Topic: You most recent nightmare thread

I know we all probably watch too many horror and sci-fi movies and have some most monstrous nightmares as a result and I thought of a thread to post our nightmares

Last night I dreamed of a world disaster and most of the city evacuated and I managed to survive. I do not remember it all but their were monsters and a bad flood.

Later in the dream, as the world was rebuilding so to speak, two giant monsters attacked the city and keep me cornered in a mall of some sort. They were as big as skyscrapers and they were so evil, they  started off as giant monsters like the ones from the old Japanese movie "War of the Gargantuans"  but they turned into giant monkeys that looked exactly like aza's avatar lol  They had babies about 20 feet tall that got inside the building and started terrorizing (and I think eating) people.

Now that I think about it its kinda hysterical but at the moment I woke up in a sweat and was up all night.

Re: You most recent nightmare thread

I think your imagination rocks! tongue
I recently watched REC and couldn't get to sleep.. It was really late and some strange noises were coming from outside the house. When I finally got to sleep, I simply dreamt of zombies and woke up in anger of having watched this film. In other words, I loved the film!

I had really bad dreams after watching the Descent..   the monsters were in my house --waiting in the dark to jump out !!

Gosh a while back I had a nightmare that i was outside having a drink and Alice Cooper as a street person was coming towards me and he was walking funny and it turns out he was a zombie so i ran and ran to a car and drove off. As I was driving my car turned into a hover craft (like star wars) and I pulled up to a big house like "the house on haunted hill" and went inside to see everything in white ans scientists in white. I was screaming about zombies and they acted indifferent. On the floor was a bucket of zombie heads and they were wiggling their tongues at me in a perverted way  lol and i proceeded to warn the people of the zombie attack. all the sudden there was a BOOM BOOM and you can see a glass of water moving. We all got up and ran to the next room (that had a 6 story ceiling and a all glass wall) and fucking Godzilla was there and we all ran even faster since we now have to contend with zombies and not to get eaten by Godzilla. We dived into a manhole as Godzilla tore the building down. the last guy got pulled out and eaten before he could get to safety then i woke up screaming. lol

I had a dream that my fiancee died and my dead dog started haunting me and she had a sweater on and I was petting her and she was loving it.....and my mom, in my dream, asked why I was petting the sweater

This wasn't the thread I was looking for but it was the first that came up when I searched and I have to write this down because pieces are already starting to fade.  I just had the most FUCKED UP dream I've had in years.  It was all over the place but here's some stuff that went on...

In  my dream, I'm living in a high rise with my sister over to visit.  I'm asleep on my couch when a cat lays down beside me and it's like the cat can talk. Suddenly it starts saying "I can see her face, i can see her face" and begins to panic.  I cover its eyes and suddenly my blanket puffs up like a strong wind has just passed through it, and I know it's a ghost.  I wake up and my big sister Hillary is sitting in a chair and she says, "Yeah, I just saw it."

Next I remember, we're in the same building and there's a family caring for a dying little girl.  Somehow or other Hillary and I get involved and want to help.  But the girl, it seems, isn't really sick but her parents and family watch her around the clock and tend to her as if she has a rare, terminal disease.  At one point I'm watching the girl and she falls out of her bed and I pick her up, and her -- mother?  aunt? -- curses at me.  But the little girl doesn't look sick, she looks afraid.  And in my dream I put it together that these people are doing something horrible to this girl.  Shit, the images are fading right now -- something happens and it's later, and the girl's dead and decaying in a white crinoline dress...shit...then suddendly I'm living in my deceased uncle's home (this is true -- I actually live in my deceased uncle Jimmy's home right now) and his brother, my Uncle Buford, who offered to let me stay here when I lost my job year before last, stops by to check in on me.  In real life I recently heard some disturbing news about my Uncle Buford, and I guess that living knowlege worked its way into my dream...so I'm living in this house, and Hillary and her daughter, my niece McKenna, are staying the night.  But I'm sleeping on the porch for some reason.  I hear a bunch of motors running and I look down the long road I live on and I see all the local kids hightailing it down the road on their scooters and mopeds and dirt bikes, and they're being chased by a gang of locals headed by my Uncle Buford.  As they pass me by, I peek out from under my covers (again, I'm sleeping on the porch) and no one sees me there except for this attractive woman at the back of the gang, but she just stares at me without saying anything.  And I'm wondering what the hell's going on, when I look up and there's a heretofore unseen sticker on my porch which says "Sunday Sermons every Sunday Night -- we come to punish sin."  Next thing I know I'm in the house in a back room, and I come walking out and there's my Uncle Buford and some other guy, and my sister Hillary and niece McKenna are asleep on the couch, and he's come to "punish" them for their sins, but he's a pervert (the fact I recently learned about him) and he sticks his face under McKenna's skirt (she's dressed king of goth-ish, which she does in real life) and he comments about how sweet her pussy smells, and he says something like "It's Sunday Night, time for the Sunday sermon" and he says some other stuff, but I get the realization that he's going to rape both of them and then kill them.  So I bum-rush them, and I fight with him and the other guy; I knock Uncle Buford's knife away, then he pulls a gun, but I somehow it falls apart in his hand.  I fight the other guy until I hit him so hard it kills him, then Uncle Buford pulls out a can of gas and is about to pour it on Hillary and McKenna when I rush him.  He says "It'll get on you, too, and you'll BURN" but suddenly there's a floor freezer between me and him, so I throw myself at it and push it into him, knocking him down.  Then suddenly I'm on top of him and his knife is in my hand, and I look back and Hillary's on the phone to the police.  But before I kill Uncle Buford I chop the other, already dead guy's face into a grid (now awake, it reminded me of the Resident Evil movie when the squad team leader's face is sliced up by the grid laser) then I hack at Uncle Buford's face and head.  And I tell Hillary, "Tell them (the police) exactly what happened and what I did to them" and I keep on hacking Uncle Buford's head until he's dead.

