Topic: 3D or not 3D

I think hollywood is going a bit too far with all the 3d movies. Once a novelty now just another 3d movie. Ithink hollywood is making too many 3d movies. What do you think?

Re: 3D or not 3D

I love the new 3d

It's certainly better than it used to be, and i'm not tired of it yet, it will run it's course. i am looking to forward to Final Destination in 3D

batwolf09 wrote:

I think hollywood is going a bit too far with all the 3d movies. Once a novelty now just another 3d movie. Ithink hollywood is making too many 3d movies. What do you think?

i completely agree. Its another gimmick toget us into theaters. THey should focus on making good movies and less on gimmicks and then they wont NEED gimmicksto get us into the theater.

welcome to the site!

3D would be kewl it it were to work better. It looks good sometimes but others its just crappy and gimmicky...:/ But I have hope! big_smile

Final Destination and Piranha are gonna be kickass in 3D.

I don't know how someone could think it a gimmick. Movies - and especially movies at the cinema - are suppose to be about the experience, and who can say 3D is NOT an experience?

It goes without saying that story is paramount, but can you imagine how much My Bloody Valentine woulda sucked if it wasn't in 3D? lol:lol::lol:

BIG TIME!

I prefer 2D.

3D big_smile

I really appreciate GOOD 3-D work. But when they transfer the REAL 3D to the cheapo pink and green home version I HATE it. Coraline looked great in theaters, but less than impressive at home. And I have a great 1080 P Samsung LCD. So I have to blame it on the crappy transfer to crappy at home 3-D.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/SXT7xLiR3nI/AAAAAAAA3ig/1oXMLP_JEw8/s640/031_pics.jpg

Wow dude, you got an incredible amount of free time on your hands don't you? Hahaha. Awesome, thanks for the chuckles.

3D in moderation. Overall I do not have that big a problem with it, it just seems lately that in order to grab people they need to use 3D, whereas before it was a nice little quirk once in a while, it's now everywhere and because of this real filmmakers/ directors are being pushed to the wayside to make way for this.

Real films with real heart are not getting where they ought to and it is not right. I really did prefer 3D when it was a nice treat as opposed to in our faces 24/7. For me the spark of it is slowly fading because I want a real meaty film without the necessity of using it for the sake of it.

Overall I still love 3D but for right now in the current climb I say no 3D. Give us some real movies with a real chunk of action. I'm of the opinion that if the french (Martyrs, High Tension, Frontiere(s)) can do GREAT movies without the need of 3D then sure Hollywood etc can. Pull out your thumbs and give us something special instead of movies with 3D to endorse them!

At this moment in time therefore I am saying no to 3D.

I have only seen 1 3D  movie in my life, that was MBV 3D which i saw on DVD and loved it
The Final Destination wil great 3D. 

As never saw the old 3D,  I really liked the new 3D

i have to agree. 3D is getting rediculous now a days! I am just fine with 2D myself. If you ask me I think putting out a movie in 3D is just trying too hard to be appeal to the new generation. Movies were not meant to be put inside of it just to watch and enjoy hell if you wanna be so much into the movie then go be an actor or actress or glue the tv screen to your face..lol! sorry if that might sound rude to some but it's the honest truth. 3D is just so blech now a days. roll

Last edited by KillMeDeadly (2009-08-21 23:32:08)

I think 3D movies are all about the special effects. They don't pay so much attention to the script or the acting.. So I'll stick to the "not 3D" option.

I can take it or leave it. The first 3D film I saw in the theater was Andy Warhol's Frankenstein in the 70's. I can't remember much about the 3D effect lol but I do remember one when the huge shears came out off the screen, that was wild.

The latest 3D movie I watched was My Bloody Valentine remake on dvd. I saw it it on my TV so it wasn't a big thrill or anything.

I sure don't go out of my way to see 3D movies so even if they stopped making them today it sure wouldn't bother me none!

Meh wrote:
batwolf09 wrote:

i completely agree. Its another gimmick toget us into theaters. THey should focus on making good movies and less on gimmicks and then they wont NEED gimmicksto get us into the theater.

welcome to the site!

Unfortunately with most of the movies coming out of Hollywood nowadays  gimmics are about all they have left.

The theater system is desperate for bussiness right now...its def a gimmick but it seems to draw audiences to theaters...all I have to say is "My Bloody Valentine" in 3D was awsome!

i live 3-D but couldn't watch a long movie because it tends to give me a headache

HELP! With MBV 3D someone told me that the  DVD had better 3D then cinema did

Is this true?

As i can not get ticket for TFD in 3D (SOLD OUT on the days i am free), I do want to see in 3D,Some saying better in 2D as deaths look better without 3D!

is true? or dose the 3D save the movie,

Last edited by BASSI (2009-09-03 09:12:33)

i think3D saved Final destination

I never was really a fan of 3D movies until recently. I remember catching a 3D flick here and there over the years with the corny paper glasses. However, I must say I'm impressed with the 3D capabilities presently..I got a small glimpse of it when I took my family and I to see Harry Potter in IMAX 3D with the small amount they had in that. I also was impressed with Coraline in that sense as well...though for some reason I got a headache after viewing that particular movie lol...and now I just saw Final Destination 3D...and I think the concept of 3D has come a long way. Saying that, I think HollyWeird will see the interest in the concept and exploit the hell out of it like they do everything else...so as of right now...no, I don't think it has been overused...but has the potential to be

that being said...if a movie is good, I'm not sure I need the added gimmick of 3D to enjoy it...i'm so used to 2D...and I don't have to wear glasses for 2 hours...lol

I want 4d.

If it's done right it's cool, I didn't see My Bloody Valentine 3D in the theatre but have the dvd, i liked it but the colouring was a minor problem with me. I went to see The Final Destination at the cinema & was extremely impressed with the 3D, the glasses were clear the colour was perfect & i really did forget i was wearing the glasses. But it probably did help the film a lot.