Topic: What's your favorite classic horror movie? (updated)

Ok now this is exactly how i wanted it.I know everybody loves all of these classic horror movies, but what is your true one and only favorite and yes i know this one is a thinker. I know that The Evil Dead or Phantasm isn't on here which sucks b/c there wasn't enough spaces to fill those in. But this is an update to my original poll which i had to delete. Have fun and choose wisely!

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-03-06 12:10:32)

Re: What's your favorite classic horror movie? (updated)

I'm still going with my original choice TCM b/c this one had some of the most classic scenes in this and also if you have seen the making of this movie, it is really amazing of how they created the inside of the house and also the whole entire atmosphere and feel for this movie makes it that just better.

I know you could only list a few but TCM was the oldest film you picked I think there were better film pre 60s than those.

What about the real classics like Frankenstein, Dracula,Werewolf, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Nosferatu, Psycho, Last Man on Earth and Night of the Living Dead.

I know when you said classic movies you meant films that stood the test of time but Alien another classic isn't on the list Shining, I could go on forever.

I guess on that list I have to go with Jaws because now I always think twice before going swimming at a beach smile

Golden i know that i could of listed so many more actually alot more and if there was more you could of chose from i would of put them down but you're limited to how many you can put down which sucks. Oh and i definitely know there are plenty of other classic horror movies that i too can definitely list and so can everyone else.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-03-06 13:04:07)

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Golden i know that i could of listed so many more actually alot more and if there was more you could of chose from i would of put them down but you're limited to how many you can put down which sucks. Oh and i definitely know there are plenty of other classic horror movies that i too can definitely list and so can everyone else.

Cool my issue was those films were all from the late 70s early 80s I am not knocking your selections there all worthy films.

I appreciate you putting up the poll. smile

Maybe we can put a poll similiar to this in the future by each decade. Just a thought.

And Thanks again.

Definitely come up with another one in the future where you can select a horror movie from the 20's-early 80's.

From the list given, I chose the Exorcist though many of the films are my favourites. 

However, for every good film that is on this list, there are many more that deserve their spots.

By far, I think my favourite horror film is Bride of Frankenstein.  Whale fought the studios to make this a film with depth and character.  It also is one of the first examples of a film shooting one thing while saying another (subtext overriding the text).

But it's not there so I will go with the Exorcist.

I like pea soup!!!

gosh this one was the hardest poll yet, my mind is going this one..no that one..ahhhh
Halloween gets it on this level for me. I like the characters, I like the way its presented, that theme song, there are no negatives with this movie.

does anyone know the name of the lady that helped write/bring to life the characters in Halloween? thanks:)

Last edited by thedeadshallrule (2007-03-06 15:03:01)

Wasn't it Debra Hill? I pick Friday The 13th

thanks Seasons:)

i voted for Hellraiser , The Omen, A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Exorcist

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

i went with Hellraiser, now dont get me wrong, they are all great movies, with the exception of jaws, i personally hate that movie, the book is so much better, but anyways, but hellraiser just really stuck to me as a great masterpiece.

Duh, The Exorcist. Since when is Children of the Corn a classic?! lol

the exorcist. as classic as classic can be.

I went with "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".  It's one of my favorite horror films of all time.

Debra Hill did a second draft on the script for "Halloween".  She basically wrote all the "girl stuff", as it likes to be called.

Yeah TCM all the way! I loved that movie.

Halloween. But my vote will probably change in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Man theres alot of polls that I can vote for: Hellraiser tongue

1. Halloween
2. Jaws
3. Friday the 13th

Had to go with Halloween and Hellraiser tied for first, with A Nightmare on Elmstreet second and The Exorsist third.

I picked Halloween but also went with TCM..I picked The Exorcist on the other pole..

the omen

Texas Chainsaw,of Course!

friday the 13th baby all of the movies are classics including children of the corn that movie scared the shit outta me and pet sematary is another classic by stephen king but i pick friday b/c it was a mystery u didnt no who the killer was and u think its jason and its not i think that the real classic up on that list