest, based on what I've seen here, I had believed those rules posted above to always be the case.  I guess I was mistaken.  And not for the first time.

You guys do a great job already in keeping this place civil and I for one appreciate it.

Keep up the good work.

Ditto. I don't get here anywhere near as often as I would like but have always found the site to be informative, interesting and friendly too. Not sad to have missed the brou ha ha, but glad its sorted.  Viva HM

I'm glad the site has found it's peace and quiet again.. I got registered in this site without a second thought as soon as I saw the atmosphere in here.. You guys very connected as a gang and you're very friendly. Apart from that the site is very informative and intresting! One of the best forums I've found in a while..
As sMart said, keep up the good work
and don't let some flamers and stuff disappoint you!

Wow, apparently I missed quite a bit of action in my absence.  Not sure I want to know, and glad it's all over.  Besides, I always thought that the policy way was the way to behave anyway, I hate when folks hide behind the net to be a douchebag.  What the hell happened to good manners, anyway?  Good to see it put forth so well, Meh.  You're the man! wink

If something I ever post offends somebody,please let me know.I enjoy being on this site and would never knowingly offend anyone.

Last edited by hellrat (2009-09-18 16:01:58)

Hell-Bells you've never offended anyone you are too nice for that wink

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-09-18 16:07:01)

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Hell-Bells you've never offended anyone you are too nice for that wink

Shouldn't that be hellrat-bells?:lol:

Should be, but since when did I go by the rules? tonguelol

There are some copyright issues so just for now, we'll stick to the Hell-Bells one. Hellrat-Bells, maybe later. cool lol

hellrat wrote:

If something I ever post offends somebody,please let me know.I enjoy being on this site and would never knowingly offend anyone.

I find your refusal to offend people offensive and I know you did that on purpose just to offend me mad

lol:lol:

I think half of the offensive posts are for Macho. He's just so offensible lol

Last edited by MisterVertigo (2009-09-18 17:10:46)

I think the word you meant to use was OFFENSIVE lol:lol::lol:
Or maybe offended?

Or more likely..... OFFENDER lol:lol:

<INSERT MACHO NAME HERE> wrote:
hellrat wrote:

I find your refusal to offend people offensive and I know you did that on purpose just to offend me mad

lol:lol:

Ok.I'll make an exception in your case.:lol:

Ok theres only two things i wanna say.Meh u and everybody who makes this site happen thank you.The second is BTK im guilty of admiring ur butt hope that doesnt offend u.

offend her? hell, it's a rite of passage! tongue