Then I woke up.  And there are a few other images which I can recall but out of context (!) I'm not sure where I saw them or how they played into the dream.  Something about a blonde haired woman in white looking at me during the part of the dream when I lived in the skyscraper.  OH!  I was a cop n the skyscraper, like part of a team of detectives.  At one point, anyway.  The rest of the time in the skyscraper part I was just me.  As weird and off-the wall, not to mention ridiculously violent, as the dream was, both in the dream and now after, there's a certain biblical sense to it all.  Can't really put my finger on it (aside from the zealotous bit with Uncle Buford and the gang) but even the stuff with the cat and the ghost and the little girl who wasn't sick but whose family treated her like she was, there was a pervalent religious feel to it.

Weird fuckin' dream, man.  And jesus, why do those dreams of mine which contain bloodshed have to be so damn graphic???  I mean, it was ridiciculously graphic.  Like a level of bloodshed and gore which reminds me of, and then exceeds, the shit I saw in combat.  Why can't I just have a nice dream, where there's a pretty girl and we fall for each other and live happily ever after?  But noooo, I get guys whose faces I cut into a grid and a demented pervert uncle who wants to rape and kill my sister... lol

^ Whoa. That's crazy man.

"Sunday Sermons every Sunday Night -- we come to punish sin."

creepy. I don't think I ever get a full, proper, complete sentence in any of my dreams. lol

Last edited by The Creature (2011-12-30 01:45:11)

Dreams like this one (and another one I had and posted a couple years back) often seem to have a running theme for me, and as I sit and think about it -- which is what I do whenever I have so graphic a dream -- I analyze shit I see.  I'm a firm believer that dreams are your brain's way of defragmenting and putting odd, random thoughts into somewhat of a narrative to appease the brain's need for order, and that that there is no deeper meaning.  But then I have a dream like this, and I try to figure out, "Okay, here's why this was in the dream".  For instance, I recently learned by very real Uncle Buford, who is a born-again Christian, used to be a big-time perv, so I know where that influence came from.  And just last night I commented to a post by Underdog about the movie Aftermath, which is extremely graphic, which I'm sure is what influenced the gore in my dream.  You know, shit like that.

Lon- sounds like a good movie script idea (with some tweaking).

Exactly what I've been thinking, actually.  Great minds, etc. big_smile

my mom told me she was tired of me and shot me, I tried to call my best friend and she killed her too I woke up screaming and crying not fun times

Man, I had an interesting one.  Something straight of "The Ruins."  I'm just somewhere random, and I notice I have a really stiff hair coming out of my arm- like a whisker but about an inch long.  So I tug it out, and a freaking worm is attached to it!  Then I notice more of these hair things.  I keep pulling them out and all kinds of weird shit is attached (I think one was a pearl necklace ???).  Pure Cronenberg shit.  One was this alien gloopy thing as big as my arm.  Woke up sweating like a pig.  I haven't watched any infection type movies recently, so I got no idea where it came from.  Worst part is that I can actually feel things in my dreams, and pulling that stuff out was unsettling- didn't really hurt but I could feel the stuff sliding through my skin and then pop out.  Oh, and after one extraction, there was an eyeball still left in the wound that I had to squeeze out.  Criminey, I'm messed up.

@Lon- the thing you said about having dreams with a thread?  I get those, too.  One is about when I was at Penn State, but the one apartment I was living in is this huge, rambling thing is disrepair.  Even had some type of haunted house maze attached to the back of it.  A lot of it is just trying to fix it up, but sometimes weirdness happens (ghosty stuff), or I'll venture out into town to do something, or go walking around campus (which is basically correct, but has all kinds of weirdness, like a big merry-go-round in the middle of campus).  Those tend to fun.

Another is I'm trying to protect a combo of a medieval fort/my old high school from either: 1) Army guys attacking, or 2) Demons running around the place.  Army guys always tend to win, but I generally hack the demons apart with a sword.  Oh, and the demon fighting was when I first learned how to lucid dream.  Before that, I would always get into that "I can't move away from bad things" mode, but somehow I taught myself how to make myself move purposely in dreams.  It made it so much more fun!  Heh heh.

3rd is one where I'm infiltrating government buildings, which oddly have mini-malls, cinemas, and theatres inside.  The missions are always a jumbled mess of stealing something, running a play, or other random nonsense.  It's like James Bond on crack or something, and are always really fun.

Finally, back when I was a kid, I was scared of the old Draculas- Universal and Hammer.  Always was in my one grandparent's house, he's always stalking.  Nothing really ever happened, but creepy as all get out.

There you go folks, way way way more information than you ever wanted about the inside of MonkeyBoy's brain!  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2012-01-15 04:54:28)

^^dude gross lol thats creepy man

^^
Check my update for some stuff that is more fun than gross.

wow I like the canival sounding one with merrygo rounds I have had dreams like that. mostly mine consist of my killing someone (close to me) myself or zombies (sometimes my family are zombvies) or insects are involved (I.e spiders, ants, roaches) those are the worst because I wake up clawing at myself trying to get them off I have scrached my face up more than once because of those

had a dream i broke my leg. i've woken up and my leg hurts! hmm

Two nights ago i had a dream where I just happened to be swimming out in the middle of the ocean at night. I went under the water and found the shipwrecked Titanic. It was so eerie and creepy.