Topic: Horror films with dogs?

Killer dog movies are something I really get into lol, even really lame ones. I like horror and I like dogs, it's a prefect match tongue.

So i'd like to have a list of the ones you have seen, liked or just know of so I can see more. Thanks guys!

Cujo is the best IMO.

Re: Horror films with dogs?

the ones i have seen   THE BREED (2007)  7/10
                                     THE PACK (I977)   8/10)
                                       DOGS    (1976)  4/10     

That's the only ones that come to mind.

Thanks! I've only seen The Breed of those! I like that you rated them as well.

We just had an elderly couple torn to bits by a pack of feral dogs in the town next to mine.  Separately.  Weird stuff.  The wife went out for a walk with the family dog and didn't come home.  The husband went driving to find her.  When he saw her body on the road he got out and was attacked himself.  It was CRAZY.  The pack included 11 adult dogs and 4 pups. 
(sorry that just reminded me)

What about Man's Best Friend?

Cujo was only OK at the end....Sweet dog movies would be Resident Evil and The Omen!

man best friend scared the living hell out of me when i saw it.

Cujo, Mans Best Friend, and White Dog are my favs.

Devil Dog-Hound of Hell

and for crazy dog scenes--how about these ? :
People Under The Stairs ??
The Thing?
Cursed?
The Hills Have Eyes ?

Pet Sem. 2 also has a few good crazy dog scenes.

Dawn of the Dead (remake) The collie called Chips always had a soft spot with me, he was fantastic big_smile

The Thing, that dog scene scared the hell out of me!

But for me, my favourites were Beauty and Beast from The Hills Have Eyes, Original and Remake, those dogs were so darn cute and vicious too when called for, def. my favourites smile

The Hills Have Eyes always comes to my mind first...Love Beast!!!

Hills Have Eyes .. I wish those were my bad-ass dogs !!

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Cujo, Mans Best Friend, and White Dog are my favs.

oh christ susp!  how could i forget White Dog? great film, very underated and very sad.

Cujo, Haven't seen it for few years now, but def. one of my favs.
The Hills Have Eyes
Resident Evil
I Am Legend, those dogs we're horrifying
The Thing, the dog scene still freaks me out to this day

Cujo, Resident Evil, The Hills Have Eyes (original), Pet Semetary 2, The Thing, ummm....that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Theres that scene from The Beyond with the dog THAT KICKS ASS!!!! big_smile

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Pet Sem. 2 also has a few good crazy dog scenes.

Yeah i'm a bit obsessed with that dog lol Zowie. I want to know what mix of breeds he is, my guess is MalamutexGerman Shepherd. I have a shepherd and i'd like to put him to a malamute to get pups that stunning.

I haven't heard of Mans Best Friend!! What's it about? What kind of dog?

All great suggestions guys, i'm making a list lol.

Man's Best Friend is an Ally Sheedy movie about a genetically altered dog that is a killer.  I think it was a St Bernard or close to it.  But I haven't seen it in a while.

moviemaven wrote:

Man's Best Friend is an Ally Sheedy movie about a genetically altered dog that is a killer.  I think it was a St Bernard or close to it.  But I haven't seen it in a while.

Thanks. ha like Rottweiler where the dog is like half terminator!

no love for Monster Dog? what gives tongue
plus Alice Cooper's in it big_smile

moviemaven wrote:

We just had an elderly couple torn to bits by a pack of feral dogs in the town next to mine.  Separately.  Weird stuff.  The wife went out for a walk with the family dog and didn't come home.  The husband went driving to find her.  When he saw her body on the road he got out and was attacked himself.  It was CRAZY.  The pack included 11 adult dogs and 4 pups. 
(sorry that just reminded me)

What about Man's Best Friend?

farkn hell.... horror story shit f'real lol

i love dogs... treat them poorly and you get the above story, prolly not that bad ass... bad story.. both attacked at different times by same gang...

aww the four lil pups.. how cute..

P2 has a dog in it... but tis a small part.. good movie though

Baby_Firefly wrote:
moviemaven wrote:

Hey now that you mention it, I think Man's Best Friend was a rottweiler.  That feels right.

moviemaven wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:
moviemaven wrote:

Hey now that you mention it, I think Man's Best Friend was a rottweiler.  That feels right.

Max was actually a tibetan mastiff ..

Ah fuck.  Oh well, I have only seen it once and that was 16 freakin years ago.  LOL  I'll forgive myself.

deadhorse13 wrote:

no love for Monster Dog? what gives tongue
plus Alice Cooper's in it big_smile

Ooo i'll take Alice Cooper anytime I can't have Marilyn Manson lol. That ones going on the list!